MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-21-2015, 04:12 PM   #101
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
Wait nah don't leave us hanging getcthat off your chest brother.
Well first I think its odd to show up, with no radiator issues and them tell me my is leaking everywhere 3 hours later.

Went there a few times, first was for ac and it went fine.

Then there was a heater core change and a tune up, new thermo etc...only the tune up didn't happen.

Left, happy Id have a heater in the winter. Drove home and it didn't get hot.

The thermostat was stuck they said, but the previous owner told me he took it out. I've changed a few thermos and never had a new one malfunction. They are fairly simple. So my gamble is it also was not changed (one installed).

They changed/added the thermostat later, and I had heat again. It wasn't later when my new cat went out that I found out there had likely been no tune up.

Now, at this point I was already to sell the truck so thats how it ended. Needed new tires, another new cat, and a tune up. truck wasnt worth that much...and the seat sucked.
urbanXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for a place to have a tire mounted and balanced... spyderryder General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 04-08-2010 09:12 PM
Great place to have tires mounted? kevinistre General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 09-09-2009 09:19 AM
Cheapest Place To Get H.I.D's yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 02-17-2009 04:02 PM
Where is a good place in the S.E to get tires mounted? ZXALAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 07-06-2007 10:29 AM
place to get tires mounted mr.haterz General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-29-2006 03:13 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-21-2015, 04:17 PM   #102
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
Well first I think its odd to show up, with no radiator issues and them tell me my is leaking everywhere 3 hours later.

Went there a few times, first was for ac and it went fine.

Then there was a heater core change and a tune up, new thermo etc...only the tune up didn't happen.

Left, happy Id have a heater in the winter. Drove home and it didn't get hot.

The thermostat was stuck they said, but the previous owner told me he took it out. I've changed a few thermos and never had a new one malfunction. They are fairly simple. So my gamble is it also was not changed (one installed).

They changed/added the thermostat later, and I had heat again. It wasn't later when my new cat went out that I found out there had likely been no tune up.

Now, at this point I was already to sell the truck so thats how it ended. Needed new tires, another new cat, and a tune up. truck wasnt worth that much...and the seat sucked.
:/what shop is this?

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:28 PM   #103
40acres

Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)

Quote:
:/what shop is this?
Channeling my inner Toe...

http://www.theshopinalvin.com/
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #104
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acres View Post
Channeling my inner Toe...

http://www.theshopinalvin.com/

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 04:43 PM   #105
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofpaint View Post

Thank you. It's hard sleeping at night to be honest with you working on bikes because some people are impossible to work with and most have no patience being that bikes are toys more than transportation. That's the main reason why we don't take in too many bikes anymore for service. I usually would refer them to Patrick (Motorcycles Unlimited) or Chris Romeo. I try my best to have me and my guys keep all our customers happy. When we make mistakes, we always appreciate an opportunity to make things right, and we try our best.

Again, apologies if we caused any inconvenience to you. Have a great weekend.
speak for yourself homie. thx for everytjing else!
Old 08-21-2015, 04:59 PM   #106
BuckNut
Banned

Bike(s):
Huffy
None
None
None

User is banned

BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 06:00 PM   #107
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuckNut View Post
Sucks to see someone whom has went above and beyond to personally help sort a bike get blasted on a the interweb.
Yes it does.
Patrick and Motorcycles Unlimited have been awesome to me.

For anybody that has read this thread so far and doesn't know me, I'll give you a little history.
I used to be the service manager at Texas Yamaha South. I've seen how motorcycle shops can be run. Tex Yam was a good shop, did things the right way and I assume they have continued that way. My association with the shop was a long time ago, but the family that runs that empire were decent folks.
I've bought a few bikes from them since and would not hesitate to go back.
The point I'm making is I know how the business is.

Patrick has always been honest and upfront with me. His guys have done good work on my bikes and he has always given me price and service worth driving from Pearland to get.
There are plenty of good shops around and I know most of them. I wouldn't drive past them on my way to Motorcycles Unlimited if I wasn't certain I would be treated fairly.

He has gone waay above and beyond for me on a couple of occasions but he asked me not to post it on here. I don't know why, I guess he didn't want to it to seem like he put me up to it or something.

Just thought I'd put it out there after the blast he's gotten that he's good people and runs a good shop. There will always be unsatisfied customers but remember to take what they say with a grain of salt.
It's easy to skew things to sound different than they were, not saying anyone is being untruthful, but opinions can make facts sound how they want. It's also easy for misunderstandings to be confused with malice and incompetence.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 07:53 AM   #108
atvmxr

Bike(s):
2001 Vulcan 800
CR125
LT500R
TRX250r
ATC350X

So the beef with Motorcycles Unlimited is how he treats his potential competitors, not how he treats customers or his services...

Seems like obvious business 101 to me. The same could be said for my company, we do all we can for customers. Our competitors... F them.
atvmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:33 AM   #109
40acres

Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvmxr View Post
So the beef with Motorcycles Unlimited is how he treats his potential competitors, not how he treats customers or his services...

Seems like obvious business 101 to me. The same could be said for my company, we do all we can for customers. Our competitors... F them.
I doubt you all go out of your way to sabatoge their operations or completely shut them down.
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:51 AM   #110
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by 40acres View Post
I doubt you all go out of your way to sabatoge their operations or completely shut them down.
I would think most businesses would if they could. Not destroying your competition, if you had the chance, would be negligent.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:57 AM   #111
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

For the record, I've never called anyone concerning anything about Paniro/Charles.
New businesses/competitors will be endless. The best thing I can do is pay attention to what I'm doing. Sure, I may temporarily see a small decline in sales whenever the next new guy comes around and starts selling stuff at cost, but I've learned; they won't be in business long at that rate.
It's simple economics.
No vendor is going to shut someone down because another shop calls them in. There has to be some substantiation to the claim, and most vendors want to sell as much product as they can. LP in particular will sell to almost anyone. I had an account when I was in my 20's buying stuff for me and my friends. (Well until the owner of Cycle Center got wind of it and shut me down.)
If they cut you off it was due to someone with a LOT more clout than a little independent like myself, or you weren't a legitimate business; normal hours, actual store front, etc. it's that simple.

Furthermore, I KNOW what it's like to be on the receiving end of being reported. I've had it happen to me, and I'll give you a couple of examples:
We were a big promoter of Scorpion about 8-9 years ago.
For a small shop we sold quite a bit. Apparently that upset a larger dealer in this region.
I received a phone call from Scorpion wanting us to re-verify our dealer info: pics of the shop, dealer info, DBA etc.
At the same time I received a warning about advertising Scorpion on MH for less then MAP.
3-4 month later I did my normal 12 days of Christmas sale I used to do.
The person posting that up for me was unaware of the Scorpion thing, and posted Scorpion up for 15% off.
The post was made first thing in the a.m., by noon I received a phone call from Scorpion telling me they had seen my post and were yanking me as a reseller.
When I asked if it was normal for a national company to monitor a small local forum, my rep, who was sympathetic to my situation, admitted that a much larger local dealer had reported me.
I had a similar situation with Arai, although I just was suspended for a month.
So, I know what it's like to be on that side of things as well as to be a target for some up and coming shops, it's all part of the game.

Here's the drill though, I didn't follow MAP policy, so I got pinged. That's the rules of the game set by the MFR's/distributors, it is what it is, deal with it.

I've got a good relationship with multiple shops here in town, including Tony @ HOP.
Anyone who puts their on the line and tries to start a legitimate business has respect from me, I know what it's like.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com

Last edited by Patrick; 08-22-2015 at 09:02 PM.
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-22-2015, 09:13 AM   #112
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #113
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Wow

all this from the "cheapest place to get a tire change"

In my Garage

attachmentphp?attachmentid50601&ampstc1&ampd1321449778
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #114
False

Pushing my luck on the ban hammer, what about a stickied thread with a list of shops and their prices. Then have an airing of grievances in the thread about how all of the shops are horrible and will make our bike explode?
False is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 01:19 PM   #115
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtistMarty View Post
Wow

all this from the "cheapest place to get a tire change"

In my Garage

attachmentphp?attachmentid50601&ampstc1&ampd1321449778
u didnt know my thread would cause this much commotion

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 08:48 PM   #116
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Quote:
Regardless I still respect both these dudes for getting of the ground what I never could.I can't say that I would never go back to hop if I was closer.
Can you not just produce whatever documents you need to produce and buy in to be a dealer with Parts Unlimited, Lockhart Phillips or whatever that other one is that sells Arai? I don't understand how someone can stop you from being a legit dealer?
cdill35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2015, 11:54 PM   #117
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7cain View Post
Well done gentlemen, well done.
Shut up. No one is talking to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:01 AM   #118
pester
Black olives matter

Feedback Rating: (12)

Bike(s):
2007 yamaha fz6
1998 yamaha wr 400 motard

Member Garage

And i always thought i was the one everyone hated

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1sickGixxer View Post
nevermind ima bumbass and ill get my wife 2 do it 2nite.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tonyt915 View Post
I know enough Spanish to stick you with a knife cabron
pester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:31 AM   #119
rrozell

Bike(s):
L3 GSX R600

Wonder who was the big Scorpion seller? I only ask bc I went all over town and I would not consider any shop I went to as a big seller. It was hit and miss, then when someone had them they only had one or 2 styles. Ended up just ordering from scorpion since I knew my helmet size (all I wear is scorpion lids). I tried to support the local sellers but inventory was almost comical. 2wheeledtoyz had the most but I doubt they were the big competitor that caused this.
Old 08-23-2015, 07:38 AM   #120
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Quote:
Originally Posted by rrozell View Post
Wonder who was the big Scorpion seller? I only ask bc I went all over town and I would not consider any shop I went to as a big seller. It was hit and miss, then when someone had them they only had one or 2 styles. Ended up just ordering from scorpion since I knew my helmet size (all I wear is scorpion lids). I tried to support the local sellers but inventory was almost comical. 2wheeledtoyz had the most but I doubt they were the big competitor that caused this.
This was long before 2 Wheel Toyz was a business.
To be honest, I don't care who it was, because it doesn't matter.
Like I previously posted, it was listed below MAP, it was our fault for posting it and we paid the consequence. Part of the game.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement