MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2015, 04:16 PM   #81
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Shelly, the problem with your complaint is that the standard driver going through renewal WILL only pay $25. The only reason you're paying $8 is for your extra endorsement. Yeah, their website should probably reflect somewhere (which it does) that you're charged an extra fee for extra endorsements and restrictions (CDL, driver interlock, etc.), or give you an option to drop your M endorsement. I can see where as a non-rider you would object to having to continue paying for an endorsement that you're not using.
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Drivers License lookup morvegil General Discussion (Moto Related) 5 07-25-2011 01:12 PM
check your drivers license Homebrew Off Topic 8 03-29-2007 10:12 AM
Drivers License Pictures ArturoC Off Topic 1 12-21-2006 10:57 PM
Do you have a drivers license? arturo3rd General Discussion (Moto Related) 65 11-29-2006 03:21 AM
Drivers License... 100f General Discussion (Moto Related) 15 09-10-2006 09:32 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2015, 07:00 AM   #82
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray
'10 CBR1000RR (destroyed)
'09 CBR1000RR C-ABS (sold)
'09 CBR600RR C-ABS (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA II View Post
It's strong evidence of the brainwashing of the populace that so many people will say, "meh, it's only $8, no big deal."

The deal is that the government, in providing services that only they can provide, take the most egotistical, holier-than-thou approach to dealing with the public at large and there's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

The comparison with performance of a private sector entity is perfectly apt - we're talking about beauracratic customer service and the wholly inept way in which the government approaches it - solely because you have no other option - and the administrators of these organizations are just so smug with their "what are you gonna do about it" smile while they put up hoop after hoop for you to jump through and charge service charges on top of their convenience fees for their administrative costs.

It's a racket and an insult to the very people whose taxes provide for it and allow it to go on.

So "M" endorsement should be free?
Bevo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:23 AM   #83
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2006 SV650S(sold)(happy now?)
Toes Ducati Multistrada(what now buck?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bevo View Post

So "M" endorsement should be free?
For renewals, why not? While we are at it, the regular license renewals should be free too.
What is the purpose of renewals, other than to suck more money out of citizens who already pay way too many taxes?
Flip Flop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 07:37 AM   #84
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shelnutt View Post
For renewals, why not? While we are at it, the regular license renewals should be free too.
What is the purpose of renewals, other than to suck more money out of citizens who already pay way too many taxes?
The purpose is to keep cheap out-of-state bastards from living in Texas. Apparently it's only accomplished more whining

Texas should impose an income tax for non-natives.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:41 AM   #85
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
The purpose is to keep cheap out-of-state bastards from living in Texas. Apparently it's only accomplished more whining

Texas should impose an income tax for non-natives.
Actually I left Florida because theirs was more expensive, to take advantage of the cheap living around here with the rest of the lowlives.

Again you keep making this a FL VS TX thing, when in fact it is a citizen VS government thing.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:47 AM   #86
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
Actually I left Florida because theirs was more expensive, to take advantage of the cheap living around here with the rest of the lowlives.

Again you keep making this a FL VS TX thing, when in fact it is a citizen VS government thing.
I want drivers to be licensed. I want the folks that handle the licencing to be paid a salary. I want licenses to be renewed because humans go through physical and mental changes during their lifetime that could affect their ability to operate a motor vehicle. Apparently the government is working for me
Old 08-19-2015, 07:48 AM   #87
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
I want licenses to be renewed because humans go through physical and mental changes during their lifetime that could affect their ability to operate a motor vehicle. Apparently the government is working for me
They aren't doing but taking your money. You've been scammed and brainwashed, bro.
I could be crazy as and blind, but they would never know...because all they did was collect my 33 dollars over the internet, right? SO what exactly did I pay them for?
Old 08-19-2015, 07:53 AM   #88
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
They aren't doing but taking your money. You've been scammed and brainwashed, bro.
I could be crazy as and blind, but they would never know...because all they did was collect my 33 dollars over the internet, right? SO what exactly did I pay them for?
You'll not always be able to renew online. You understand that, right? You also understand that the fees you paid support the employees, materials, and facilities necessary to license drivers.

They just took your money for a license that you don't need or want. That's all on you.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:14 AM   #89
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
You probably don't remember this, but we used to have to stand in a long line to get a renewal. The online renewal reduced the wait at the DMV. The online renewal also helped out the urges to choke the out of Danisha that took her sweet as time doing a very remedial job. The thing is, the fees aren't that much and it all goes to making sure Julio is a legal driver, or granny is fit to drive. The buildings, Ac, saleries, and the computer network they have to have to keep it all straight costs money. You don't have to drive Shelly. Grab a bike and join Ivan in his crusade. Let me ask you something shelly. Who do you think should pay for all this? Do you think it should be a free for all? insurance (that database is also paid for by the state) and let everyone do what they want without penalty?
Old 08-19-2015, 08:15 AM   #90
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
You'll not always be able to renew online. You understand that, right? You also understand that the fees you paid support the employees, materials, and facilities necessary to license drivers.
So why did I have to renew at all this time? Only logical explanation is more money for the fat, lazy, openly rude, liberal behind the counter that would otherwise be milking out unemployment.

I already paid for a license the first time, I pay registration, sales tax, tag fees, title fees, tickets, ect...how much money do these need to operate?
Charging a "renewal fee" when they aren't even requiring me to come in and nothing has changed(even if it had, they don't verify anything)...so why the should I have to pay a renewal fee? Did it ever occur to you that maybe their organization is too large? Perhaps if they trimmed back on fat lazy behind the counter, everyone would only have to renew every twelve years, when there actually is a valid excuse to come into the office and take a vision test, ect...
Old 08-19-2015, 08:29 AM   #91
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Let me ask you something shelly. Who do you think should pay for all this? Do you think it should be a free for all? insurance (that database is also paid for by the state) and let everyone do what they want without penalty?
No what I think is that requiring me to renew, when they aren't requiring me to take any additional testing to prove I am fit to drive, is a waste of my time and tax money.
If granny needs a new vision test, that's fine charge her for it. If you need to spend money making sure Julio is a citizen charge his extra for that.
But trying to justify a "renewal fee" when all they are doing is collecting my money is a crock of .
Liked this post:
Old 08-19-2015, 08:33 AM   #92
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
So why did I have to renew at all this time? Only logical explanation is more money for the fat, lazy, openly rude, liberal behind the counter that would otherwise be milking out unemployment.

I already paid for a license the first time, I pay registration, sales tax, tag fees, title fees, tickets, ect...how much money do these need to operate?
Charging a "renewal fee" when they aren't even requiring me to come in and nothing has changed(even if it had, they don't verify anything)...so why the should I have to pay a renewal fee? Did it ever occur to you that maybe their organization is too large? Perhaps if they trimmed back on fat lazy behind the counter, everyone would only have to renew every twelve years, when there actually is a valid excuse to come into the office and take a vision test, ect...
Too large? Next time you have to renew in person don't reserve a spot online and let us know how long your have to wait.

How far do you think your $33 goes? State employees eat everyday just like you. Maybe you'd be happier to have your income taxed by the state. Maybe you'd be happier if you just got the out.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:36 AM   #93
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

I'll gladly pay a couple bucks a year to have the services we have. The renewal is to make sure you are still current on the requirements set forth to be a legal driver. You don't like it get with Ivan for info on public transportation, a bicycle, and some good taco spots.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:48 AM   #94
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
Too large? Next time you have to renew in person don't reserve a spot online and let us know how long your have to wait.

Gee let's see...if they didn't have people showing up for a bunch of useless , like renewals for no other reason than to give them 33 dollars, the lines would be about half as long right?
Do you know what they would do at that point? Cut the building size in half, because they don't give a about you, or your time. It's all about the money for the fat, rude, lazy behind the counter.

Quote:
How far do you think your $33 goes? State employees eat everyday just like you.
What about the 70 a year for registration that requires nothing other than me entering my card info into the computer and them sending me a piece of paper?
How about the thousands of tax dollars I have paid on vehicles over the years?
Tag fees?
BS tickets?

33 bucks is a drop in the bucket, but it's a drop I shouldn't have to pay on top of the thousands I already give them. Enough is enough.

Also when you times 33 bucks by the 27 million people living in Texas, I'd say it goes pretty far.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:49 AM   #95
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
I'll gladly pay a couple bucks a year to have the services we have. The renewal is to make sure you are still current on the requirements set forth to be a legal driver.
So in this instance what effort did they make to verify that I'm current on my requirements to be a driver?

What you're saying sounds good, only they are hitting you up for money and not verifying .
I'd say it's a double form of taxation, but when you factor in all their other BS, it's pretty much quintuple form of taxation.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:58 AM   #96
Bevo
Hook 'em!

Bike(s):
'12 CBR1000RR Red/Black
'14 CB1000R Matte Gray

Member Garage

Quote:
So in this instance what effort did they make to verify that I'm current on my requirements to be a driver?

What you're saying sounds good, only they are hitting you up for money and not verifying .
I'd say it's a double form of taxation, but when you factor in all their other BS, it's pretty much quintuple form of taxation.
They are verifying your address and that you had $33.

The entire population of Texas neither drives nor pays taxes. How much does it cost just to maintain and build roads? That grass doesn't mow itself.

You should find a state that treats you better. Buh bye

Last edited by Bevo; 08-19-2015 at 09:00 AM.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:13 AM   #97
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:

They do. Do you have your new license yet? If you don't have all the requirements, they will be sending you a letter instead of your new license. Hope you insurance and no unpaid tickets or you won't be getting g for your $30.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:15 AM   #98
pigfarmer
Banned

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-19-2015, 09:21 AM   #99
Flip Flop
Ordained Minister

Bike(s):

Quote:
They do. Do you have your new license yet? If you don't have all the requirements, they will be sending you a letter instead of your new license. Hope you insurance and no unpaid tickets or you won't be getting g for your $30.
Really, so it costs them 33 dollars to find out if I have unpaid tickets and insurance? I'm pretty sure if they are paying a person to check on that, they could replace them with a computer program
Can you explain how it costs them 25 dollars to check on that with a car and only 8 dollars for a motorcycle?
Old 08-19-2015, 09:22 AM   #100
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
Strange how Arizona has roads, DMV's buildings, employees, but no drivers license renewal. How do they pay for it Bevo? You sending Arizona money so they can keep their jobs?
They absolutely have a renewal. License is good for 5 yrs and there is no online renewal. You have to go wait in line. Arizona doesn't even come close to the infrastructure we have. Try again...

Advertisement