Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|08-17-2015, 03:24 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
MotoGP 2015 Brno race results
Race results from the Czech Grand Prix the 11th round
MOVISTAR Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo took his fifth victory of the season at the Czech Grand Prix whilst team-mate Rossi finished third.
The elder Spaniard was untouchable during the race as he took the win by 4.462s from Repsol Honda’s younger Spaniard Marc Marquez. Yamaha’s Rossi took the last step on the podium which leaves the Movistar team-mates tied on points at the top of the Championship standings.
The sun was shining and track temperatures were increasing up to 42 ?C at the 5.2km Automotodrom Brno. Lorenzo and Marquez immediately opened a gap at the front whilst Rossi was shoved down to fifth and then held back by Ducati’s Andrea Dovizioso.
Marquez was able to match the pace of Lorenzo, both of which were lapping almost 0.5s a lap quicker than Rossi. After six laps, the gap was up to four seconds.
Lorenzo began to pull away from Marquez, opening up a 0.5 second gap by lap 9, which increased to two seconds by lap 12.
The double MotoGP World Champion crossed the finish line to take his 38th MotoGP victory by a comfortable margin of 4.4 seconds from Marquez. Rossi eventually crossed the line 10.397s behind Lorenzo to finish third, continuing his run of having finished on the podium at every race this season.
Ducati Team’s Andrea Iannone finished in fourth as he was involved in an excellent battle towards the end of the race with his teammate Andrea Dovizioso and Dani Pedrosa.
Pedrosa, who was nursing a bruised left foot after his highside in FP2, gritted his teeth to work his way up through the field from 9th on the grid. With 6 laps remaining, he caught Ducati’s Iannone and Dovizioso who were involved in a scrap for 4th at the time.
After Iannone and Dovizioso almost touched, Iannone made a slight break to take fourth, and left his teammate to deal with Pedrosa.
Pedrosa made a move up the inside of turn 11 on the final lap and held on to cross the line in fifth, less than a tenth of a second ahead of Dovizioso.
Monster Yamaha Tech 3’s Bradley made a great start from fifth on the grid and found himself in third at the first corner. However, Smith’s pace could not match those of Lorenzo and Marquez and therefore started to fall back through the pack to cross the line in 7th. Team-mate Pol Espargaro finished in eighth ahead of his brother Aleix on-board the Ecstar Suzuki.
1. Jorge LorenzoESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 42:53.042
2. Marc MarquezESP Repsol Honda Team 42:57.504 (+4.462)
3. Valentino RossiITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 43:03.439 (+10.397)
4. Andrea IannoneITA Ducati Team 43:06.113 (+13.071)
5. Dani PedrosaESP Repsol Honda Team 43:08.692 (+15.650)
6. Andrea DoviziosoITA Ducati Team 43:08.767 (+15.725)
7. Bradley SmithGBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 43:14.863 (+21.821)
8. Pol EspargaroESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 43:16.282 (+23.240)
9. Aleix EspargaroESP Team Suzuki Ecstar 43:36.826 (+43.784)
10. Danilo PetrucciITA Octo Pramac Racing 43:38.303 (+45.261)
11. Yonny HernandezCOL Octo Pramac Racing 43:43.015 (+49.973)
12. Scott ReddingGBR Estrella Galicia 0,0 Marc VDS 43:43.216 (+50.174)
13. Alvaro BautistaESP Factory Aprilia Gresini 43:47.479 (+54.437)
14. Stefan BradlGER Factory Aprilia Gresini 43:47.666 (+54.624)
15. Loris BazFRA Forward Racing 43:53.358 (+1:00.316)
16. Hector BarberaESP Avintia Racing 43:54.637 (+1:01.595)
17. Nicky HaydenUSA Aspar MotoGP Team 43:55.430 (+1:02.388)
18. Mike Di MeglioFRA Avintia Racing 43:58.986 (+1:05.944)
19. Jack MillerAUS CWM LCR Honda 44:04.449 (+1:11.407)
20. Claudio CortiITA Forward Racing 44:43.075 (+1:50.033)
21. Karel AbrahamCZE AB Motoracing 44:55.697 (+2:02.655)
DNF. Maverick ViñalesESP Team Suzuki Ecstar
DNF. Cal CrutchlowGBR CWM LCR Honda
DNF. Eugene LavertyIRL Aspar MotoGP Team
DNF. Alex De AngelisRSM E-Motion IodaRacing
MotoGP 2015: Indianapolis race results
MotoGP 2015: Mugello race results
MotoGP 2014: Brno race results
MotoGP 2014: Championship standings after Silverstone
MotoGP 2015: Catalunya race results