Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2015, 10:50 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Texans Vrabel sees improved attitude in Clowney

Last year's top overall selection in the draft, Jadeveon Clowney went through his first practice of training camp on Monday morning. Four practices later, Clowney appears to be making progress.

More importantly, there have been no indications of any setbacks for the linebacker, who underwent microfracture surgery on his right knee in December 2014.

His linebackers coach with the Houston Texans, Mike Vrabel, has seen one thing from Clowney that he certainly likes over the last few days - the youngster's demeanor.

“I think the one thing I’ve noticed is his attitude is better, his attitude is much better, and I know that last year, he was frustrated, because he got hurt," Vrabel said.

"I mean, you get hurt in this league as a young player, it’s hard to handle. You’ve never really been injured, but everybody gets hurt in this sport," Vrabel added.

"I think he’s starting to realize that he’s going to have to play with a little bit of discomfort, he’s going to be sore, for the rest of his career." 

"That’s how it goes in the National Football League," Vrabel, the 14-year NFL veteran, continued. "He’s seeing those things, and I think he’s getting some advice from his teammates and is trying to come out here with a great attitude.”

Clowney met with the media after his first practice on Monday and said Vrabel has helped him tremendously over the last season and a half and that Vrabel was the smartest coach the second-year player's ever had.

“Well, he hasn’t been around that many coaches," Vrabel responded. "You know, I appreciate that from JD. He’s out here working, and trying to back, get his confidence back, get out here on the practice field and start working him into the games.

He’s got a schedule that we’re trying to follow with the trainers and with his doctor. When they tell me he can do more, we’ll put him in more.”

No word on when he'll be ready to begin working through more of the team-related drills in practice, and no official word on Clowney's status for Saturday night in preseason game number two against Denver, though it is highly unlikely he will be taking snaps in a game just yet.

clowney jpg

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote