Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|08-24-2015, 04:16 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Cadwell Park race one results
Round 8 of the 2015 British Superbike Championship sees McConnell score his first podium
MILWAUKEE Yamaha’s Josh Brookes has continued his winning streak at Cadwell Park this weekend for round eight of the British Superbike Championship.
Brookes took to the front of the pack to lead Luke Mossey, Peter Hickman, Tommy Bridewell and Danny Buchan. 22-year-old Buchan tried to make up ground, but crashed out at the top of the Mountain on lap eight.
Buchan’s crash brought out the Nissan GT-R safety car, but Brooke was ready to make a break when the race resumed. Billy McConnell took advantage of Buchan’s crash and the safety car to hit the top five after making a move on Bridewell at Coppice.
Hickman, Mossey, McConnell, Bridewell and Michael Laverty with Shane 'Shakey' Byrne also in close contention were left to scrap it out for the final podium positions as Brookes made some room to breathe at the front.
McConnell was fired up and on the penultimate lap he made a move on Mossey at Park corner, the move pushed the Quattro Plant Kawasaki rider wide and the Tyco BMWs took full advantage to move ahead too.
Bridewell then took McConnell in his sights and made a move at Coppice on the final lap to move third. The Australian wasn’t giving up without a fight and tried everything to reclaim that final podium position.
It came down to an incredible move from McConnell at the bottom of the Mountain to push himself back ahead of the Tyco BMW rider. Defending hard through the Woodlands section, McConnell claimed his first podium finish behind Brookes and Hickman.
Bridewell was forced to settle for fourth ahead of his Tyco BMW team-mate Laverty with Byrne climbing to sixth ahead of Mossey. Richard Cooper was the leading Buildbase BMW on his debut with the team ahead of Christian Iddon who battled into the top ten and Dan Linfoot on the Honda Racing Fireblade.
Race one results:
1. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha
2. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW +1.878
3. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW +3.557
4. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW +3.831
5. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +3.977
6. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki +4.128
7. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +5.999
8. Richard Cooper GBR Buildbase BMW +6.980
9. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki +6.582
10. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +7.656
11. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki +7.002
12. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +7.145
13. James Westmoreland GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +10.345
14. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW +10.951
15. Howie Mainwaring Smart GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +11.753
16. John Hopkins USA Lloyds British Moto Rapido +13.579
17. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki +16.905
18. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +20.085
19. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +26.138
20. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +39.705
21. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha +1:03.759
22. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +1:03.820
23. Rhalf Lo Turco BRZ SBK City Kawasaki +1m 14.437
24. John Ingram GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki +3 laps
DNF. Jed Metcher AUS PR Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Danny Buchan GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki
DNF. Chris Walker GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki
BSB 2014: Cadwell Park race two results
BSB 2014: Cadwell Park race one results
BSB 2014: Donington Park race 2 results
BSB 2014: Donington Park race 1 results
BSB 2015: Donington Park race one results