Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: Dallas vs. Houston in 4th NFL preseason game

Craig Roberts returns to KPRC 2 with his 'Daily Craig' column.

We know the 4th NFL EXHIBITION GAME is for the birds. It's for borderline players. It's for the owners to get money. It's not for starters. The last people you want to see on the field? Doctors.

Dr. Walt Lowe is a terrific surgeon. I don't want him to star in next Tuesday's "Hard Knocks" finale on HBO. Tom Savage will play the whole game as the Texans QB. He hopes to become the most famous 3RD Stringer ever. Tony Romo will only be seen as his goofy cable TV self on those AT&T spots. It doesn't matter if it's DALLAS VS. HOUSTON. It really isn't. Not even close. The only Dallas vs. Houston deal that will matter in September will be Astros and Rangers. Who would have believed that in April. Certainly not this lover of the games. I KNOW the Rangers really live in Arlington. But it's too hard to hate Arlington so Dallas it is.

Vince Wilfork will star on the sideline with his new best friend J.J. I think Vince is the modern day Carl Mauck. Oilers fans loved Carl. We weren't quite sure why. Vince wasn't the first to dazzle in bibs. At a toast and roast of years ago Mauck showed up in bib overalls with a tux shirt and bow tie. The bibs were jet black. He was introduced by Son of . Wade told the crowd the ground crew at the Dome voted Mauck their favorite player. Carl was stunned. Wade the told us why HE WAS SO HONORED. They used Mauck's to draw the on deck circles. I gotta enjoy the Astros open date.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

Daily Craig 640x360 jpg

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote