MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Texans O'Brien keeping a swear jar

The Houston Texans foray into the behind-the-scenes drama of the HBO series "Hard Knocks" has brought people inside the world of the team's second-year head coach Bill O'Brien. 

The show has clearly shown his human side, either through a heartfelt conversation with tackle David Quessenberry as he tries to return from non-Hodgkin lymphoma or with his nearly falling out of chair laughing as rookie tight end Khari Lee delivered a spot-on impression of him during the rookie "skits."

But the overwhelming theme of the program has been the coach's foul mouth. He was aware of how he might be portrayed before the show began.

Before the first episode was aired, the coach and some of the Texans management team had a chance to watch the show.

“I called my parents and I asked them not to watch it - especially my mother," O'Brien said.

"She’s Irish Catholic and she goes to mass I think every day. She’s not going to be very happy with me.” 

It's a theme that has continued throughout the series and on Tuesday at the annual team luncheon, O'Brien explained his foul mouth is going to be a good thing for charity.

"I would tell you I don't swear that much. I'm not sure how they feed these swears into these programs.

"It's really gotten my dander up," he deadpanned.

Then he brought out a prop to show the crowd - a container full of money.

"We're going to call this the swear jar," he explained. "The Houston Texans Foundation will be happy to know that I will be making a personal donation to account for all of the swearing during "Hard Knocks.""

"There's only four days left and I'm gonna real try and watch my tongue and not swear," he added.

forums

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote