MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Information > Events, Meets and Rides
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2015, 10:18 PM   #61
ferris bueller
ferris bueller

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
06 buell xb9r
92 fzr 660r streetfighter (totalled )
to many to list

ferris bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brenham Weekend Ride...10/3-4 Morgstang Events, Meets and Rides 43 10-04-2015 06:47 PM
Ride Sat 9/19...Brenham Morgstang Events, Meets and Rides 4 09-17-2015 04:21 AM
afternoon ride 23rd Lucar Events, Meets and Rides 10 10-23-2011 05:08 PM
Ride from HOH to Brenham - Sat. 03/15/08 Scorpio Events, Meets and Rides 1 03-15-2008 07:40 AM
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2015, 05:53 AM   #62
Morgstang

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferris bueller View Post
A special thanks to keith and Karen for the kindness and hospitality today. Much,much thanks for what y'all did!! Also that vid of my little girl is pretty awsome. She's a trooper. And can ride a bike!
That big ole smile on her face was priceless...Karen has found a new buddy...yall are welcome to come out anytime...did she try on that gear to see if it would fit?
Morgstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 07:35 AM   #63
ferris bueller
ferris bueller

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
06 buell xb9r
92 fzr 660r streetfighter (totalled )
to many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgstang View Post
That big ole smile on her face was priceless...Karen has found a new buddy...yall are welcome to come out anytime...did she try on that gear to see if it would fit?
I don't think so. But it looked like it would fit
ferris bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:08 AM   #64
SilverBullet

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2009 KTM 250SX
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

Good riding with ya'll and meeting some new faces. Felt cheated though as Tmax didn't wear his signature chaps. Had some lurkers requesting photos of that. Lol

Instead of riding to the beach when I left, I went to the forest. Weaved and zig zagged all the dirt forestry roads, then gravel roads to Shiro and some nice paved twisties before finally heading home. 454 miles on the day, so your short ride was just my appetizer. Got a rear flat 5 miles deep into the forest with nobody around. Plugged, aired up and rolling again in 10 minutes. Second plug for that tire and it's nearly a slick so time to change.

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 08:11 AM   #65
Morgstang

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2009 Yamaha FZ1
2008 ZX14

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverBullet View Post
Good riding with ya'll and meeting some new faces. Felt cheated though as Tmax didn't wear his signature chaps. Had some lurkers requesting photos of that. Lol

Instead of riding to the beach when I left, I went to the forest. Weaved and zig zagged all the dirt forestry roads, then gravel roads to Shiro and some nice paved twisties before finally heading home. 454 miles on the day, so your short ride was just my appetizer. Got a rear flat 5 miles deep into the forest with nobody around. Plugged, aired up and rolling again in 10 minutes. Second plug for that tire and it's nearly a slick so time to change.

_
We appreciate you "forcing" yourself to ride pavement with us...hehe...glad you came out...plug kits are a must
Morgstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 11:56 AM   #66
SilverBullet

Feedback Rating: (2)

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2009 KTM 250SX
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morgstang View Post
We appreciate you "forcing" yourself to ride pavement with us...hehe...glad you came out...plug kits are a must
Yep I had to use plugs many a time and have never had one fail on me either. Also the Slime electric pumps are very reliable.

I always enjoy riding pavement actually I ride a lot more pavement than dirt. Probably ten times as many miles its just I don't like to do pavement only. I like to mix it up with dirt in between to keep the ride interesting and go places that street bikes can't get to. Even when riding the Blue Ridge Parkway, Talimena, TOTD, Three Sisters, etc. Plenty of dirt road detours to take many with some cool water crossings also.

_

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement