MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 09-01-2015, 07:37 PM   #201
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA II View Post
Yeah, the video isn't perfect but it shows, pretty clearly:

Cruiser in lane two moving to lane one.
Bike to the left of cruiser.
Both vehicles traveling at equal rate of speed.
Cruiser moving left toward bike.
Bike moving left to avoid cruiser.
Cruiser maintaining leftward travel until the bike runs out of room and hits curb.
Cruiser suddenly veers right.

Don't know how that version could be contested. In the simplest terms, a car pushes a bike out of its way.
Like has been said several times, the cop had a responsibility to restore order in the face of mass hooliganism. Lights flashing, obviously making blocking manuvers.
The bike should NOT have been matching his speed along side nor should he have attempted to pass.
Yes the cop pinched him off. No doubt it was on purpose.
Why? Was it because he was a white cop that hates black riders?
Or might it have been that he was trying to force the bike to drop back behind him?

Nobody is aging that the cop didn't pinch his lane off, but you seem to be finding malicious intent where most everybody else sees a cop doing what he felt needed to be done.

Let's say the cop only drove in one lane ands just held there. How long do you suppose it would have been before there was just a cop car driving along and the bikes were all gone?
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Moto cop runs down girl then shoots father atexanone Off Topic 42 08-15-2012 05:01 PM
Austin Cop Runs Red Light And Hits 78 Year Old Motorcyclist ormand General Discussion (Moto Related) 55 07-03-2010 12:38 PM
Federal Cop guilty of Road rage! He runs a biker down! ScooterTrash Off Topic 3 04-14-2006 08:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 09-01-2015, 07:38 PM   #202
pinball
I got slow

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:

Cruiser maintaining leftward travel until the bike runs out of room and hits curb.

Don't know how that version could be contested. In the simplest terms, a car pushes a bike out of its way.
Simple...the video doesn't clearly show your version. You're seeing what you want to see. There is a bike between the camera and the rider that goes down ("downed bike," for simplicity), so you really can't see what he's doing. Since you can't see the downed bike in front of the bike blocking the view, it's a safe assumption that at that moment, the downed bike is maintaining pace and not accelerating. By the time you see the downed bike, the LEO is mostly, if not completely, in the far left lane. So...the LEO initiated his lane change before the downed bike accelerated in his attempt to make an illegal pass.

Poke around here for a bit and you'll find that I'll be one of the first to call out a LEO if I think they up.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 07:53 PM   #203
The -_-Asian
Axios!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2011 CBR 250R
04 CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to The -_-Asian Send a message via Skype™ to The -_-Asian
Quote:

They be this Thang called brakes. It slows you down to move outs the way the way of thangs coming at you. I'm not sure but, hang on a sec.... yea just got back from checking my bicycle, car, and motorcycles... most wheeled vehicles got em. I'm sure his ride did too.

It just as simple as paying attention to your surroundings like a good rider should.. especially with a passenger; or my preference is to not be apart of group of juvenile squids who think they're cool enough to break the law, wreak havoc, or endanger the public and not think there will be any repercussions.

Is it cool to do some stunts with your friends.? Sure go ahead in a safe place where there is no one else you could hurt. Same for racing or speeding.

What the happened to personal responsibility..? You can defend the alleged victim all you want. But you know he made his own decision.
The -_-Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 08:55 PM   #204
slim_grizzy

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2007 Triumph Daytona 675
2015 Ducati Scrambler UE
2009 Ducati Monster 696 (sold)

Quote:

Cruiser in lane two moving to lane one. Incorrect
Bike to the left of cruiser. Incorrect
Both vehicles traveling at equal rate of speed. Partially Correct
Cruiser moving left toward bike. Incorrect
Bike moving left to avoid cruiser. Incorrect
Cruiser maintaining leftward travel until the bike runs out of room and hits curb. Incorrect
Cruiser suddenly veers right. Correct

On the video that I linked with the slow motion, you can see that at 0:06 (the earliest point that the video is directly on the car) the cop is clearly entirely in the left lane. You can judge this by following the curve of the lane markers in the left lane, but also the middle lane where one rider is on the right side. The car is CLEARLY in the next lane over (the far left lane).

The bike doesn't lean left to pass until 0:10, 4 whole seconds later. The weave back to the right happens at 0:11. On the lean left the bike is still behind the car. By my estimate at least 4-6ft. You can tell by the height of the tires on the screen. Had they been even, the rear tire of the bike would have been at the same line horizontally from the cars rear tires, which it clearly is not. The other motorcycle behind the wrecked motorcycle is probably about 20ft behind the cop car at this point.

The rider might have been matching the cops speed up until he attempted to pass the car. So the biker changed his speed in relation to the car before the collision took place. However, he was still behind the car at that point so he should have braked instead of gassed.

The biker had a full 4 seconds before initiating the move around the car and yet he still attempted it. Not only that but he was probably sitting in a blind spot for a good 10 seconds before this part even started. This has stupid written all over it on the rider's part but I'm sure bumblebee had it right with his comment regarding being blinded.

But think of it this way, at least we agree on one thing. The cruiser veers right at the end. Which generally, points to the fact that he wasn't trying to hit him or run him off the road. Unfortunately that further discredits the notion of wanting to run him off the road or hit him.

But this is all to defend the actions of a cop doing his job in a reasonable manner and a chaotic environment. Had this cop been on a malicious endeavor and been hot-headed rage monster that you make him out to be, he was very well composed in front of the "gentleman" standing nose-to-nose with him threatening to beat him down. Had he been hot-headed, I would expect him to react a lot more aggressively to gain control of the situation with someone of that size threatening him physically at that range. NOTHING in this video shows anything remotely supporting the claims that you've made about malicious intent nor even reckless behavior.
slim_grizzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 09:11 PM   #205
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Like has been said several times, the cop had a responsibility to restore order in the face of mass hooliganism. Lights flashing, obviously making blocking manuvers.
The bike should NOT have been matching his speed along side nor should he have attempted to pass.
Yes the cop pinched him off. No doubt it was on purpose.
Why? Was it because he was a white cop that hates black riders?
Or might it have been that he was trying to force the bike to drop back behind him?

Nobody is aging that the cop didn't pinch his lane off, but you seem to be finding malicious intent where most everybody else sees a cop doing what he felt needed to be done.

Let's say the cop only drove in one lane ands just held there. How long do you suppose it would have been before there was just a cop car driving along and the bikes were all gone?
restore order mass hooliganism? so individual hooliganism is ok? give me a break. mind your own business
Old 09-01-2015, 09:14 PM   #206
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:

clearly.
Old 09-01-2015, 09:18 PM   #207
bumblebee

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
restore order mass hooliganism? so individual hooliganism is ok? give me a break. mind your own business
Ha ha ha, ok.
Yes SIR! Since you have commanded it, I will mind my own business from now on. Ha ha ha

Well, for the rest of tonite anyway. All bets are off for tomorrow.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
Old 09-01-2015, 09:54 PM   #208
kenup283

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
01 Bandit 1200

Member Garage

Traffic cops should be removed from streets altogether. There's nothing they can do to keep order that cameras can't do better.

Having police on the streets for traffic citations costs more money creates more confrontation and tension with the public and is dangerous for the officers and just not worth it when it can be done safer better and cheaper using technology.
Old 09-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #209
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenup283 View Post
Traffic cops should be removed from streets altogether. There's nothing they can do to keep order that cameras can't do better.

Having police on the streets for traffic citations costs more money creates more confrontation and tension with the public and is dangerous for the officers and just not worth it when it can be done safer better and cheaper using technology.
FTP
Old 09-01-2015, 10:23 PM   #210
The -_-Asian
Axios!

Experience: 7 years
Trackdays: 5

Bike(s):
2011 CBR 250R
04 CBR 600RR

Send a message via AIM to The -_-Asian Send a message via Skype™ to The -_-Asian
Well bumbs, i'm still up and bored... I agree with neither one of you guys on your points but applaud your research and commitment behind your respective views on the matter.

Mr. Kenup, what do you suppose would happen if even just "traffic cops" were pulled off the streets? Now I would love the opportunity to be a self policing community but I don't think it'll work very well. That's like saying, "anarchy!" Society has this condition called, "people be stupid". If a criminal knows there isn't going to be anyone to stop him, he'll break the law. Cameras? You are kidding me right? Just like law enforcers, they can't be everywhere. We're looking for prevention, not after the fact. You'd have to implant people with personal tracking and put camera's for every line of sight. Criminals are criminals for a reason. You're thinking, camera will catch the license plate. Again, criminals are criminals. Stolen plate, out of date registration, etc. Plenty of ways to break the law and get away with it if you just sit and think a while. That's what cops are for. To be a symbol of, "don't be stupid." Now it may not seem they're very effective, but if they were not around would be much worst.

Last edited by The -_-Asian; 09-01-2015 at 10:26 PM.
The -_-Asian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2015, 11:12 PM   #211
Mr.P
Driving Duh-Bus

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

TMAX, sorry bro. Just wrote you off as crazy. Love ya, but you are not just nuts on your scooter.

Its funny how tainted we are when we watch the same video. Our previous police encounters sway our vision to see what we want to see.

We all need to be vigilant to ensure freedoms prevail and tyranny oppressed. But in this case, goddam it. What part of cop car swerving with sirens on don't you hooligans get?
Old 09-01-2015, 11:25 PM   #212
pinball
I got slow

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
TMAX, sorry bro. Just wrote you off as crazy. Love ya, but you are not just nuts on your scooter.
Dumb.

Quote:
Its funny how tainted we are when we watch the same video. Our previous police encounters sway our vision to see what we want to see.
Not necessarily. I've only had one encounter with a LEO in well over a dozen with me being the recipient of a lashing. My disdain comes from 6 years of personally witnessing LEOs shirking their responsibilities and even longer watching LEOs walk off scott-free for things us mere mortals would do hard time for.

Quote:
We all need to be vigilant to ensure freedoms prevail and tyranny oppressed. But in this case, goddam it. What part of cop car swerving with sirens on don't you hooligans get?
Old 09-02-2015, 05:55 AM   #213
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
mind your own business
Thanks kettle
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 06:03 AM   #214
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:

that. I don't want my speed monitored autonomously. You think it's cheaper to monitor every road in Texas electronically?
Bevo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:17 AM   #215
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:

Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:27 AM   #216
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:

Dumb..
Old 09-02-2015, 07:57 AM   #217
bumblebee

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Next time there is a big protest, cars getting burned, businesses looted.
We'll send in a platoon of cameras to set things right.

Oh I know, you said traffic cops, but that's who would have responded first because, well, they're cops.
In the future I suppose we'll just have cops sitting around in a room waiting for the call in case the cameras can't handle it
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
Liked this post:
Old 09-02-2015, 08:03 AM   #218
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Next time there is a big protest, cars getting burned, businesses looted.
We'll send in a platoon of cameras to set things right.

Oh I know, you said traffic cops, but that's who would have responded first because, well, they're cops.
In the future I suppose we'll just have cops sitting around in a room waiting for the call in case the cameras can't handle it
Psssst....I think he was just trolling, there isn't many dumber than Tmax.
Old 09-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #219
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:

I'd like to see the data on this.

From what I've seen/heard, the traffic enforcement team is not as big as you think. The police presence you mainly see on the roads are officers in route to their area of patrol, or precinct station. IMO, the cameras do more harm than most. I can't tell you how many times I've hammered it through an intersection so I could make the light because I was paranoid the camera would ticket me...
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 09:29 AM   #220
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by slim_grizzy View Post
On the video that I linked with the slow motion, you can see that at 0:06 (the earliest point that the video is directly on the car) the cop is clearly entirely in the left lane. You can judge this by following the curve of the lane markers in the left lane, but also the middle lane where one rider is on the right side. The car is CLEARLY in the next lane over (the far left lane).

The bike doesn't lean left to pass until 0:10, 4 whole seconds later. The weave back to the right happens at 0:11. On the lean left the bike is still behind the car. By my estimate at least 4-6ft. You can tell by the height of the tires on the screen. Had they been even, the rear tire of the bike would have been at the same line horizontally from the cars rear tires, which it clearly is not. The other motorcycle behind the wrecked motorcycle is probably about 20ft behind the cop car at this point.

The rider might have been matching the cops speed up until he attempted to pass the car. So the biker changed his speed in relation to the car before the collision took place. However, he was still behind the car at that point so he should have braked instead of gassed.

The biker had a full 4 seconds before initiating the move around the car and yet he still attempted it. Not only that but he was probably sitting in a blind spot for a good 10 seconds before this part even started. This has stupid written all over it on the rider's part but I'm sure bumblebee had it right with his comment regarding being blinded.

But think of it this way, at least we agree on one thing. The cruiser veers right at the end. Which generally, points to the fact that he wasn't trying to hit him or run him off the road. Unfortunately that further discredits the notion of wanting to run him off the road or hit him.

But this is all to defend the actions of a cop doing his job in a reasonable manner and a chaotic environment. Had this cop been on a malicious endeavor and been hot-headed rage monster that you make him out to be, he was very well composed in front of the "gentleman" standing nose-to-nose with him threatening to beat him down. Had he been hot-headed, I would expect him to react a lot more aggressively to gain control of the situation with someone of that size threatening him physically at that range. NOTHING in this video shows anything remotely supporting the claims that you've made about malicious intent nor even reckless behavior.
I think most people here have only watched that video once and then made their conclusion off that one time view. I've watched it multiple times and every time I see it, I feel more stressed for the officer and respect him more for how well he maintained his composure. I'd like to see more footage of the aftermath and the ticketing process. When this goes to court... and I know it will, we will all know more about ourselves and the comments we have put out there concerning this matter
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote

Advertisement