Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-31-2015, 11:00 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Texans trade 7th round pick for reserve tackle

The Houston Texans have made a trade to fortify their offensive line depth. Houston has traded a seventh-round selection in the 2016 draft to the Denver Broncos for offensive tackle Chris Clark. 

Clark, 29, has been with Denver for the last five seasons. He has started 27 games in his seven-year career, with 21 of those starts coming over the last two seasons.  

He started five games at right tackle last season and began training camp this season as the starter at that spot, but had recently been working as the backup at left tackle.

He made 14 starts at left tackle in 2013 in place of injured all-Pro left tackle Ryan Clady. He also started three playoff games that season for the Broncos. 

Texans left tackle Duane Brown did not play Sunday in the Texans 27-13 win at New Orleans due to a hand injury. 

Brown was described as day-to-day by head coach Bill O'Brien when he discussed the injury during the week.

"He’s going to miss some time here, but it’s basically day-to-day. I wouldn’t put it in the serious category but he will not play against New Orleans," O'Brien said Friday.

When asked if he thought Brown would miss a regular season game, O'Brien said, "No. Again, it’s day-to-day, but as I sit here today, I would say no, but like always, you’ve got to give me the right to reserve to change my mind.

"So today it’s a no, but as we go forward you never know. It’s day-to-day.”

When the offseason began, the Texans hoped that Jeff Adams would provide depth at tackle, but Adams has been playing guard since training camp began on Aug. 1.

Adams has started each of the team's three preseason games at left guard and the current backup left guard, last season's second-round pick Xavier Su'a-Filo, remains sideline with a lower leg injury.

Houston plays its final preseason game on Thursday in Arlington against the Dallas Cowboys.

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote