Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2015, 02:01 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Easton Its only a leg injury I feel extremely lucky

The Hawick rider crashed out at Hawthorn corner at over 140mph

Easton Its only a leg injury I feel extremely lucky

PBM Kawasaki's Stuart Easton has said he feels 'extremely lucky' to have escaped the 140mph+ crash at Brands Hatch on Sunday with just a broken ankle and ligament damage.

Easton crash at Hawthorn corner on Sunday at over 140mph exactly where his team-mate Shane Byrne crashed just a couple of laps later. The Hawick rider was taken to the medical centre before being transported to King's Hospital in London where it was later confirmed he had a lower leg fracture and ligament damage to his knee.

"I was feeling confident coming into the weekend although we had a few issues getting the bike how I wanted it," explained Easton. "I was happy after qualifying although we had a technical problem during morning warm-up which meant we had to change engines.

"I was feeling good in the race then all of a sudden I was flying and I've only suffered an injury to my leg, all things considered I was extremely lucky. We'll see exactly what the damage is and I hope to be back and challenging again soon."

Easton currently sits in a Showdown position after claiming four podium finished this season including a win at Oulton Park. Despite a good start to the season, it has not yet been confirmed how long Easton will need to fully recover.

Technical Director Phil Borley said: "Unfortunately, it looks like Stuart has broken some bones in his ankle and we're just awaiting further diagnosis to find the full extent of the damage.

"We've checked the bike and haven't found anything untoward but it's a real shame for Stuart, especially as it wasn't his fault, as he'd been riding so well so, hopefully, he won't be out for too long and will be able to maintain his top six position."

Related Content

Byrne and Easton re-sign with PBM
Byrne confirmed at PBM alongside Easton in BSB
Five minutes with Stuart Easton
Easton aiming for 2012 comeback
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch race two results

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote