MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-02-2015, 09:30 AM   #221
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I'd like to see the data on this.

From what I've seen/heard, the traffic enforcement team is not as big as you think. The police presence you mainly see on the roads are officers in route to their area of patrol, or precinct station. IMO, the cameras do more harm than most. I can't tell you how many times I've hammered it through an intersection so I could make the light because I was paranoid the camera would ticket me...
Exactly. That or slam on your brakes and risk being rear ended.
Furthermore, someone drunk, passed out at the wheel, old as , not paying attention ect. are going to run the out of the light regardless of whether or not they know a camera is there, so I don't see how it could reduce more serious accidents at intersections...only an increase of fender benders.
Flip Flop is offline   Reply With Quote