MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-04-2007, 09:38 PM   #21
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
i talked to albert, people see a 19yr old and they think stupid chump watch this he doesnt know better. i know i didnt get a steal on my bike but im gona buy from a nice person not a asshat but i got the 5year extended warranty jacket and gloves licence plte eliminator and flush blinkers
hardcoresteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sig help? tonyt915 General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 04-06-2009 08:24 PM
where do i get that sig where it syas i rode xx, miles on a bike? Nightster Ridester General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 05-31-2008 10:23 PM
New sig....... del240z Stunters Lounge 98 06-08-2007 12:10 PM
Cool name,bike,pic sig thingy Nightster Ridester Off Topic 12 01-20-2007 03:51 PM
Ok, so who needs a sig... Phaz3d Off Topic 80 07-18-2006 05:29 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-04-2007, 09:47 PM   #22
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Quote:
Originally Posted by hardcoresteve
texas city kawi and cl kawi tried to charge me 10k plus for a zzr
Albert at Texas City Kawasaki has been nothing but great to us. Like TurboLShatch said I am one of the 3 that bought a bike there. In fact I bought 2 there already and both have been way less than MSRP OTD.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:59 PM   #23
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
That first part is REALLY hard to believe. Not saying you're lying at all, but my firsthand experience, and obviously a few friends experiences have been totally opposite. I doubt the age thing has much to do with it either. I was 23 at the time, and I could easily pass for a highschooler.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:07 PM   #24
hardcoresteve
Hero since birth

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2007 R6s
1983 FS50 moped

Send a message via AIM to hardcoresteve
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch
That first part is REALLY hard to believe. Not saying you're lying at all, but my firsthand experience, and obviously a few friends experiences have been totally opposite. I doubt the age thing has much to do with it either. I was 23 at the time, and I could easily pass for a highschooler.
i might still have the quotes on paper. so next time theres a meet if they are laying around here i will brinkg them. its on there letterhead
hardcoresteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 11:50 AM   #25
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbo_LS_Hatch
Who did you talk to at Texas City? I, along with two of my friends got our new ZX-6R's for about $1,000 less OTD than you got the R6s for, with no hassles at all.

I don't doubt your experience with Clear Lake one bit though. That dealer sucks in EVERY way.
I got my 06 636 brand new from Extreme Motorsports in Tomball for $8500 OTD with stand, tie downs and canyon dancer (when the 06's were just hitting the floor). Kris was who hooked me up with the deal. She doesnt work there anymore but she went above and beyond out of her way for me to help me out with setting everything up.

I paid $11,000 OTD for my 07 zx10r with tie downs, canyon dancer and a hat. lol

Fu*k Clear Lake Kawi though! The little manager guy over there is a douche bag. If i remember right, I think his name is Johnny and i believe he was the General Manager. My girl and I were looking for an 06 636 (preferably black) for her and Clear Lake was the only dealer in town that had any 06's left in stock. They had 2 green ones. The 07's had been on the floor for a month or two already. He said he would make us a KILLER deal cause he needed to move them. We went ahead and filled out the credit application thinking we would be buying from them just to get the approval out of the way. I was thinking "great, prob even cheaper than i bought mine for".... WRONG! He comes back with like $9300 OTD as his bottom dollar! I laughed and I told him what i paid for mine back when they first came out along with getting some extras and he said there is no way he could go that low blah, blah, blah. I tried to haggle with him but he wouldnt budge. I then asked a price on the zx10 thinking since my girl wants a black 636 and i already have one, ill pass it down to her and get myself on the 10r. He comes back with like $12,500 OTD. And the whole time hes acting like hes hooking me up phat! Lol! I told him ok, ill go to someone that actually wants to sell a bike and that i was done wasting my time at Clear Lake. I asked if i could get the application info so they could just pull the same one up at another shop so we dont have to run our credit again. He trys to snake me saying "he already filled the application out with his stores information and if we didnt buy from him, we wouldnt be able to use it without running a credit application again". I called Highlands Kawi right in front of him and talked to Chris. I told him what was going on and the prices he quoted and he laughed and said come to him and he will take care of us. We went over to Highlands and i picked up my zx10r. While we were there filling out the paperwork, that *** from clear lake called up trying to find out what they were selling us the bike for. lol They blew him off with some crazy price just to him off and hung up. We finished up the paperwork and we loaded the 10r in my truck.

Ill never deal with Clear Lake again unless maybe for some exhaust gaskets if i need them because they are close to me but besides that, that dealer blows! I do recommend Highlands though! Good guys!
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:46 PM   #26
jus10

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

txferrari, your old bike still look the same? I'm out in that area, I'll let ya know if I see it.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 06:44 PM   #27
Princess
MH's ex fake mod

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 6 years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
06 ZX-6R
09 Santa Cruz SL
Serotta Legend Ti

Send a message via AIM to Princess
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neversatisfied02

Yeah, I've heard good things about Highlands as well. The ONLY good thing about CL Kawi is the parts guy. He's actually honest and doesn't BS around. Nice guy as well. I steer anyone looking for a Kawi as far away from that place as possible though. . . except OEM parts.

Sorry to hijack your thread txferrari.
Princess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 07:42 PM   #28
Jon

Bike(s):
MV Agusta

who does eximports financing? most lenders allow 125% - 135% of MSRP / NADA avg retail value. I've also seen people get approved there that would never normally get approved which probably is part of the reason they can charge obscene money. pay to play kinda thing. not saying it's right, i am a believer in a difference between making money and people but wow if i could get people approved on sportbikes when they have no credit i'd be rich selling at msrp. i have to turn away 5 to 10 people a day at times because i can't get them approved.
Jon is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement