Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!
If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.
|FREE MH Decals by MAIL!|
Share This Thread:
|Subscribe to this Thread||Thread Tools|
|07-19-2015, 04:30 PM||#1|
Join Date: Nov 2008
Feedback Rating: (0)
BSB 2015 Brands Hatch race two results
Brookes does the double at Brands Hatch
JOSH Brookes has claimed the double win at this weekend’s British Superbike round at Brands Hatch with a battered and bruised Shane ‘Shakey’ Byrne taking second.
Byrne led from pole position after the PBM Kawasaki team got him back on track after his 150mph crash in the opening race. The Championship leader led the pack from Brookes, James Ellison and Richard Cooper.
Brookes was hunting Byrne and shadowing him over the opening laps and on the eighth lap the Milwaukee Yamaha rider pulled a move at Druids to hit the front of the pack.
Brookes was holding off Byrne, but the chasing pack were making their move with Cooper, Ellison and the Tyco BMWs of Tommy Bridewell and Michael Laverty following suit. However, Bridewell crashed out unhurt at Surtees.
Byrne was trying to regain the lead but Brookes had the edge to claim his second win of the day. Cooper again shined scoring his best result of his career on the Anvil Hire TAG Kawasaki ahead of Ellison.
Laverty held on to fifth ahead of Smiths BMW's Billy McConnell who gave the team their best finish of sixth.
Race two results:
1. Josh Brookes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha
2. Shane Byrne GBR PBM Kawasaki +3.434
3. Richard Cooper GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +4.616
4. James Ellison GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +6.887
5. Michael Laverty GBR Tyco BMW +8.284
6. Billy McConnell AUS Smiths Racing BMW +14.741
7. Luke Mossey GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +14.930
8. Christian Iddon GBR Bennetts Suzuki +15.296
9. Jason O'Halloran AUS Honda Racing +16.647
10. Broc Parkes AUS Milwaukee Yamaha +18.077
11. Lee Jackson GBR Buildbase BMW +19.920
12. Jack Kennedy IRE Team WD-40 Kawasaki +20.091
13. Peter Hickman GBR RAF Reserves BMW +25.992
14. James Westmoreland GBR JG Speedfit Kawasaki +26.088
15. Martin Jessopp GBR Riders Motorcycles BMW +33.220
16. Filip Backlund GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +33.558
17. Howie Mainwaring GBR Quattro Plant Kawasaki +33.605
18. Ryuichi Kiyonari JPN Buildbase BMW +36.845
19. Josh Waters AUS Bennetts Suzuki +37.456
20. Taylor Mackenzie GBR Team WD-40 Kawasaki +49.012
21. Shaun Winfield GBR Anvil Hire TAG Racing Kawasaki +1:07.809
22. Jenny Tinmouth GBR Honda Racing +1:10.613
23. Aaron Zanotti GBR A-Plant Yamaha +1:16.898
24. Rhalf Lo Turco BRZ SBK City Kawasaki +1 lap
DNF. Chris Walker GBR Be Wiser Kawasaki
DNF. John Hopkins USA Lloyds British Moto Rapido Ducati
DNF. Tommy Bridewell GBR Tyco BMW
DNF. Jed Metcher AUS PR Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Lee Costello GBR Morello Racing Kawasaki
DNF. Dan Linfoot GBR Honda Racing
DNF. Michael Rutter GBR Gearlink Kawasaki
BSB 2014: Brands Hatch race 1 results
BSB 2014: Brands Hatch race 2 results
BSB 2014: Brands Hatch race 3 results
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch Indy race one results
BSB 2015: Brands Hatch Indy race two results