Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-08-2015, 04:10 AM   #1
NewsBot

Feedback Rating: (0)

Yamaha Tech 3 confirm Espargaro for 2016

The 24yearold signs deal with Yamaha not Tech3

Yamaha Tech 3 confirm Espargaro for 2016

SPANISH rider Pol Espargaro will remain with the Monster Yamaha Tech 3 team for 2016 and therefore has extended his contract with Yamaha.

The Monster Yamaha Tech 3 Team have announced that their current rider and 2013 Moto2 World Champion Espargaro will remain with the team for the next season on-board the Yamaha YZR-M1 MotoGP machine.

This will be Espargaro's third year in the premier class with numerous notable performances, but after the 24-year-old smashed the Suzuka 8-Hours lap record and pole position time, Yamaha secured the deal not Tech 3.

“I’m happy, because renewing my contract with a factory like Yamaha is always going to be fantastic," said Espargaro.

"Yamaha gave me the opportunity to make my debut in MotoGP and together, I think we had a really good first season. This year we are working hard to improve our results that have not been as strong as we would have liked at this point of the year. However, next season there will be some important changes in the category, such as the alterations to the technical regulations and especially, the changing of the tyre supplier.

"From my point of view, the less you change with regards to the team and the bike, the easier it will be to adapt to all of this. Despite some tricky moments this year, I know the bike and I know I can continue to work well together with Yamaha and Tech3 in order to achieve our goals.

"This announcement is also fantastic following the success at Suzuka, where we undertook some really good work together that concluded in the victory that was great for Yamaha and also for my confidence. Therefore, I hope that this result and the renewal of my contract will help me for the nine races that we still have left in 2015, which is the most important thing for me to focus on right now.”

Espargaro's deal is not with Tech3 and is instead with Yamaha meaning a factory seat is in his sights at the end of 2016 as both Jorge Lorenzo's and Valentino Rossi's contracts will be up for renewal.

Current team-mate Bradley Smith is still waiting to hear where his future lies for 2016 as he awaits news on a contract.

Related Content

Pol Espargaro breaks collarbone during Qatar test
Smith and Espargaro to make Suzuka 8-Hour debut
Pol Espargaro makes impressive start with Tech 3
Espargaró signs for Tech 3 Yamaha MotoGP
Smith to remain with Tech3 for 2015

More...
NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement