Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2015, 10:20 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Daily Craig: 'Hard Knocks' life for Texans

Craig Roberts returns to KPRC 2 with his 'Daily Craig' column.

At Bill O'Brien's news conference on Monday he was asked for the umpteenth time about his language on "Hard Knocks." He said it's all about context.

"I don't really swear that much," he said. He was right until the show started.

Part 4 of 5 was completed Tuesday night. Vince Wilfork showed his stuff (and I mean that) in an outfit only a guy his size with a sense of humor could pull off.

The HBO crew also did the obvious by focusing on those players about to be cut and Travis Labhart was a victim in the show's closing minute. He is described according to NFL RULES, "Any fast little white guy will be described as a Wes Welker type." I am fairly certain those exact words are in the league handbook. 

I also know something about being cut from a team. My sophomore year in high school we had a 12-man basketball team and I was sure I was the 13th. As it turned out the coach told the team I would NOT BE CUT. He said if he ran out of cigarettes on road trips he knew I would have some. He quit smoking my junior year and I was cut. There has to be a lesson there.

One other thing about 'HARD KNOCKS". The silent star of the show is the Douglas Football Pad Co. The product is all over the screen. The family owned company is right here in HOUSTON with the production facility in the Heights on 6th Street. I did a KPRC 2 story on them 25 years ago. They said they hoped their designs would catch on. I think they may be on to something. I gotta wear my tailbone pad a little tighter.

Read more about Craig Roberts here.

Daily Craig 640x360 jpg

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote