MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Reply
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2015, 10:02 AM   #121
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
That's the whole point I am trying to make here.
It's so blatantly obvious that they are taking my 33 dollars and doing absolutely no service for me in return that it is ridiculous.
Too bad they don't have unique rules for Shelnutt, but then most folks that don't ride don't pay for an "M" endorsement.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drivers License lookup morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 07-25-2011 01:12 PM
check your drivers license Homebrew Off Topic 8 03-29-2007 10:12 AM
Drivers License Pictures ArturoC Off Topic 1 12-21-2006 10:57 PM
Do you have a drivers license? arturo3rd General Discussion (Moto Related) 65 11-29-2006 03:21 AM
Drivers License... 100f General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-10-2006 09:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #122
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,504

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Too bad they don't have unique rules for Shelnutt, but then most folks that don't ride don't pay for an "M" endorsement.
Did I ever say paying for the M renewel was the problem? The problem is #1, I shouldn't have to pay for any of it and #2, Their website is intentionally geared toward not letting you know what the total is until they run your card.
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:06 AM   #123
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
picketing in front of the DPS office
You did no such thing. Most folks aren't as delusional as you, the ones that are actually picket
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:08 AM   #124
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,504

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
You did no such thing. Most folks aren't as delusional as you, the ones that are actually picket
I wouldn't personally be picketing, but if everyone in the state would get on board with how much they are being over, surely some would be motivated enough to do so.
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:08 AM   #125
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
Did I ever say paying for the M renewel was the problem? The problem is #1, I shouldn't have to pay for any of it and #2, Their website is intentionally geared toward not letting you know what the total is until they run your card.
Did you call, complain, and tell them you don't want the "M" endorsement and request a $8 refund?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #126
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,504

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Did you call, complain, and tell them you don't want the "M" endorsement and request a $8 refund?
Why would I do that when I actually want to keep the M endorsement?
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:09 AM   #127
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
I wouldn't personally be picketing, but if everyone in the state would get on board with how much they are being over, surely some would be motivated enough to do so.
I think you should be the picket leader. Let it start with you
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #128
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
Why would I do that when I actually want to keep the M endorsement?
Then you paid for what you wanted. No one forced you keep a valid license. You chose to follow the law. Had you done your due diligence you would have known the fees to renew your license. It's not like you don't have the time to around on the web
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #129
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,683

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
That's the whole point I am trying to make here.
It's so blatantly obvious that they are taking my 33 dollars and doing absolutely no service for me in return that it is ridiculous.
The service is there, you choose not to see it. Same with any license..
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #130
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,504

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
It's not like you don't have the time to around on the web

I do what I want on the web bro. That's another issue I don't like being forced to do anything on account of someone else...which IMO is what they are doing when they say "if you don't do this and continue to do that, we could throw you in jail, so give us your money."

Seeing how there's not many options for being a functional member of society if you can't drive, I don't see it as optional for most folks.
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-19-2015, 10:16 AM   #131
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,504

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
The service is there, you choose not to see it. Same with any license..
If it were every 12 years and I had to go in for more testing, they would be doing a public service...but there's no way in they are doing anything with the renewals at the six year mark, other than fattening up their agency.
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #132
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post

I do what I want on the web bro. That's another issue I don't like being forced to do anything on account of someone else...which IMO is what they are doing when they say "if you don't do this and continue to do that, we could throw you in jail, so give us your money."

Seeing how there's not many options for being a functional member of society if you can't drive, I don't see it as optional for most folks.
Really, did you want to pay $33? Live and work on a public transportation route
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:20 AM   #133
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,504

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post
Live and work on a public transportation route
I said functional member of society
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:21 AM   #134
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,683

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
If it were every 12 years and I had to go in for more testing, they would be doing a public service...but there's no way in they are doing anything with the renewals at the six year mark, other than fattening up their agency.
Making sure you have all the requirements to drive in texas is a service to us all. How do you think that system is paid for?
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-19-2015, 10:38 AM   #135
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,504

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Making sure you have all the requirements to drive in texas is a service to us all. How do you think that system is paid for?
A combination of registration/tag fees, tickets, vehicle sales tax, the fees you already paid to get the license to begin with, as well as renewel fees for when someone ACTUALLY NEEDS to be tested again.

By taking my 33 bucks and verifying insurance/outstanding tickets that I may have does me NO service.
I could give a flying if someone has paid up on their tickets, so how is that a service to me?
Checking current insurance requirements? That's a joke too. No one in their right mind doesn't carry uninsured motorist around here(shows you how effective their renewal checks they are apparently doing are)...so what service are they really providing, other than making me foot the bill for their efforts to collect unpaid monies?
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:41 AM   #136
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
A combination of registration/tag fees, tickets, vehicle sales tax, the fees you already paid to get the license to begin with, as well as renewel fees for when someone ACTUALLY NEEDS to be tested again.

By taking my 33 bucks and verifying insurance/outstanding tickets that I may have does me NO service.
I could give a flying if someone has paid up on their tickets, so how is that a service to me?
Checking current insurance requirements? That's a joke too. No one in their right mind doesn't carry uninsured motorist around here(shows you how effective their renewal checks they are apparently doing are)...so what service are they really providing, other than making me foot the bill for their efforts to collect unpaid monies?
They're doing Native Texans a service just by irritating the out of you and taking your money with "surprise" fees
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:51 AM   #137
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister
 
Flip Flop's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 10,504

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)








Right because when there is no valid argument left "you suck because I'm native and you aren't"

Using that logic, you suck because you're not Mexican.
Flip Flop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:57 AM   #138
VicTOEmizer
GUEST
 
VicTOEmizer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: seabrook tx
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 14,683

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)






Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
A combination of registration/tag fees, tickets, vehicle sales tax, the fees you already paid to get the license to begin with, as well as renewel fees for when someone ACTUALLY NEEDS to be tested again.

By taking my 33 bucks and verifying insurance/outstanding tickets that I may have does me NO service.
I could give a flying if someone has paid up on their tickets, so how is that a service to me?
Checking current insurance requirements? That's a joke too. No one in their right mind doesn't carry uninsured motorist around here(shows you how effective their renewal checks they are apparently doing are)...so what service are they really providing, other than making me foot the bill for their efforts to collect unpaid monies?
Instead of whining about everything, how about you give us a viable solution. How do you propose we make sure everyone with a license abide by the law without putting the burden on the tax payers. You see how Arizona does it. Would you rather have that?
__________________
KEEP YOUR PRIVATE OFF THE INTERNET FOLKS!
VicTOEmizer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:59 AM   #139
Bevo
Hook 'em!
 
Bevo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Houston-The South Loop
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 24,295

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
Right because when there is no valid argument left "you suck because I'm native and you aren't"

Using that logic, you suck because you're not Mexican.
Uh, the Battle of San Jacinto?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
"I lack skillz"
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 11:00 AM   #140
Chris_5.0
HalfFast
 
Chris_5.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Katy
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 12,385

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
1999 zx-9r
2005 gsxr 600
xr50r speed demond




good lord
__________________
info@halffastgroup.com
Chris_5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Reply


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:52 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy