MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-06-2015, 12:09 AM   #1
Mando
My backpacks got jets

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 600
'06 DRZ400SM (Sold, miss it)
2007 SV650S (Sold)

Anyone ever have a pinched nerve in their arm?

I am kind of worried I may have to give up riding. I have been having some medical issues lately, one of which is a pinched nerve to my right arm. When I get onto the riding position on my GSXR I start having an achey feeling (best way I know how to describe it) and after riding for 10 minutes, it is almost unbearable to have my arm in that position and twist the throttle. Due to this pressure on my nerve, I have been having a loss of strength to my right tricep as well.

I am just wondering if anyone has been in this situation, or one similar, and were they able to have it corrected to where there was no longer any pain. I haven't really been able to ride for the past couple of weeks and am starting to wonder if I should think about listing my bike. I just got the registration notice for it the other day and not sure if I should renew it.

Rider formerly known as The DRiZzle
Mando is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
The watch that excites women's every nerve! theManofRussia Off Topic 26 05-02-2012 11:23 PM
Nerve damage from a track day... E-Train General Discussion (Moto Related) 35 04-28-2011 03:10 PM
Trapped Nerve Grinchy Off Topic 30 05-07-2010 10:12 PM
Pinched nerve in Neck ?'s Help!! jetcycles Off Topic 26 09-29-2008 03:45 PM
The nerve of some people..... Los Off Topic 11 08-27-2006 07:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-06-2015, 06:14 AM   #2
Paul1098

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2010 Ducati Multistrada S
Ducati 916 Track

I'm not a doctor, but I'll play one on Motohouston. There's a fair chance that the problem is coming from you neck. If you, like me, have any disc/nerve impingement issues in the C5 thru T1 region, it can manifest itself as pain and weakness in the arm and hand. You need to go to a real doctor and get checked...it doesn't just go away.
Of course, I'm basing this "diagnosis" on my own experience and I could be completely wrong, but it's worth getting checked. Good luck.
Paul1098 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 08:42 AM   #3
walter_moreno

Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
08 yamaha r1
92 yamaha yzf 600
07 yamaha r6
06 suzuki gsxr 600
03 yamaha raptor 660

Yeah sounds like a herniated disk in your neck. I'm going thru it now after getting shoulder surgery n problem still persisted I got sent for an mri n results where 2 herniated disks on my neck. U have all sorts of nerves n body functions that are based off your spine between each disk there's nerves n those nerves control certain functions, if they're is swelling due to herniated disk or swelling those nerves that run between that disk pinch up n cause loss of function ,sharp pain like dislocation feeling, loss of strength, loss of motion, even trigger headaches depending on what disk is damaged. I had a herniated back and neck my neck was causing pain in my shoulder certain rotations where impossible certain lifts and pushes, was benching 3, 45 lb plates on each side of bar n am now reduced to 1 , 45 lb and a 1, 25 lb plate on each side of bar huge difference visual loss of body size n work function due to this injury , also had a herniated back Witch caused loss of function to my left leg every now n then n back sourness like a . They gave me a shot n it helped for my back n now I'm scheduled for a shot to the neck hopefully it works cause next step is surgery n that's some serious I would rather avoid. Sad part is I don't know how it happened I guess wear n tear I'm pretty rough n worked bust jobs since 17 oil field Riggs, plus I'm kinda an adrenaline junky always doing stupid , mma,stunting, off roadding, busted a couple of times but always got up n walked it off never felt anything serious except a motorcycle accident I had bout 6 yrs ago. Well long story short it's your neck bro don't settle for a your alright it'll go away cause it's not I waited a yr to finally do something about it.get n mri , x ray may not show right.
walter_moreno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 09:56 AM   #4
Mando
My backpacks got jets

Bike(s):
2006 GSX-R 600
'06 DRZ400SM (Sold, miss it)
2007 SV650S (Sold)

Well I have seen a neurologist and he wants me to get an mri. He is suspecting neck injury also but I have no idea from what. I just know right now I can't ride and am hating it. I am hoping this isn't a permanent thing.

Rider formerly known as The DRiZzle
Mando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 10:56 AM   #5
SideVinder650

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

i hardly ever get upper body cramps but on my SV650N (not even an S model) i get a weird cramp in my right leg where the pelvic bone meets the socket at your leg.

it starts to throb in pain and i can stand up (slightly) on the pegs, kick it around and it rarely if ever helps,

in some cases it begins to hurt so bad, and so quickly (literally out of nowhere) that it has in one or two instances become nearly dangerous for me to continue being on the bike when it happens. Most of the time it happens on the highway so theres no "easy and fast" way to pull over, safely, or off the highway exit to a safe parking lot somewhere.

i have to pull over, stand completely up and walk around for it to go away, it usually goes away immediatley, so i know it has something to do with the awkward position that my leg has gotten itself into while riding, which is werid because it didnt happen (often) in years past, and only seems to be a big issue in the past 2-3 years.

i dont understand why this happens but it must be a pinched nerve or muscle cramp, or something there causing this issue that i have been dealing with to varying degrees on each bike i have ridden

its shown itself to be most discomforting on the SV650N, i'd only imagine on race bikes or supersports where you sit even more tucked that the pain would be even more profound.

Last edited by SideVinder650; 08-06-2015 at 10:58 AM.
SideVinder650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2015, 11:35 AM   #6
pbfoot

Bike(s):
2006 Kawasaki ZG1000

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul1098 View Post
I'm not a doctor, but I'll play one on Motohouston. There's a fair chance that the problem is coming from you neck. If you, like me, have any disc/nerve impingement issues in the C5 thru T1 region, it can manifest itself as pain and weakness in the arm and hand. You need to go to a real doctor and get checked...it doesn't just go away.
Of course, I'm basing this "diagnosis" on my own experience and I could be completely wrong, but it's worth getting checked. Good luck.
I have a plate at C4/C5. That is why I don't ride sport bikes anymore. Like walter, I had bust jobs for 30 years when mine finally went bad.
pbfoot is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement