MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2015, 09:39 AM   #21
bluewave18
Safety Third

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

why does anyone think he is a cop? If its one of those titles that cant be repaired the best course of action is to find a frame and sway parts over
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Advice on first bike. BowserFB09 General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 06-10-2014 02:09 AM
Buying bike w/ no Title..advice? CDN_bacon General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 08-23-2012 02:20 AM
New bike advice ProjecTMX General Discussion (Moto Related) 61 10-02-2010 11:22 AM
getting title for bike with lost title... Bomb0314 General Discussion (Moto Related) 12 03-29-2010 12:47 AM
How to title a no title bike? BigComfy How To's and Q & A's 4 02-01-2009 01:56 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-12-2015, 10:40 AM   #22
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
why does anyone think he is a cop? If its one of those titles that cant be repaired the best course of action is to find a frame and sway parts over
Because dumbassery and disdain for LEO's both run deep around here!
Old 08-12-2015, 10:41 AM   #23
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

Kyle isnt a cop, but at some point, he had a pretty hot GF...

full
Old 08-12-2015, 11:04 AM   #24
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Pics of her would help this thread tremendously
Old 08-12-2015, 11:07 AM   #25
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Ok, if the OP isn't a cop (or even if he is), seems to me that he could take the legal route and go after the seller. I'd much rather have my money back. Would you have paid the price for a "good" bike as you would have for a salvage?

I'd be that I bought the bike for twice the price I could have. Not to even mention how unsure I would be on the quality of the rebuild.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-12-2015, 11:09 AM   #26
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
why does anyone think he is a cop?
Because his MH debut was a post offering money to anyone that could help him get a title. Lots of info out there (and on here) about salvage and rebuilt titles. If he hadn't offered money and requested that info be sent via PM, it wouldn't have crossed my mind.
pinball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:17 PM   #27
D00GIE

Finally someone believes a helpless citizen these days which can be hard to believe. All I'm trying to do is get back on the streets legit so I DONT get popped by the 5/0's. The repairs have been done already and it's a great bike I ride it all the time but I believe because it is titled as junk I'm screwed unless I can find a cheap frame with a clear title. I appreciate all the responses from you guys good and bad cause any help is better than where I'm at. I dropped a little over 5k for this and got screwed. 4700 for bike, changed fluids, tune up, and new tires was 600 and then after the tax assessor gave me my plates and my inspection sticker and took my 330 bucks I got the letter of doom. For sake I had a legit current blue title I handed to her and in the NMVTIS database it said it was current but a different state has got me by the nuts. If anyone can assist me in help finding a frame post it up please.
D00GIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 12:20 PM   #28
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

You have inspection, insurance, and current tags?
Old 08-12-2015, 12:56 PM   #29
jetcycles
DRIVEN BY ANGER

Feedback Rating: (14)

Bike(s):
1950 Chevy Deluxe
1980 Honda CT70
1987 Kawasaki 650SX
1996 Honda Z50

whatever you do, don't let go of that clear blue title, you might not get it back!

I'd find a new DMV office and play dumb just to see if you get anywhere, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that counter, and you might have been dealing with some angry that hasn't been correctly in a while!
Old 08-12-2015, 01:00 PM   #30
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post
whatever you do, don't let go of that clear blue title, you might not get it back!

I'd find a new DMV office and play dumb just to see if you get anywhere, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to work that counter, and you might have been dealing with some angry that hasn't been correctly in a while!
Sound advice right here.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:04 PM   #31
Repth
Keyboard Warrior

Experience: 2 years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
'14 Street Triple R

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetcycles View Post

So you're suggesting you have to the person working the counter to get the title? That sounds kinda unethical...
Old 08-12-2015, 02:15 PM   #32
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Repth View Post
So you're suggesting you have to the person working the counter to get the title? That sounds kinda unethical...
Well, most of them are more than a brown bag special... so they are always on an epic period trip

However, if you talk sweet and look them in the eyes, they will do anything in their power to treat you right.

Also, I believe they take your titles nowadays too... so OP is without that clean blue title
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 07:15 PM   #33
D00GIE

Unfortunately they stamp the title it's no good but I have not received it back yet. The lady at the counter gave me the plates she was helping me out it was the state in Austin who prints the new titles and mails them is who caught it
D00GIE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 08:21 AM   #34
Flynjay

Experience: 5 years

Bike(s):
'07 Ninja 250 (sold)
'06 Ninja 650

Sounds like a case for Fresnel.
Flynjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 09:49 AM   #35
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
4k+ posts, join date of 2008, and you ask this question? Have you never heard of Holtzclaw?
Have you ever heard that shsu1k is an officer and he could give two about trying to catch people off motohouston. Put your armadillo hat back on. Cops have more fun off of craigslist.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:52 AM   #36
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinball View Post
Because his MH debut was a post offering money to anyone that could help him get a title. Lots of info out there (and on here) about salvage and rebuilt titles. If he hadn't offered money and requested that info be sent via PM, it wouldn't have crossed my mind.
Put your armadillo hat back on. Maybe he just wants his current situation resolved.
Old 08-13-2015, 09:55 AM   #37
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Bike(s):

Quote:
Originally Posted by D00GIE View Post
Unfortunately they stamp the title it's no good but I have not received it back yet. The lady at the counter gave me the plates she was helping me out it was the state in Austin who prints the new titles and mails them is who caught it
Unfortunately. You sir are screwed. Somebody has already fooled the state once. The person that did it can get into some serious trouble and slapped with a nasty fine. If a dealer had done it they could lose their dealers license. Your best bet is to either sell it with the parts only title. Or buy a new frame and swap it.
Old 08-13-2015, 11:07 AM   #38
shsu1k

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 750

get the cop!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Simpsons-angry-mob-pitchfork-torches.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	73.3 KB
ID:	87739  
shsu1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:35 PM   #39
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
Unfortunately. You sir are screwed. Somebody has already fooled the state once. The person that did it can get into some serious trouble and slapped with a nasty fine. If a dealer had done it they could lose their dealers license. Your best bet is to either sell it with the parts only title. Or buy a new frame and swap it.

Or try to sell it to some high school kid on H-I for what you have into it so far... To make it more appealing, slap a "I love my Honda" sticker on it
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2015, 03:45 PM   #40
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post

So why not go the legal route and get your money back? Especially if the bike was sold as "good" when it really was a salvage.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement