Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|08-10-2015, 08:30 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
MotoGP 2015 Indianapolis race results
Marquez brings home Hondas 700th Grand Prix victory
MARC Marquez makes it five wins in a row at the legendary Indianapolis Motor Speedway after a race-long battle with Yamaha’s Jorge Lorenzo.
Repsol Honda’s Marquez won at the ‘brick yard’ to make it five wins in a row – 2 x Moto2, 3 x MotoGP. Championship leader Valentino Rossi finished in third to maintain his 100% podium record for this season.
Moto3 and Moto2 were declared wet races, but conditions had improved ready for MotoGP and teams were ready with a wet set-up bike incase conditions to worsen.
Lorenzo took the lead into the first corner with poleman Marquez in second. These two made a break from the rest of the field and opening up a second gap by the end of lap 6.
The reigning MotoGP World Champion Marquez bided his time, sitting behind Lorenzo and studying his strengths and weaknesses before finally making his move with just three laps to go into turn 1.
Lorenzo tried to keep up with the younger Spaniard, but couldn’t respond to the pace of Marquez as he took the chequered flag and Honda’s 700th GP win.
Rossi started from 8th on the grid but after a sensational opening lap he was up into fourth and hunting down Pedrosa for the final podium spot. The Italian couldn’t quite match the pace of Marquez and Lorenzo at the front. Rossi finally managed to overtake Pedrosa into turn 1 on lap 18, although they kept overtaking each other until the very end.
Rossi had the advantage heading into the last lap but Pedrosa overtook him into turn 1. ‘The Doctor’ fought back immediately with an aggresive move into turn 2 and made it stick, managing to hold on to cross the line 0.181s ahead of Pedrosa.
Ducati Team’s Andrea Iannone was a further 15 seconds back in fifth with Bradley Smith on the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 towards the end of the race.
Smith’s team-mate Pol Espargaro was a further 8.627s further back in seventh after he was involved in a battle with CWM LCR Honda’s Cal Crutchlow. The British rider had dropped down to 11th on the opening lap after almost clipping the back of Smith into turn 1.
Ducati Team's Andrea Dovizioso also ran wide on the first lap and found himself rejoining the race in last place. The Italian recovered and fought back to finish in ninth ahead of the Octo Pramac Racing Ducati of Danilo Petrucci, who completed the top ten.
The Team Suzuki Ecstar GSX-RR’s of Maverick Viñales and Aleix Espargaro were 11th and 14th respectively, with Scott Redding on the EG 0,0 Marc VDS Honda finishing in 13th.
1. Marc MarquezESP Repsol Honda Team 41:55.371
2. Jorge LorenzoESP Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 41:56.059 (+0.688)
3. Valentino RossiITA Movistar Yamaha MotoGP 42:1.337 (+5.966)
4. Dani PedrosaESP Repsol Honda Team 42:1.518 (+6.147)
5. Andrea IannoneITA Ducati Team 42:16.899 (+21.528)
6. Bradley SmithGBR Monster Yamaha Tech 3 42:17.122 (+21.751)
7. Pol EspargaroESP Monster Yamaha Tech 3 42:25.749 (+30.378)
8. Cal CrutchlowGBR CWM LCR Honda 42:26.978 (+31.607)
9. Andrea DoviziosoITA Ducati Team 42:28.192 (+32.821)
10. Danilo PetrucciITA Octo Pramac Racing 42:29.888 (+34.517)
11. Maverick ViñalesESP Team Suzuki Ecstar 42:34.381 (+39.010)
12. Yonny HernandezCOL Octo Pramac Racing 42:37.186 (+41.815)
13. Scott ReddingGBR Estrella Galicia Marc VDS 42:45.580 (+50.209)
14. Aleix EspargaroESP Team Suzuki Ecstar 42:55.836 (+1:00.465)
15. Hector BarberaESP Avintia Racing 42:59.518 (+1:04.147)
16. Nicky HaydenUSA Aspar MotoGP Team 43:0.437 (+1:05.066)
17. Mike Di MeglioFRA Avintia Racing 43:2.312 (+1:06.941)
18. Alvaro BautistaESP Factory Aprilia Gresini 43:9.233 (+(1:13.862)
19. Eugene LavertyIRL Aspar MotoGP Team 43:14.077 (+1:18.706)
20. Stefan BradlGER Factory Aprilia Gresini 43:15.101 (+1:19.730)
21. Alex De AngelisRSM E-Motion IodaRacing 43:15.253 (+1:19.882)
22. Toni EliasSPA AB Motoracing 43:15.305 (+1:19.934)
DNF. Jack MillerAUS CWM LCR Honda
MotoGP 2014: Indianapolis race results
MotoGP 2015: Mugello race results
MotoGP 2015: Catalunya race results
MotoGP 2015: championship standings after Catalunya
MotoGP 2014: Sepang race results