MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Off Topic (everything else) > Off Topic
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-30-2007, 07:02 PM   #1
Flying Scot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

Send a message via AIM to Flying Scot Send a message via MSN to Flying Scot
Makes me mad!!!

I'm sure you all heard about the car bomb attempt at Glasgow airport earlier today!!! Just when you think racial divide is at its smallest level the USA and the World encountered 9/11. I can't begin to compare todays events to 9/11 BUT terrorism and extremists are on the rise and they will be related in that manner. The entire UK has a major problem because it has a large Muslim community throughout and many of them are third generation now making them technically "British"!

Let me state for the record if the bastards who hit the airport today are called "Scottish" beacuse they were born there I'm gonna be even more because to me they gave all rights away to being my nationality the first day they thought about this attack!!!

If the government does't change the laws taking away rights from non Christian / true British citizens then I bet you within our lifetimes we'll see extreme parties gaining more seats in government like the BNP - British Nationalist Party. Who are in fact a group on the rise since 9/11 and essentially are modern day Nazis.

For the record I DO NOT follow one set religion but do believe in a higher power. I am not racist either - my blood Grandad was a Muslim from India but he was a different generation, different class!!!

If a Scotsman was in Houston acting a , I'd be the first to put him into shape. If you don't like the ways of the country you live in then.............................................. ............................

"**** OFF"

www.jmoncur06.bebo.com
www.myspace.com/getitupyee
Flying Scot is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Oh he mad Bevo Off Topic 1 10-24-2014 09:01 PM
Don't be mad at the white people, be mad at the right people! RACER X The Circus 8 12-25-2013 10:21 AM
so ... what makes you more mad? logan5 Off Topic 21 08-28-2008 05:44 AM
Makes me more mad!! pester The Circus 12 07-04-2007 11:50 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-30-2007, 07:17 PM   #2
Azylum
The Chosen One

Feedback Rating: (23)

Experience: 8 years
Trackdays: 2

i feel ya brother. i feel ya.
Old 06-30-2007, 07:20 PM   #3
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide

Amen.

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!

muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 09:42 PM   #4
BrutusTx

Member Garage

+1
Old 06-30-2007, 10:42 PM   #5
AliceInChains02

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
nada

"If the government does't change the laws taking away rights from non Christian / true British citizens"

wow, that's pretty extreme.
AliceInChains02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:25 PM   #6
buddha429
Reformed Track Addict

Feedback Rating: (6)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
at the junkyard

thats the world we live in today.
buddha429 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 03:24 AM   #7
Flying Scot

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliceInChains02
"If the government does't change the laws taking away rights from non Christian / true British citizens"

wow, that's pretty extreme.

You are correct - but we are close to living in extreme conditions!!! Remember Scotland isn't like Texas - the general public don't own guns. If the world officially went to I'd wanna be in Texas coz Texans know when hits the fan they have an arsenal to fight back with in their own homes!!!

Don't get me wrong - Scottish are typicaly mental at the best of times but I'd rather take a gun over a fist to a terorist/extermist anyday!!!

www.jmoncur06.bebo.com
Old 07-02-2007, 09:19 AM   #8
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

To be clear .... are there laws on the books in Britan that takes away rights from minorities, or are you advocating there be laws to do so?
logan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 09:28 AM   #9
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Old 07-02-2007, 10:17 AM   #10
Flying Scot

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
To be clear .... are there laws on the books in Britan that takes away rights from minorities, or are you advocating there be laws to do so?

No, there are definately NOT laws to take away rights from minorities in the UK and please dont think that is a measure I would "like" to see take place. HOWEVER - I am in no way going to hide from the fact that my home country has MAJOR issues (more so than the US) simply because of the large Muslim population that reside there. And their belief is Allah is the ruler of ALL people and ALL nations so they refuse to reside in another country and accept that nations culture. By their own admittal many Muslims are attempting to convert the local governments to the ways of Allah and the Qur'an. So while I have the most respect for others and their beliefs/religion I can't respect a group of people who demand "rights" for building temples, "rights" to be clothed head to toe and "rights" for equality WHEN at the same time they are looking at me and my countrymen in my country saying "you are not Muslim, you are not equal with us, you are a route to evil, you will die a terrible death" and then try bomb me!!! - it's a modern day version of the crusades and we are all standing by and just watching it happen.

So to respond directly to your question - my point is we are in extreme times and it is going to require extreme measures to resolve. If that means a re-instatment of Christianity and a restriction to "foreign" religions then so be it. Who knows what the definative answer is, but I do know it isn't a pretty one.

One last point - You fly thru Newark airport, only but a few miles from the scene of 9/11 yet the American people manged to find it in their hearts to still place rooms within the terminals for private prayer and non christians.
In the UK Muslim ladies are permited to dress as they see fit according to their beliefs be it if at school with kids or shopping in town. Even after the bombings in London 2 years ago.

Please find me a non-Muslim female in Arabia (the birth of Islam) or in any other Muslim country where female "westerners" are permited to have such freedoms.
Please find me a chapel in one of their airports where (if your Christian) you can find refuge and a place to read the Bible.

The term double edge sword comes to mind - and I for one am sick of it!

www.jmoncur06.bebo.com
Old 07-02-2007, 10:27 AM   #11
logan5

Bike(s):

I agree with everything you said ... just was looking for clarification. I hate the fact that a minority can hold the majority hostage just because of refusal to integrate. My feeling is ... if you come to a country, you do so to become a part of that country, not to change it to be more like the one you left. If that were the case ... just go back.

My wife's familly fled here from communist Vietnam in boats ... they went through to live in this country. All the children learned to speak English and so did their mother. Sure you can hold on to your traditions, but there is a point where you just can't expect your new country to bend over backwards to accomodate you.
Old 07-02-2007, 11:46 AM   #12
Flying Scot

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

Quote:
Originally Posted by logan5
I agree with everything you said ... just was looking for clarification. I hate the fact that a minority can hold the majority hostage just because of refusal to integrate. My feeling is ... if you come to a country, you do so to become a part of that country, not to change it to be more like the one you left. If that were the case ... just go back.

My wife's familly fled here from communist Vietnam in boats ... they went through to live in this country. All the children learned to speak English and so did their mother. Sure you can hold on to your traditions, but there is a point where you just can't expect your new country to bend over backwards to accomodate you.

Exactly! You just manged to say what I meant in a lot fewer words!!!:notworthy

www.jmoncur06.bebo.com
Old 07-02-2007, 03:00 PM   #13
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

The clash of cultures and somebody is going to win. Sad truth is we are currently losing. If this country does not decide what its core values are soon there will no longer be a United States for me to call home.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:51 PM   #14
logan5

Bike(s):

It's the overbearing nature of the present day PC culture that allows for this situation to fester into something very dangerous.
Old 07-02-2007, 03:55 PM   #15
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

whats sad is that i was watching some news story, and they were talking about how the british gov't shouldn't have appointed tony blair as foreign affairs minister, becuase the muslims wouldn't like it. basically saying that the british gov't should cower down to what the muslim wanted. and they have a few more examples of what the british gov't SHOULD'NT have done......

what a bunch of BS
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 05:34 PM   #16
Flying Scot

Bike(s):
Triumph Daytona 650

so let me ask all of you - what do the general public like you and me do about it. We surely can't just sit back and watch our homes being terrorized can we?

www.jmoncur06.bebo.com
Old 07-03-2007, 01:59 PM   #17
Moody
Holy Smokes!

Feedback Rating: (4)

Bike(s):

Keep voicing are opinion to the hats sitting in Washington but who knows.... that is all we can do though. Otherwise, while all the Mexicans are heading here we may be heading there.

Open your eyes and reclaim the freedom you were born with. - Moody
Moody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 01:42 AM   #18
SexualChocolate
JapLac on 22s

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
998CCs of KING KONG...

Send a message via AIM to SexualChocolate
Just to clarify Islam makes up less than 1% of the religious community in Scotland. Throughout the Uk and Wales it makes up less than 3%. They might be trying to change the native cultural aspects, but at such a low level and quite honestly a general hatred among the inhabitants I doubt there will ever be any change.

Another clarification, a Muslim is still a Muslim. Whether it was 10 generations ago or now. It is the few that skew their followers (fundamentailists) are the ones that have made these horrific attacks possible. How can I say that, well it is simple. Their beliefs have not changed, just the interpretation has been used by a certain few to encite passions amongst their followers.

mybanner4a260100b5617
SexualChocolate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 09:29 AM   #19
Blue91

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
2010 White R6
2003 Silver R6 (sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via Yahoo to Blue91
Correct. Not all Muslims feel the same way as the terroristic kind. They don't all want to change the gov't, change the beliefs of others, etc. Most are trying to live their own lives in peace, believing what they believe and letting others believe what they want to believe. The radical Muslim minority is giving the entire religion a horrible name. The word "muslim" has negative meaning these days when most people hear it. :(

Blue91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 03:25 PM   #20
logan5

Bike(s):

It would help, if more of them would stand up and say something. Take a stand... let the rest of the world know that the terrorists don't speak for them ... because until it's done and done loud enough ... their silence will be (and has been) taken for acceptance.

Advertisement