MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-02-2007, 12:21 PM   #101
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
We (an anonymous group) were riding out to the hill country on a Sunday morning (there were probably 12 of us) when this car was riding all over my like 10 feet off my rear tire (I was at the back) . We were in single lane formation and doing let's say 10-15 mph over the posted limit already. Long story short, the guy passes our entire group using the shoulder. Nonetheless I was and for whatever reason I felt the need to flex my muscles. I chased the guy down and motioned for him to pull over, this is when I noticed the guy was wearing a DPS uniform. He pulled over (which I was quite suprised), I approached the car, asked the young man (who was a prison guard, not a peace officer) what his deal was and yada yada. Nonetheless a few others in the group helped me scare the sh*t out of this young man and we sent him on his way. Our conversation basically was were doing 15 over the limit, we are in one lane, pass when there is an opening and not on the shoulder. These squids sounded like they were using the road for their own good, not the publics, and deserved what they had coming. I don't condone the actions of the driver, but at the same time I can feel his frustration. Wether you ride squid wheelies down the highway or commute on a regular basis, remember the road is not only yours, but everyone elses as well. Be respectful of those around you.
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Attack on Dallas police less_than_coop The Circus 10 06-14-2015 11:29 PM
Feral or ferals attack Dallas pd hq RACER X Off Topic 4 06-13-2015 07:59 PM
wana be ISIS attack in Dallas RACER X The Circus 9 05-08-2015 07:43 PM
Biker gets hit from behind on dallas freeway. floyd600 General Discussion (Moto Related) 2 04-26-2011 08:00 PM
dallas tollway run? G1xx3rGuy08 Stunters Lounge 17 06-18-2010 02:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-02-2007, 12:23 PM   #102
Prodigy

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
Honda 1000rr
Kawasaki ZX6r
Honda CBR F4i
Suzuki Gsxr750
T-Rex

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
We (an anonymous group) were riding out to the hill country on a Sunday morning (there were probably 12 of us) when this car was riding all over my like 10 feet off my rear tire (I was at the back) . We were in single lane formation and doing let's say 10-15 mph over the posted limit already. Long story short, the guy passes our entire group using the shoulder. Nonetheless I was and for whatever reason I felt the need to flex my muscles. I chased the guy down and motioned for him to pull over, this is when I noticed the guy was wearing a DPS uniform. He pulled over (which I was quite suprised), I approached the car, asked the young man (who was a prison guard, not a peace officer) what his deal was and yada yada. Nonetheless a few others in the group helped me scare the sh*t out of this young man and we sent him on his way. Our conversation basically was were doing 15 over the limit, we are in one lane, pass when there is an opening and not on the shoulder. These squids sounded like they were using the road for their own good, not the publics, and deserved what they had coming. I don't condone the actions of the driver, but at the same time I can feel his frustration. Wether you ride squid wheelies down the highway or commute on a regular basis, remember the road is not only yours, but everyone elses as well. Be respectful of those around you.
well said
Prodigy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:31 PM   #103
jus10

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
KX TooNifty

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuckzx7
Wether you ride squid wheelies down the highway or commute on a regular basis, remember the road is not only yours, but everyone elses as well. Be respectful of those around you.
Exactly, at least wheelie in just one lane and leave the others open.:icon_bigg
jus10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:41 PM   #104
ArturoC
51% Geek, 49% SuperHero

Bike(s):
'99 GSXR600
'04 NSR 50
'09 Yamaha WR250X
'07 Triumph 675

Member Garage

Send a message via ICQ to ArturoC Send a message via AIM to ArturoC Send a message via Yahoo to ArturoC Send a message via Skype™ to ArturoC
Quote:
Originally Posted by RACER X
there's diff. levels od tards riding the streets, these guy's top the list.

Quote:
too bad the guy hit one when passing, if he knew how to drive ho shouldn't have.

With their level of 'tardness, I wouldn't be surprised if the one that was hit, swerved to block when he saw the car trying to get around. :dontknow:

It seems from what they are say, that quite a few, if not mostl the bikers were in on jacking up that guys car. But th most likely bike that would have been hit would have been in the back of the group, and on the left or right side of the pack, so I would think that only 1 or 2 other riders right next to him *might* have seen it. The others would have been acting on pure assumption.
CMRA [Prov Nov]ice #404
Sponsors: D&D - GoPro - Amsoil
ArturoC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:44 PM   #105
Jay
Deleted

Experience: 5 years

I agree with you, i think they all messed up
Old 07-02-2007, 12:47 PM   #106
NO MORE F4I
my hand hurts

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
bikeless now
my bmx p.o.s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
Old 07-02-2007, 12:49 PM   #107
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by jus10
While I don't condone those actions I agree that if you must wheelie on the freeway, please do it in one lane....Now, if you fukc up and loop it and then get run over by another vehicle...don't come looking for any sympathy from me
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 12:55 PM   #108
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturoC

With their level of 'tardness, I wouldn't be surprised if the one that was hit, swerved to block when he saw the car trying to get around. :dontknow:

agreed.
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 01:26 PM   #109
marlboroman71818
tramp

Bike(s):
05 busa

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to marlboroman71818
Sounds like the Jag driver took the law into his own hands and esculated the situation. As far as them blocking the three lanes, I would rather someone do that than have them doing wheelies in 1 lane and put other people and their property in danger. People need to learn to slow down and give more respect to others. Both parties were in the wrong END OF STORY.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:01 PM   #110
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

" he could have takin other ways out other then tryn to squeezze his car between a wall n a biker"

We don't know what happened to initiate it beyond what we saw in the video.. Who's to say there wasn't an open spot in the third lane, that the 'rear line' of blockers were not equally spaced etc.
Look at the video...at one point, the left hand lane has an open area compared to the two lanes on the right. It's possible the driver hd a situation liked that, had driven into it, went to change lanes and impacted a bike that was changing lanes also etc. The manner in which several of those people were riding there are several possible scenarios which could have led to something occuring between cage and bike.
Old 07-02-2007, 02:26 PM   #111
Tiger Bait
Indigent Rider

Bike(s):
'05 Busa

Dallasriders is back up.

Here's a long thread about it. Its a long read for sure. Don't go off on Dallasriders.com because the idiots on that site are from Dallas Stunt Riders...

http://www.dallasriders.com/viewtopi...ht=jag&start=0
Tiger Bait is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:17 PM   #112
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

I may be wrong, but I don't think the news video has anything to do with the incident in question.

I THINK they posted it as an example of sportbike behavior, not that it was taken at the same time as this event.

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:34 PM   #113
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by cashtown
I may be wrong, but I don't think the news video has anything to do with the incident in question.

I THINK they posted it as an example of sportbike behavior, not that it was taken at the same time as this event.

I agree, but it serves as an example of the comment I made. Short of it, we really don't have enough information to pass accurate judgement on how things occured.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:36 PM   #114
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger Bait
Dallasriders is back up.

Here's a long thread about it. Its a long read for sure. Don't go off on Dallasriders.com because the idiots on that site are from Dallas Stunt Riders...

http://www.dallasriders.com/viewtopi...ht=jag&start=0

...having problems getting their, betting the site is somewhat deluged at this point.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:37 PM   #115
cashtown
Lawyers Guns and Money

Bike(s):
'05 Hayabusa '98 ZX-6E

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulric
I agree, but it serves as an example of the comment I made. Short of it, we really don't have enough information to pass accurate judgement on how things occured.

egg zachary

Fat Freddy says, "Busas are for posing!"
cashtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:41 PM   #116
Neversatisfied02

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR 1000
2007 Kawi ZX10R (SOLD)
2006 Kawi ZX6R (SOLD)
2005 Suzuki GSXR 600 (SOLD)

Heres what i think...

The bikers shouldnt have been taking up the whole road like they were but I also think there was more of a story to what the man in the car was trying to do. We heard the story from his side only. I dont see the bikers shooting at him and beating his car if he was just trying to pass.

Either way, the bikers were the original problem.
Neversatisfied02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:52 PM   #117
Ulric
Dirty Old

Bike(s):
05 FZ1

...here's another DFW bike related site with a thread on it...

http://www.dfwsportbike.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=12074
Old 07-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #118
level5
moving chicane

I have ridden with all type of bikers and I understand sometimes these cagers would get mad because they can't passed you, street stunters. It's not right to get close to endanger the lives of the rider because he is doing stupid on the freeway. Take the laws into your own hands and you will be dealt with the same. Freeway stunting is stupid and dangerous too. If bikers were at fault then why would other bikers will not follow the cagers to the police station? What is wrong with this picture? It's like you robbing someone and call the police on yourself. This is just another case of road rage.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement