Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2015, 06:40 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Pearland Little League prepares for opening day of World Series

As Little League crews prepare Lamade Stadium for Thursday's World Series opening day and games, parents and players spend the day at practice and just taking a look around Williamsport.

But they also have been bonding with some of the other teams from around the world.

“We've been talking with other teams, playing with other teams, ping pong mostly,” said Pearland player, Carter Ostrom.

Ostrom and his family are taking in all the sights and sounds before things really crank up Thursday.

Meanwhile, as the kids are focused up here in Williamsport, they all smiled when they heard Houston Texan, JJ Watt gave them a shoutout after practice Wednesday morning.

“We'll be watching. It's a lot of fun, I know that Pearland was in it last year so it's cool to have another Pearland team in it this year. It's Texas, so go out and do their thing,” said Watt.

While the kids are pumped to be in the Little League World Series, their moms and dads are just thrilled to be here.

Lisa Mack's son is on the team from Pearland.

“It's just surreal. I mean, you see the pictures, you watch it on TV but you have no idea until you get here. I have goosebumps, I can't wait for the first game,” explained Mack.

A parade was held Wednesday that kicked off all of the events this week.

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote