Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|07-20-2015, 05:21 AM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
WSBK 2015 Laguna Seca race one results
Chaz Davies blitzes the field and wins by 1798s
DUCATI’S Chaz Davies has won the opening race of the day at Laguna Seca after a lights to flag display saw the British rider take the win by 1.798s.
The day started off with a wet warm-up as the riders took to the track for the first time with Kawasaki’s Jonathan Rea fastest in the tricky conditions.
By race one, the sun was shining and the track had dried, allowing for Davies to make the perfect start and gain a 1.6s lead by the end of lap five.
The Kawasaki pairing of Tom Sykes and Rea gave chase, but they were unable to match the pace of Davies. At the flag, second and third place went to Sykes and Rea respectively after they both pushed each other to the limit.
Davide Giugiano finished in a lonely fourth place for the Aruba.it Racing team after regrouping from a poor start. The Italian started from the front row ahead of Jordi Torres, who finished fifth.
Alex Lowes claimed sixth after Leon Haslam slid out of contention, while the reigning champion Sylvain Guintoli put the Pata Honda seventh ahead of his team-mate and reigning World Supersport champion Michael van der Mark.
Leandro Mercado finished ninth aboard the Barni Racing Ducati. The Argentinian rider was recovering from a huge crash earlier in the weekend.
Tenth place went to Leon Camier with Randy de Puniet and Roman Ramos completing the top 12.
Race one results:
1. Chaz Davies GBR Aruba.it Racing Ducati
2. Tom Sykes GBR Kawasaki Racing +1.798
3. Jonathan Rea GBR Kawasaki Racing +2.107
4. Davide Giugliano ITA Aruba.it Racing Ducati +15.954
5. Jordi Torres ESP Red Devils Roma Aprilia +19.661
6. Alex Lowes GBR Voltcom Crescent Suzuki +24.431
7. Sylvain Guintoli FRA PATA Honda World Superbike +26.971
8. Michael van der Mark NED PATA Honda World Superbike +35.428
9. Leandro Mercado ARG Barni Ducati +41.261
10. Leon Camier GBR MV Agusta +44.583
11. Randy de Puniet FRA Voltcom Crescent Suzuki +52.748
12. Roman Ramos ESP GO Eleven Kawasaki +54.906
13. Leon Haslam GBR Red Devils Roma Aprilia +1:18.150
14. Christophe Ponsson FRA Pedercini Kawasaki +1:20.220
15. Gianluca Vizziello ITA Grillini Kawasaki ZX-10R +1 lap
16. Imre Toth HUN Team Toth BMW +1 lap
17. David Salom ESP Pedercini Kawasaki +1 lap
DNF. Santiago Barragan ESP Grillini Kawasaki
DNF. Gabor Rizmayer HUN Team Toth BMW
DNF. Ayrton Badovini ITA BMW Italia
DNF. Matteo Baiocco ITA Althea Ducati
DNF. Niccolò Canepa ITA Althea Ducati
WSB 2015: Phillip Island race one results
WSB 2015: Phillip Island race two results
WSBK 2015: Thailand race one results
WSBK 2015: Thailand race two results
WSBK 2015: championship standings after Phillip Island