MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #161
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Sequoia is a DEFINATE bucket list item! Are there any tree tours out there, or better yet any tree top hiking with rope bridges between trees? That would be awesome!

And as always, GREAT READ and pictures! You'll be a professional photographer in no time!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chronicles of Bruiser--Tales of a Street Sweeper DLite Off Topic 2 09-16-2011 08:56 PM
Mr Bean , who would have ever thunk RACER X Car Forum 2 08-11-2011 01:01 PM
still more squidly gixxer tales craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-02-2011 06:07 AM
Tales from the Hood... Scorpio General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-09-2009 05:37 AM
bean bag prank SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 4 12-08-2005 12:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 05-20-2016, 11:14 AM   #162
pigfarmer
Banned

Feedback Rating: (0)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 07:47 PM   #163
Absalom

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Sequoia is a DEFINATE bucket list item! Are there any tree tours out there, or better yet any tree top hiking with rope bridges between trees? That would be awesome!

And as always, GREAT READ and pictures! You'll be a professional photographer in no time!
Hey man appreciate the input and always following along, really means a lot to me people are willing to read chat with me. I don't think so- they take these trees very seriously. Lots of signs saying stay away from the bases because it will damage the roots and yada yada. I know rangers host hikes and stuff and tell you all about it. A zipline tour would be incredible through there for sure!

PigFarmer- you just need to keep a catalogue of GIFs on you and start communicating that way. Keep em coming.

To everyone else thanks for following as well! Yall rock. New post coming in!
Absalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-01-2016, 08:55 PM   #164
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Woohoo we are moving yall! California was fantastic, cant say enough good things about it. Currently in Oregon on a mushroom farm learning to grow and cultivate mushrooms! And no.. not those kind.

So we left off in sequoia and I shot over to Big Sur! This would be my second stop there on this trip (first was without the bike if you recall in earlier posts) and still just as amazing. Hitting that coast line on the bike was the ! Man what an awesome ride, one of the most beautiful roads in the world and I got to cruise it. What the heck did I do to get this lucky? Spent two nights in Big Sur with my bud and then headed north with my buddy driving behind me for a quick stop in Santa Cruz for food and to check out the scenery.
IMG 20160516 194842
Santa Cruz sea lions. Things were hilarious.
DSC 0667 1

We stopped to get gas somewhere and came across a group of old school porches, jags and a few other old school cars doing a 1000 mile trip called the Targa California. Some sweet rides for sure, I was drooling. Especially the old Jags, things were baaaaaad. Heres just a few shots for you to drool over as well.
No turn unstoned. Tales from The Bean
The Jags were my favorite.
The Mini Cooper was pretty badass as well.
Alfa Romeo I think? Really liked this bad boy
Cool Fiat
Took a ton more pictures of all the sweet rides but there were just a few that I really liked

Cool time talkin to all those old dudes, looked like they were having a blast.
So on to SF we went for a night there. Got to ride the Golden Gate and walk around Haight-Ashbury to take a look at where all those crazy LSD filled hippies were behaving in all sorts of naughty ways in the 60's and 70's. Stay groovy friends

Onwards north we went! Stopped by one of the coolest beaches ive ever seen. Black Sands! Really dug this place.
IMG 20160521 110423

Just a lighthouse I really liked along the way. Also my new favorite flower.
IMG 20160520 012619
IMG 20160521 230357

Man what a ride it was getting up north, nothing but pure beauty on all sides. Its like it wasn't even real at some parts. Nothing but smiles and bliss along the way. Buddy and I split but I was told I should treat myself and stop at the Benbo Inn. Nothing in this town besides this place really, was built in the early 1900's. Tons of cool history throughout and they treat you like a king! Amazing food to top it off. O ya and in your room they leave you a nice glass or two of sherry for you to enjoy. And the second fill up in on the house as well- I got to feeling good that night with the sherry and a cigar to enjoy. Highly recommend this place if you're ever passing through.

Really enjoyed my stay and didn't wanna leave but the next day I was off to the Mushroom farm I got in contact with! Rode through the Avenue of the Giants which was just to cool. Epic ride for sure. So here we have been for the past week watching and learning so I can do this myself someday. Some White Elm coming out of the 10gallon trash bags they use to grow.
Went with them to work the farmers market on Saturday in Eugene. Best market ive ever been to. Heres our setup we sold out quick. Morels for daaaaays!

Ahh yes almost forgot. I came across this lovely peacock and while I was watching him I thought to myself what can I learn from this beauty? What I saw was to act graceful in whatever I do, to let my colors shine at all times, to be honest with myself and others through my actions and my words. That just because others may see you as crazy and different doesn't mean anything- perhaps they are the ones that are crazy.. So be honest with yourself- What do you want in this world and how are you going to achieve it?
IMG 20160517 155436
Liked this post:
Old 06-01-2016, 09:46 PM   #165
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Such an unbelievable journey man, keep it up! One day my boys and I will take a trip of a lifetime like yours.
Old 06-01-2016, 10:36 PM   #166
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
Such an unbelievable journey man, keep it up! One day my boys and I will take a trip of a lifetime like yours.
Thanks so much! Its post like these that really show me how lucky i am to be doing what im doing. Now that would be a journey riding with the sons, Get after it!
Old 06-03-2016, 11:08 AM   #167
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

I'm hoping that one day the wife and I can make a similar journey. The way you're going, you may end up in South America farming thousands of acres of fruits and vegetables!
Quote:
Old 06-03-2016, 08:38 PM   #168
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
I'm hoping that one day the wife and I can make a similar journey. The way you're going, you may end up in South America farming thousands of acres of fruits and vegetables!
Do it! Wont ever regret it.. Man thats the plan, i really would love to end up in South america. Costa rica is callin me for sure, we shall see!
Liked this post:
Old 06-13-2016, 04:46 PM   #169
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Bonjour everyone! Just a quick update to let everyone know where I'm at. I arrived in Vancouver two days ago ready to start surely the most epic riding of the trip so far. We still have a long haul to reach Alaska and I am ready- a little nervous but ready for sure. Woke up yesterday and started the longest day ride of my trip so far- a little over 850kilometers from Vancouver to Prince George where I'm currently at about to head out for another long ride. Not sure in miles as my GPS has made the switch but it was a long day! Overcast and chilly for most part of the ride with a few spots of rain. Today looks a little prettier so it should be nice. We shall see where I end up today but hoping to reach the prophet river area (700 km). Got my coffee and breakfast in me so it's about time to rock and roll out. Later yall!

IMG 20160611 172920 zpsv12q4ano
Liked this post:
Old 06-14-2016, 06:55 AM   #170
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Wish you the best out there! Don't get eaten by an Orca if you stop by the sea!
Quote:
Liked this post:
Old 06-17-2016, 08:53 PM   #171
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Hello motohouston! Have been ready for this post since I started this blog and the epic journey I have been on. What a ride it has been! It has surely not been easy but we have come out stronger than ever. So first let me just go ahead and say YES! I have arrived in the most beautiful place I have ever seen, ALASKA!

Now that I have that out of the way- we will start with the ride that landed me here. Its hard to believe I am here. The emotions are running high as this was the most difficult yet most rewarding thing I have ever done in my short 23 years of life on this earth. For me this was huge as I am still a kid (although I think the trick to life is to stay young forever) but growing everyday mentally and physically, finding myself through trial and error. This is what I set out to do though- find these pieces of me I didn't know I had. So here we go. Like I stated in the post above I arrived in Vancouver after a very tough border crossing, guards wanted to know my whole life story and yada yada.. was sweating this for a while as I have charges on my record and didn't know if I would get through. Sure enough after about an hour of searching my bike and endless questions they decided to let me through- they didn't leave out they had every reason to turn me around right now but they didn't see any harm in me so on I went! Whew! I decided to get a good night rest as well as a shower so I found a place to Air b&b. They fed me and gave me a nice cozy bed, was what I needed before I started the long haul. Woke up ready to conquer this beast and made it to Prince George for the night.

Leaving Prince George I set out for the Prophet River area, caught a bad case of the sleepiness so I had to pull off at a camp and rest area for a quick break. Layed on the ground and ended up passing out for a few hours. No biggy as it stays light forever out here. I really like this as I really hate night riding and it gives you a few extra hours of light to ride in, also a few extra hours of sleep in the morning if you want it! I'm not a morning person so this was good for me. Didn't make it to prophet but found a nice free campsite on my app at Ingla Lake. Nobody there and was a nice place to sit back make some dinner and soak in the days ride. The rain started coming in about two hours in and had to battle through it the whole day. This was camp for the night.

Good nights rest and even got to sleep in a little bit, woke up and the sky did not look pretty again. I knew today was going to be tough and it sure was. Rainy and cold aaaalll day, it did get me down at a few points. The few spots of sun did help to raise the spirits when I needed it though. The goal today was to make it to the Liard hot springs and relax the body and mind. Eventually after many hours of hard riding we made it to the most beautiful hot spring I have ever been in, this place was something else! Got to soaking for a loooong time with the rain falling around and then found camp with a bunch of other motorcycle friends, was nice to sit and chat with them. All really good folks.

Slept like a bear after the hot springs, woke up to more rain heading for Whitehorse in the Yukon. The landscape really started to get huge! Was completely blown away by everything around me. Well the whole highway was beautiful even with the rain. Nothing but you, nature and the open road. Wildlife was abundant- plenty of bear, moose and bison were sighted! Hard to describe the feelings you get. Although I'm sure many of you know the feeling. If I were to describe the ride though- its kind of like that part in The Dark Side of The Moon (the great gig in the sky) when the girl just starts belting at the top of her lungs. Just pure raw emotion.. I felt a lot of things, some bad, some good and some extrodinary. At times I wanted to cry, the endless three days of rain was kicking my . Tears don't come so a huge roar into the sky was my fix. Lots of Zeppelin, Rush and Pink Floyd to help me get through the rain. Every corner you turn is picture worthy, didn't get many because of all the rain and I was also just in the flow of things. Made it to Whitehorse later in the evening ready for a much needed beer so I stopped at the first bar I came across. They had karaeke going that night, made a few lady friends and sang a few Beatles tunes. Decided to ask if they had a couch for me to crash on, sure enough they said for sure! Was able to get a dry place to crash for the night and to dry out all of my gear. Was a good refresher. Really appreciated the generosity.

Woke up feeling good as I looked out and saw clear skies! Leaving Whitehorse I had Alaska in my sights! This was the most beautiful day of riding I have ever experienced, mountains all around as you get closer and closer to Alaska. I knew I was in for something special and it really was. Nothing but pure good riding, the miles tick by fast and the riding is better than . Well you know sort of.. a few shots I took along the ride when I felt like stopping. Sorry theres not more, was just digging the ride!
IMG 20160616 194541

We slowly got closer to Alaska, as I pulled over for some gas I got to talking to someone who was interested in my journey as he saw my Texas plates. After a little chatting he says he has some work for me if I need in Haines, AK. A little work couldn't hurt so sure enough here we are in Haines! Arrived later yesterday and what a feeling it was! Had to throw a fist in the air and give out my best victory howl. Beyond grateful to have arrived safely, the ride was hard but we have grown for sure. Work will start on Tuesday so I'm currently at the state park in the area. Got the bike rigged up with a fishing pole holder and a tackle box so I am ready to tap into my wild side! Its been a long time since I have eaten any kind of meat so I'm more than ready to catch some fish and devour it. Anything goes for me now that I'm here! I'm eating it all. People would ask me why am I going to Alaska? Theres many reasons why of course.. but my response was always just to go eat some fish. No luck today but I'm about to head back about. Heres the campsite for the next few days

To everyone who has followed along thank you so much, this has been a dream of mine and I love that I had a place to share it with others who were genuinely interested. This isn't the end just yet, but a major milestone it was, thank you again. Ride on my friends!
Liked this post:
Old 06-17-2016, 09:07 PM   #172
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Wow! What an amazing trip! Thanks for sharing...

Why were they so hard on you at the border?
Old 06-17-2016, 09:16 PM   #173
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Wow! What an amazing trip! Thanks for sharing...

Why were they so hard on you at the border?
I was told by everyone they are tough getting in. I dunno they just wanted to know everything about me, my funds, my destination, why was I going yada yada.. even made me call my grandpa and assure them that if anything were to happen he could get me out of there hahaha. It was a trip.
Old 06-18-2016, 07:19 AM   #174
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Congrats on making the destination. Love the relatively care free spirit along the way. The random jobs to make a little scratch. The pics! Wish I could see it in person, but have to settle for living it through your eyes for the time being. What kind of work you doing short term this go 'round? Filleting salmon?
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2016, 03:46 PM   #175
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
Congrats on making the destination. Love the relatively care free spirit along the way. The random jobs to make a little scratch. The pics! Wish I could see it in person, but have to settle for living it through your eyes for the time being. What kind of work you doing short term this go 'round? Filleting salmon?
Thanks brotha! Get out here when you have the chance, fricken amazing. And yup exactly, going to be interesting for me!
Old 06-18-2016, 04:05 PM   #176
TomballD

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

Bad as always
Old 06-26-2016, 10:31 PM   #177
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Alrighty Everyone! Just a quick update on the adventures of The Bean.

Alaska has been nothing short of unbelievable and were just getting started! Like I stated in the previous post I made my way into Haines and had a few days of chilling before I started work on Tuesday which has been quite the experience so far. I'm working at a fish processing plant cleaning and gutting crab, salmon and halibut. Ive probably killed more than most of you will kill in your lifetime now lol..

This is the boat harbor in Haines. Quiet town of about 2500, really enjoying this place!

I had a good amount of free time so I got to start some of the things I was so interested in doing! Fishing and wild gathering foods being the main hook. I rigged up the trusty stead with a pvc fishing pole holder then went out to get my pole, luers, license and waders! I was totally ready to catch some fresh fish and eat the first piece of meat that would enter my body after 2 1/2 years. I did lots of hunting and fishing as I kid- but I will always remember the feeling I got when I killed something. I didn't like it- always felt bad so I stopped doing the sorts of things around the age 13. Obviously many years later I have a new mind set and view on the world, so I was ready to try this again. To feel the cycle of life that surrounds us all, to be in-tune with nature and the wilderness. Killing comes with part of that so I was ready and quite anxious to experience this! So on we went to reel in my first catch- well so I thought.

No luck on the first night but I thoroughly enjoyed just standing in the river casting out my line and reeling it back in hoping for that first bite! Went out the next day and was not expecting what I was about to receive- the most epic dinner of my life! I was told that Dolly Varden would be my most likely catch (trout family) and so it was! The adrenaline started racing as I realized I had a fish on the line so we started reeling him in. Seeing the fish on the hook I turned into a little school girl filled with excitement. My first Alaskan catch! Pulled the pretty fish out of the water on headed up to where my bike was stationed along the river to grab my cooking gear and get ready for this. I set my fish down along a flat rock and watched the life leave his body as he struggled for water (me being the compassionate being I am I apologized many times to him for what I was about to do.) This was a very intimate experience for me so I gave my thanks to the most high and accepted this fish as a sacrifice to my own life. I was also conveniently parked right next to a huge patch of wild salmon berries so I figured I would grab a few while I let him pass into the after life. An epic dinner indeed so far. So I came back and pulled out my filet knife and took off my meat that I was about to fry up! I grabbed the rest of my fish remains and hucked em into the river. As soon as they touched a giant Bald Eagle came down and swooped up the remains, an easy dinner for him tonight! I was absolutely mind blown as this was my first eagle sighting and in such an epic fashion! Truly beautiful animals they are, just couldn't believe it. He must of been scoping out me and my dinner for a few minutes now! This is the I came for! And so it was my first true Alaskan dinner was shared with a Bald Eagle!

Heres the beauty I shared dinner with.
edited 1466319333097

View from the work space
IMG 20160624 000624

Also came across some wild strawberries next to the work space. This was a first for me, could pick these all day and still not get them all! Life is goooood!
IMG 20160622 215155

The eagles are frequent here at work, this one was pretty young.
IMG 20160620 171337

Now just a few shots I have grabbed. Heres an Alaskan 10pm.

Some cool clouds over mountains.
DSC 0833 1

Weeeeeeell that should be about it for now unless any other cool pops up. This dude is tired- today was crab killing and gutting day yaaaay... On the plus side ive been enjoying the out of all the fresh fish and crab I can get my hands on. So I'ma cook up some salmon burgers tonight, read a little harry potter and hit the hay. Peace out yall! Thanks for stopping in as always. May the force be with you!

Last edited by Absalom; 06-26-2016 at 10:33 PM.
Liked this post:
Old 06-27-2016, 04:46 PM   #178
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

What a journey!!!! I'm extremely happy for you and all the feats you have overcome. You have certainly brought new ideas to me and I am thankful for the additional bucket list ideas. I hope you find more joy out there! You ought to fish for halibut, I heard they are pretty big out there and the fight is outrageous... just don't freak out when someone has to put it out with a bat. They have been known to break bones and whatnot from the trashing and flopping on deck. Keep on, keeping on!!! We will stay tuned!
Quote:
Old 07-08-2016, 11:55 PM   #179
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
What a journey!!!! I'm extremely happy for you and all the feats you have overcome. You have certainly brought new ideas to me and I am thankful for the additional bucket list ideas. I hope you find more joy out there! You ought to fish for halibut, I heard they are pretty big out there and the fight is outrageous... just don't freak out when someone has to put it out with a bat. They have been known to break bones and whatnot from the trashing and flopping on deck. Keep on, keeping on!!! We will stay tuned!
Thank you brother!

At the processing plant I was at we went out and bought some to fillet and package. I was mind blown! Fricken monsters, I could only imagine the fight! One of the suckers weighed more than me.. 160lbs! I was told they can get up to 400, absolutely insane but very pretty fish!

Wow! Well today marks my 1year anniversary of Leaving Houston on my Klr heading for the most epic journey and year of my life. Feeling beyond grateful today for the life I have been able to live. That being said I left Haines on the 2nd heading for Denali National park as this was kind of my goal when I set out for this adventure. I finished the rest of the Alcan highway and arrived on the 4th and it's absolutely beautiful! Haven't got to explore the park or hike yet as I started work the following day. Currently making breakfasts for the Grande lodge- some really good food! Tomorrow I have a day off so I will be taking on a nice hike to the top of the mountain that sits outside my balcony. Ready for some adventure! Just popping in to "cheers" to my year mark. The season ends here September 18th and my mom will be getting married on the 30th. So it's looking like a farrie ride to Washington then booking it all the way home! This will probably be it until that time comes, keep up the adventure everyone!

Re-entering Alaska after the finish of the Alcan.

Denali! Cheers yall!
Liked this post:
Old 07-09-2016, 12:17 AM   #180
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Cheers