Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-15-2015, 02:20 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

$17,000 raised at Top Golf event for Wade Smith Foundation

It was an unforgettable party as former Houston Texans player Wade Smith and local celebrities came together to play golf to support Smith and his foundation. The sold out event raised about $17,000.

The Wade Smith Foundation is about bringing awareness to childhood literacy in the Houston Community by providing today's youth with the necessary tools to prepare them for the real world

The NFL veteran and pro bowler says he's always impressed by the overflowing support of his former teammates and friends.

"When you think about it, the city of Houston, the celebrities, the local celebrities they tend to, and I'm kind of proud of this, really proud of this, the fact they always support each other. Two weeks ago, I was at Chester Pitts event, at a bowling event raising money for his foundation. Travis Johnson has a foundation. Brian Cushing, Duane Brown, all these different people in the city come out to and help one another," Smith said.

"Whenever there are children involved, it's something that helping to enrich youth, I'm all for it. That's something that he's really dedicated himself to, and I'm here to help him out," Houston Texans offensive tackle Duane Brown said.

Charitabulls, an organization that supports nonprofits, hosted the event at Top Golf Monday night where big names like former Houston Texans player Chester Pitts and current Texans players Brown and Garrett Graham and radio personalities Devy Dev and Sarah Pepper among many others were in attendance.
But in the end, it was all about the kids.

"This is a situation where we are raising money for our Smitty Scholarship Program at the Wade Smith Foundation. It's something that is really near and dear to my heart, and an opportunity for us to give back to the outgoing seniors in Houston," Smith said. 

Smith realizes he owes his success to those who chose to help him along the way, and through his foundation, he now has the opportunity to give back.

For more information about the Wade Smith Foundation, visit

img1 WadeSmithevent1 mp4 mp4

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote