Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|08-03-2015, 01:00 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Thurxton race two results
Brookes makes it a perfect weekend confirming his Showdown place whilst Byrne struggles
JOSH Brookes claimed the double victory at Thruxton this weekend for Milwaukee Yamaha putting him 12-points ahead of Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne in the Championship standings and confirms his Showdown position.
Brookes hit the fornt of the pack on the opening lap ahead of American John Hopkins and Byrne. Hopkins set out on his hunt for the lead, but the Australian was set on making a break from the rest of the field.
Byrne came under attack from Howie Mainwaring, but the defending champion reclaimed his position at the Club Chicane before the Nissan GT-R Safety Car was deployed as Jack Kennedy crashed out at Campbell.
With five laps remaining the race resumed with a bunched up pack. Mossey made a flying start and moved into second ahead of Linfoot, but Byrne wasn’t giving up on a podium position without a fight as he made a move on Linfoot to move into third.
On the 18th of 20 laps Byrne had moved second, but BSB rookie Mossey made an impressive move on the PBM Kawasaki rider by taking the outside line into the Club Chicane. The defending champion made the same move a lap later down the inside into the final chicane.
Mossey moved back ahead of Byrne at Brooklands only for the four-time champion to take it back on the run out of Church. Byrne defended hard to hold second as Brookes secured the victory.
Tommy Bridewell bounced back from his huge race one crash to claim fourth place and move back inside the top six in the standings for Tyco BMW, holding off Linfoot and his team-mate Michael Laverty.
Mainwaring finished in seventh place ahead of Martin Jessopp who claimed his strongest finish whilst Lee Jackson and Josh Waters completed the top ten.
Race two results:
1. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha
2. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki +5.580s
3. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +5.766s
4. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW +7.821s
5. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing +8.558s
6. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +9.020s
7. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +9.323s
8. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +9.405s
9. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +9.621s
10. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki +9.699s
11. Ian Hutchinson GBR PBM Kawasaki +10.116s
12. Chris Walker GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki +10.841s
13. Adam Jenkinson AUS Milwaukee Yamaha +10.961s *
14. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +12.238s
15. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW +16.341s
16. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki +17.320s
17. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW +17.474s
18. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +18.440s
19. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha +26.895s
20. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki +27.689s
21. Barry Burrell GBR Gearlink Kawasaki +27.980s
22. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +34.245s
DNF. John Hopkins USA Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati
DNF. Danny Buchan GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki
DNF. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki
DNF. Richard Cooper GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki
DNF. James Westmoreland GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki
DNF. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race two results
BSB 2015: Donington Park race two results
BSB 2015: Donington Park race one results
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch Indy race one results
BSB 2015: Oulton Park race one results