Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 07:39 PM   #1
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Buck Beasley
LMS 6/30 thanks

Thanks to the usual suspects for another good day at MSRH. Not sure what is up with trackdays in Texas all getting rain this year, but the open track til 11am was nice, and I got 150+ miles in myself. Good to see the regular crowd back in action and flowing smoothly. AS ALWAYS, thanks to Alanzo, Derek, Jason, Larry, Alan, and Bill D. for keeping things moving along and picking up the few pieces we had today. One big crash that ended up with a pretty trashed bike, but a healthy rider and a few other low sides everyone walked away from. Never rolled the ambulance or the crash truck though, so that makes it a GREAT day. Thanks everyone, see you on 7/14!!!
Buck Beasley is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brooklyn Bullet at MSR-H with LMS 11.30.08 cdill35 General Discussion (Moto Related) 13 11-30-2008 10:05 PM
LMS registration 8/30 OPEN Buck Beasley Taking it to the Track 22 08-08-2008 05:16 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2007, 07:41 PM   #2
50cc chick
I <3 Josh

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Aprilia Ride Smart 50 (SOLD)

Send a message via AIM to 50cc chick
Buck you and your crew make track days great even when it rains here and there. Glad to hear everyone made it safely!!
50cc chick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 07:43 PM   #3
Candie

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2013 Ninja 300
07 CBR 600RR (sold)
09 Ninja 250 (sold)
04 CBR 600RR (sold)
04 GSXR 600 (sold)

Yep! I had fun just hanging out and talking to everyone! I am jst about sick of the rain though!
Old 06-30-2007, 08:03 PM   #4
Denee
Leather n lace

Bike(s):
TL1000r(race), '06 GSXR600

Send a message via AIM to Denee
Had a great time! I left a little early, but mainly legs were like rubber, and the heat became a little intense for me, but I got my fix, socialized with some awesome people as always! Until next time!
dne'
Denee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 08:16 PM   #5
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

BILL!...........

Old 06-30-2007, 08:37 PM   #6
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Hey Chris, got an pics of GixxerBill and his awesome power wheelies on pit straight? Man, the power on that bike of his..........almost sounds like he's cluchin' up whoolies, but I know he wouldn't do that. That 1k must make AMA HP................... Or maybe he's just spent too much time on the wing.
Old 06-30-2007, 09:20 PM   #7
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Yeah turn one tricked me. I made a stupid mistake. I took the turn as hard as possible but dove in a split second to early. When I hit the apex I knew it was over because I was going to run wide. I would have stood it up but I saw the tires and tried to get a leaner angle. No bueno . So the front went out and that was it. I should have been more patient. I made a rookie mistake for my first time this track. But I ran very well up to that point. My bike handled awesome and as soon as the track dried up I learned all the lines very quick. I was having a problem with turn one and approaching the chicane on the back side.
]
Buck I tried to follow u and get a tow to help me when we were out there and you kept waving me by. I tried to get someone to help me in the 3rd session but I kept passing everybody up till I crashed. Iím ok and it shouldn't be too much to get the bike back on the track. I still had a blast haha.

Last edited by hypertrophyy; 06-30-2007 at 09:24 PM.
hypertrophyy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:50 PM   #8
level5
moving chicane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck Beasley
Hey Chris, got an pics of GixxerBill and his awesome power wheelies on pit straight? Man, the power on that bike of his..........almost sounds like he's cluchin' up whoolies, but I know he wouldn't do that. That 1k must make AMA HP................... Or maybe he's just spent too much time on the wing.
There were too many doing wheelies on the straight. I have to practice and go with the flow.
level5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:03 PM   #9
Radar

Bike(s):
CBR1000RR

Had a great time as always! Thanks Buck and the gang - "Alonzo, Derek, Jason, Larry, Alan, and Bill D." I got to ride plenty, and the last session before the rain was AWESOME summertime riding - cool temps, overcast skies, dry - sticky track, full half hour - "ON THE GAS", and good company. Doesn't get much better than that! See yall on the 14th!
Radar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:08 PM   #10
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883

Member Garage

pics here --------------- http://www.motohouston.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=31903
Old 07-01-2007, 09:25 AM   #11
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy
Yeah turn one tricked me. I made a stupid mistake. I took the turn as hard as possible but dove in a split second to early. When I hit the apex I knew it was over because I was going to run wide. I would have stood it up but I saw the tires and tried to get a leaner angle. No bueno . So the front went out and that was it. I should have been more patient. I made a rookie mistake for my first time this track. But I ran very well up to that point. My bike handled awesome and as soon as the track dried up I learned all the lines very quick. I was having a problem with turn one and approaching the chicane on the back side.
]
Buck I tried to follow u and get a tow to help me when we were out there and you kept waving me by. I tried to get someone to help me in the 3rd session but I kept passing everybody up till I crashed. Iím ok and it shouldn't be too much to get the bike back on the track. I still had a blast haha.
Mark I kept waving you by since it was wet and you should have followed the example. I saw you look up the inside on FOUR bikes exiting the keyhole setting up for the launch(in the wet!) and knew you were new and would be crashing. You should have spent more time with me or one of the other instructors to really get the line down, I watched you a few turns and you're quite a bit off where you should have been. It's a tricky track that lulls you into a false confidence very quickly. Turn one there is one of, if not the most difficult turn of any track I have ridden. Next time get some help from one of the instructors or myself before you tear off to set the new track record. Glad you came out alright. Who did you ask for help in the third session?

Last edited by Buck Beasley; 07-01-2007 at 09:31 AM.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:58 PM   #12
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
Mark I kept waving you by since it was wet and you should have followed the example. I saw you look up the inside on FOUR bikes exiting the keyhole setting up for the launch(in the wet!) and knew you were new and would be crashing. You should have spent more time with me or one of the other instructors to really get the line down, I watched you a few turns and you're quite a bit off where you should have been. It's a tricky track that lulls you into a false confidence very quickly. Turn one there is one of, if not the most difficult turn of any track I have ridden. Next time get some help from one of the instructors or myself before you tear off to set the new track record. Glad you came out alright. Who did you ask for help in the third session?

your right. i was rushing to fast. my natural tendency. i didnt personaly ask for instruction in the 3rd session. i didnt want to bother anybody just yet untill i felt comfortable on my bike, which i will add came very quick. my set up for that track was almost dialed perfect except for i needed to drop a tooth in the rear. by no means am i that fast but i kept looking for someone who was and get behind them in the 3rd. follow them for a bit and then talk to instructors before the 4th. i figured that would be the smartest plan so we would go out and know exactly where im struggling and what to watch for and work on. but when the track dried up and people started movin i was looking for the fastest guys an i kept running them down. then i made that noob mistake. the turn wasnt that hard for me originally in previous laps. it was seeing the tires that freaked me out when i was going wide. i figured out in the 2nd session, if you screw up turn 1 your setup for turn 2 will throw off your whole lap time. so i was making it a mission to get that turn down right away. oops

very fun track! not oak hill but very fun! i will be back asap. but im going to quit trying to prove something cause its getting expensive haha.

Last edited by hypertrophyy; 07-01-2007 at 01:13 PM.
Old 07-01-2007, 01:49 PM   #13
gix1k

Bike(s):
GSXR600 Yamaha Roadstar Ducati 848 2009 GSXR1000 Sold

Buck

Thanks for another great day had a great time as usual.
gix1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 04:21 PM   #14
Buck Beasley
Older,Wiser,Faster

'05 Suzuki SV 650,

'04 Vespa 150

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by hypertrophyy
but im going to quit trying to prove something cause its getting expensive haha.
Smartest thing I've seen posted in a long while. Always remember that when you think you're really haulin' the mail, there are at least ten guys out there that will spank you like a red headed stepchild whenever they feel like it. Goes for any track really. Point is there is always someone faster than you, ride to YOUR ability. Chasing the fast guys without asking them or letting them know you're there is a sure recipe for a crash. Watch them for as few turns, then let 'em go and wait for another to come by and show you something else. Was looking to run with you in the afternoon, I never miss a chance to run with a CMRA'er and see what the novice ranks is offering up talent wise these days. Get the bike fixed and come on out again.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:15 PM   #15
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

PS - just like to add that everybody i spoke with was very helpful and kind it was great getting aquainted with a few faces from the website.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:36 PM   #16
0oAndyo0
Trying togo fast again!

Experience: 4-8 months
Trackdays: 7

Bike(s):
2009 R6 Race bike forsale!
2006 GSXR Race bike SOLD!!!
2007 GSXR 750 SOLD!!!
2001 GSXR 600 SOLD!!!
2007 R1 SOLD!!!

LMS crew is a good lil family, everybody cool
Old 07-02-2007, 12:43 AM   #17
hypertrophyy

Bike(s):
07 600rr track

Quote:
I watched you a few turns and you're quite a bit off where you should have been. It's a tricky track that lulls you into a false confidence very quickly.
i think you might have seen me looking at the transitions between the patches around the track. i was also feeling for bumps in the 2nd session while it was simi wet still. i was kinda all over the place and probably looked silly to anybody watchin. i knew you were behind me and figured you knew what i might be thinking.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:17 AM   #18
quEEn B
FEROSH!!!

I'd like to especially thank Alan for letting me take over his trailer, as I always seem to do now :icon_bigg. sorry, but me & rain dont mix well . So thank you Alan..you rock as always
Old 07-02-2007, 11:30 AM   #19
Whoop
Mobile Bike Service!

Bike(s):
gsxr 1000

Anytime sunshine
Whoop is offline   Reply With Quote