MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-24-2015, 01:33 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

New kit Prexport Street

Casual look serious protection

New kit Prexport Street

New kit Prexport Street

New kit Prexport Street

When nipping out to the shops or meeting up with mates for a swift shandy it can be all to easy to forgo a proper pair of motorycle boots and the protection that comes with them for some comfier footwear. Tut tut.

But now I can have guilt-free rides about town with this pair of Prexport Street. Styled to look like a high-top sneaker, these full-grain leather trainers offer discreet protection for motorcycle and scooter riders.

Despite the laces (these were also supplied with a pair of neon yellow laces) the Prexport Street are actually fastened by an inside zip, the only real tell-tale sign that these aren't your average trainers. And that zip closure, combined with a pull tab at the rear, means the shoes don't just feel secure. They're also quick and easy to put on too.

The insole is reinforced with a steel blade and both the toe and heel areas feature composite protectors, so they should stand up to plenty of upshifts.

Additional safety comes via padded ankle sections and the reflective pull tab and heel detailing at the rear of the shoes.

The shoes are trainer-comfy straight out of the box. They're a little firmer than standard shoes but that simply helps reinforce the protection on offer. I certainly appreciated not having that flimsy feeling on footpegs that you get with a standard pair of trainers.

With this being a British summer I've already been caught out in a few showers. Whilst my jeans have soaked through, my feet have remained dry. And for those hotter days, the fully breathable Airtex membrane promises to keep your feet cool and dry.

Obviously these are no match for protection when you compare the Prexport Street against a proper pair of motorcycle boots. But if you're not planning on wearing boots in the first place, these will be be a lot kinder to your feet than some old Nikes or similar.

Price: £99
Sizes: UK 7 - 12
Finishes: Grey / Vintage Brown
Find out more at The Key Collection

Related Content

Prexport boots re-enter UK
New: Alpinestars Joey Waterproof shoes
Showcase: Sub-150 sporty summer boots
New: Alpinestars Toucan Gore-Tex boot
Learning to ride a motorcycle: The right kit

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote