MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 08:20 AM   #1
Tango1300
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2005'ish HayaBOOsah

Cool User is banned

Tango1300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
You think this soldier should get the Death Penalty? morvegil Off Topic 45 05-15-2009 04:49 PM
WTH! no death penalty RACER X Off Topic 47 02-03-2009 06:14 AM
The death penalty was made for people like these ... logan5 Off Topic 13 06-02-2008 02:02 PM
for all of you who is in favor of the death penalty nuclearalex Off Topic 26 02-06-2008 05:22 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2007, 09:15 AM   #2
jus10

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

they already got their sentences... let's leave it at that.
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:21 AM   #3
FLYIN'DUC

Feedback Rating: (7)

Bike(s):
07 Ducati, 99 Busa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tango1300
Here is a news story that has been going on for some time now. Yet, Sunday (yesterday) the victim decided he couldn't deal anymore and committed suicide by jumping from the Galveston Cruise ship while in the middle of the Gulf of Mexico.

The story will tell you about how the victim was beaten down and raped by a bunch of other kids. Those kids are now sitting out 90-year prison terms on our tax dollars. Since the mental anguish has forced the victim to kill himself, should the teens that are convicted of raping him get life or get the injection...?

Share your opinion.

Here is the linky: http://www.click2houston.com/news/13604736/detail.html
90 year prison terms sounds about like life to me, I know its not the same but they are prolly receivin the rapes now instead of dishing them out, better learn to deal with that, gonna be a long row to hoe, if u know what I mean. Thanks for coming out Yesterday, had a great time.
FLYIN'DUC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:36 AM   #4
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

they did not kill the kid. . .he killed himself. i think their punishment fits their crime.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:38 AM   #5
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Man that is crazy, poor kid he had to be going through a ton of mental problems. I guess the other guys were trying to enforce statitory laws, but were deffinatly not qualified to do so. It is wrong for him at 18 to be hittin' on a 12 year old, but on the other hand what is a 12 year old doing at an older teen party anyway? It sux no matter how you look at it but it is the parents and family members that will lose countless hours of sleep worrying about the one's in the pen and morning for the loss of a loved one. What is society coming to.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:59 AM   #6
MadseasoN

Trackdays: 10+

I feel bad for the kid. He should've been able to get some counseling or something.

As for 'life in prison' - yeah it sucks. But you get cable TV, free workout equipment, three meals a day, internet access, library access, and you get to sleep 8 hours a day (or more), plus a whole lot of free time. IMO they need to take all of the 'toys' out of prison. Make their a$ses break rocks all day out in the sun ... then people will try a little harder to stay out of jail.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:04 AM   #7
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974
I feel bad for the kid. He should've been able to get some counseling or something.

As for 'life in prison' - yeah it sucks. But you get cable TV, free workout equipment, three meals a day, internet access, library access, and you get to sleep 8 hours a day (or more), plus a whole lot of free time. IMO they need to take all of the 'toys' out of prison. Make their a$ses break rocks all day out in the sun ... then people will try a little harder to stay out of jail.
really I agree they make it like a resort in prison to an extent, but you hear of all the bad stuff in there too I do believe that they need to take out all the computers and gym's and theropists that would lower our taxes tremendously if they took out everything but the four walls around them.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #8
stlal
Superman

Bike(s):
99 F4 Track/2004 Yami Warrior

Send a message via MSN to stlal
I think its unlikely they will be there for 90 years..more like 20-30

But thats still a long fukin time
Old 07-02-2007, 11:10 AM   #9
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by denhou1974

100% agreed. . .they don't need ac, cable tv, etc. they need to be on a chain gang working for their room and board. i didn't cause their actions, why should i have to pay for their punishment?
Old 07-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #10
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

half the time they die anyway, so i thinmk its a better punishment then killing them and not letting them suffer
Old 07-02-2007, 11:12 AM   #11
SPYDER BITE
Can-Am has arrived

Bike(s):
2009 Can-Am Spyder 990

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles
100% agreed. . .they don't need ac, cable tv, etc. they need to be on a chain gang working for their room and board. i didn't cause their actions, why should i have to pay for their punishment?
exactly:BangHead:
Old 07-02-2007, 11:14 AM   #12
whosthis
ahhhhh sexii lmao!!

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
KTM
R6

leave it liek it is, why spend more of tax money to go thru a new trial and all that other . them dad kids will be killd off n there sooner or later
whosthis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:15 AM   #13
MadseasoN

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja nana
really I agree they make it like a resort in prison to an extent, but you hear of all the bad stuff in there too I do believe that they need to take out all the computers and gym's and theropists that would lower our taxes tremendously if they took out everything but the four walls around them.
The reason why we have gangs and all of the other 'bad stuff' in prisons is because the convicts have way too much free time on their hands. I saw a program on TLC about prison weapons. These guys were making razor sharp knives out of paper! How much free time do you need to think of something like that?

Put them fuggers to work breaking rocks and diggin holes.
MadseasoN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 11:36 AM   #14
PoYoHpd
Houston Phifty Domination

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
04 Gsxr 600/ 03 honda xr50

Send a message via AIM to PoYoHpd
i dont think he jumped.....
PoYoHpd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 04:30 PM   #15
GABRIEL

Experience: 1-3 months

Like no mercy F4I said death is the easy way out.
GABRIEL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:13 PM   #16
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoYoHpd
i dont think he jumped.....
Yes, he did. The family he was with on the cruise are friends with my coworker/friend. My coworker is dogsitting for the brother of the best friend of the kid who jumped. They were there and are trying to get together the money to fly home early from the cruise.

It's a really sad thing. My coworker had hung out with him since the crime occurred and said he really did act like a normal guy (although coworker said the kid was high at the time, lol).

He was offered counseling and he always rejected it. People around him all said he seemed to be doing fine considering what happened. I guess he hid it too well. :(

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:27 PM   #17
RaZ
J.A.F.A.

Bike(s):
Suzuki GS 1000, Honda CB750K DOHC

More then likely the kids in the pen wont live to long
RaZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:34 PM   #18
BrutusTx

Member Garage

Prison isn't as easy as it sounds (a/c, 3 meals etc etc) but 90 yrs is too short, and the needle is WAY too short.
I feel sorry for the kid.......something like that shouldn't happen to anyone.
Old 07-02-2007, 09:44 PM   #19
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue91
Yes, he did. The family he was with on the cruise are friends with my coworker/friend. My coworker is dogsitting for the brother of the best friend of the kid who jumped. They were there and are trying to get together the money to fly home early from the cruise.

It's a really sad thing. My coworker had hung out with him since the crime occurred and said he really did act like a normal guy (although coworker said the kid was high at the time, lol).

He was offered counseling and he always rejected it. People around him all said he seemed to be doing fine considering what happened. I guess he hid it too well. :(
the unfortunate thing about depression is it effects people in different ways, even those around you that you may NEVER suspect. Sometimes the strongest people you (think) you know are destroyed inside, and that inner turmoil may not ever surface until it's too late.

I know different religions look at suicide in different ways but. . .RIP youngman. Your story saddens me more than it should
Old 07-02-2007, 09:48 PM   #20
dudewhrsmybike

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2011 Kawasaki ZX-10R ABS

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to dudewhrsmybike
The whole story just gives me the chills at the same time it just makes me mad that the two guys reacted in such extreme behavior. But like a few of you had mentioned, Why would a 12 y/o be out at a party with drugs and older guys. Thats asking for trouble

It's GREEN, it's FAST, and it says Ninja on it
dudewhrsmybike is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement