MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-18-2015, 09:12 PM   #41
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

First off i want to thank everyone who offered to help or let me use the tire machine and balancer, i can never thank everyone of you enough

I am always here to help you fellas with anything you may need just shoot me a pm or text, call me and ill be there as soon as i can . This is what makes mh such a great place, everyones always hospitable and quick to help

I was lucky enough to find a tire shop on pasadena blvd. called alonsos tire shop who swapped it out for $15 and was extra careful to not scratch the wheel , i left there and stopped by almeda cycle gear where franky the manager balanced it and took care of me

Installed back on the bike and test rode it around the block and shes back to good as new

And for the record this was all on my way home

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
looking for a place to have a tire mounted and balanced... spyderryder General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 04-08-2010 09:12 PM
Great place to have tires mounted? kevinistre General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 09-09-2009 09:19 AM
Cheapest Place To Get H.I.D's yellowjacket General Discussion (Moto Related) 16 02-17-2009 04:02 PM
Where is a good place in the S.E to get tires mounted? ZXALAN General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 07-06-2007 10:29 AM
place to get tires mounted mr.haterz General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 10-29-2006 03:13 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-19-2015, 06:40 AM   #42
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
First off i want to thank everyone who offered to help or let me use the tire machine and balancer, i can never thank everyone of you enough

I am always here to help you fellas with anything you may need just shoot me a pm or text, call me and ill be there as soon as i can . This is what makes mh such a great place, everyones always hospitable and quick to help

I was lucky enough to find a tire shop on pasadena blvd. called alonsos tire shop who swapped it out for $15 and was extra careful to not scratch the wheel , i left there and stopped by almeda cycle gear where franky the manager balanced it and took care of me

Installed back on the bike and test rode it around the block and shes back to good as new

And for the record this was all on my way home
Pm me and I'll tell you where not to go.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:28 AM   #43
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
Pm me and I'll tell you where not to go.
You should post the place for everyone to see... no need for anyone else to get screwed or taken for
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 09:45 AM   #44
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Ernesto, you are a welder, no reason why you can't build a mounting and balancing system and save yourself time and money. I used to mount my own tires and balance them. It isn't hard at all.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:49 AM   #45
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
Ernesto, you are a welder, no reason why you can't build a mounting and balancing system and save yourself time and money. I used to mount my own tires and balance them. It isn't hard at all.
I dont have a welding machine at home otherwise i could build that and alot more , plus no truck to carry or haul material in. Im working towards a welding rig but the money isnt adding up fast enough

Old 08-19-2015, 09:56 AM   #46
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

it man. You know SSS will rough cut it to fit in your trunk/truck/trailer? I had to have them cut them down to fit in my trailer. It was only 8 foot long. I built my trailer, my fence and tons of other things. Compressor rack in my truck etc...
Old 08-19-2015, 10:04 AM   #47
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

motorcycles unlimited. Yes, I said it and I'll say it again. Oh, fk the moderator (probably Patrick) who erased the posts.

Posts are being deleted because someone is offering up a shop that can help out the OP or someone that is cheaper than Motorcycles Unlimited.

This forum is suppose to be for helping members. I agree on protecting your site sponsors, but if nobody is talking negative about them, leave the post alone. A simple tire change isn't stealing money.
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
ninenine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:10 AM   #48
bdmpastx
The Cripple

Bike(s):
2009 Nissan GTR - sold
2015 Nissan GTR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninenine View Post
motorcycles unlimited. Yes, I said it and I'll say it again. Oh, fk the moderator (probably Patrick) who erased the posts.

Posts are being deleted because someone is offering up a shop that can help out the OP or someone that is cheaper than Motorcycles Unlimited.

This forum is suppose to be for helping members. I agree on protecting your site sponsors, but if nobody is talking negative about them, leave the post alone. A simple tire change isn't stealing money.
I don't think it has anything to do with who is cheaper than Motorcycles Unlimited. Ernesto is looking for someone closer to his location. Motorcycles Unlimited is really far for him and I agree. I used to live right were Ernesto does. By the time he would pay for the gas and the trip time, it would be cheaper to pay more locally. I have only used Motorcycles Unlimited a few times personally and I have nothing but good things to share. Others may not. I cannot speak for their experiences. If post are getting deleted, then obviously that sucks and I don't think Patrick has the ability to do that himself outside of his own subforum.
Old 08-19-2015, 10:11 AM   #49
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Mike,
I could care less about a $15.00 tire change. We're one of the less expensive places in town for an off the bike tire change. Why? Because it's not that big a deal.
There will always be someone out there that's willing to do anything cheaper, let alone free. No skin off my back.
Have a great day!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 10:15 AM   #50
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdmpastx View Post
I don't think it has anything to do with who is cheaper than Motorcycles Unlimited. Ernesto is looking for someone closer to his location. Motorcycles Unlimited is really far for him and I agree. I used to live right were Ernesto does. By the time he would pay for the gas and the trip time, it would be cheaper to pay more locally. I have only used Motorcycles Unlimited a few times personally and I have nothing but good things to share. Others may not. I cannot speak for their experiences. If post are getting deleted, then obviously that sucks and I don't think Patrick has the ability to do that himself outside of his own subforum.
I know Ernesto was looking for something closer to him. With that being said, posts being deleted is ridiculous. You'd be surprised on what he is a capable of as far as moderating on stuff outside his sub forum.

Again, I'm not trying to get into a match with him. He knows how I feel about him and what I think...

Deleting posts that was unnecessary, is stupid.
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Sponsors:HoPD,P1 Racing,SCRC,Pirelli,Arai,BD Racing,Vesrah,Vortex,VP Race Fuels,Optimal Racing,Motul
Old 08-19-2015, 10:16 AM   #51
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick View Post
Mike,
I could care less about a $15.00 tire change. We're one of the less expensive places in town for an off the bike tire change. Why? Because it's not that big a deal.
There will always be someone out there that's willing to do anything cheaper, let alone free. No skin off my back.
Have a great day!
Sounds good. You have a great day
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Old 08-19-2015, 10:26 AM   #52
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Once again i live across town from everyone who offered a helping hand whether it be from a shop or someones personal set up, and i thanked everyone for offering the help or set up , but i hate hate hate traffic and it was just a simple tire change and by the time i drive a bit over an hr across town during traffic hour not only will the shops be cloed but my patience would be long gone before i made it halfway through town .

Old 08-19-2015, 11:54 AM   #53
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

It's easy enough to change a tire...
but on Sunday or Monday, in fact most any other day after 6, its starts to get very difficult. Want to ride, but have to wait because your favorite shop isn't open...

Good tires are vital for your bikes performance and your life while riding.

My niece was tragically killed due to a blowout, in her NEW truck, because of a manufacturers faulty tire...Since then I have tried to help enable many riders drive as safe as possible.

I'm sure most experienced riders can look around and see the deplorable shape many bikes are in. I constantly see riders with bald tires. I want to educate and help them stay safe too.

I have been to many shops in my 40+yrs of street riding, they are only as good as the individuals which represent them.

New riders need guidance and support from the bike community as a whole.
I only try to do what I can.

ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 04:49 PM   #54
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

Couldn't* care less.

Sorry, that drives me up a wall.
MCCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2015, 05:15 PM   #55
BuckNut
Banned

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
Huffy
None
None
None

User is banned

BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-19-2015, 08:18 PM   #56
ArtistMarty

Bike(s):
2009 zx10rse

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCycles View Post
Couldn't* care less.

Sorry, that drives me up a wall.
Troof...
ArtistMarty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 12:12 AM   #57
Therodman

Tire Town on College off 45 will change your tire for 10 bucks and they're good at it, real careful! They're about 3 blocks off 45 on the left when heading into Pasadena. Of course that's with the tire off the bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
Once again i live across town from everyone who offered a helping hand whether it be from a shop or someones personal set up, and i thanked everyone for offering the help or set up , but i hate hate hate traffic and it was just a simple tire change and by the time i drive a bit over an hr across town during traffic hour not only will the shops be cloed but my patience would be long gone before i made it halfway through town .
Therodman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:24 AM   #58
paniro187

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
You should post the place for everyone to see... no need for anyone else to get screwed or taken for
it . HoP

Helped me out with something small the first time went back for a tire change and holy ii have never had that much trouble with something simple

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown

Last edited by paniro187; 08-21-2015 at 08:27 AM.
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 11:45 AM   #59
ninenine
cmra expert

Bike(s):
2015yzf-r6 A-bike
2012yzf-r6 B-bike

Quote:
Originally Posted by paniro187 View Post
it . HoP

Helped me out with something small the first time went back for a tire change and holy ii have never had that much trouble with something simple
Paniro, what happened exactly? Since we started out helping, I want to make sure we can improve.
CMRA#99
WERA#99
Old 08-21-2015, 11:53 AM   #60
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
I use MagicMan....but he's on the NW side. He don't mind meeting me at 9 pm on any given weekday since that is the time I usually have available....or I drop them off one day and pick up the following. I think he charges me $10 a wheel, or bottle of whiskey for both. Don't think I've ever paid him less than $15/wheel though. Meeting at night when it's convenient for me is worth the extra pocket change.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement