MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 04-22-2016, 08:19 PM   #141
Absalom

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Howdy everyone! Got to a little later start than I wanted to due to the snow storm in Colorado that just passed, but weve got off to a pretty good start now and it feels good to be back.

Started the trip with a straight shot to Moab, Utah to hit Arches and Canyonlands. Pretty nice out here, Arches was cool. HUGE rock formations- lots to look at. Didn't get as much exploring in as I would of like to here because I'm on a time crunch to get to a Burn (similar to burning man but a lot smaller) in Arizona on the 27th so my stops have been short but sweet. O ya- lost my gopro on the mountain this year, I took a pretty good tumble through a few feet of pow so I decided to buy a real camera and pursue some photography, have been wanting to for a while now either way so I hope to bring you some good shots. Still learning how real cameras work so be patient and they should get better with time. We have arrived!
IMG 20160420 181725
"Delicate arch"
No turn unstoned. Tales from The Bean
"Balanced rock"
Unfortunately my camera and phone died and missed a bunch of shots I wanted but it is what it is!

Next stop was Canyonlands! Neat place- did a night of backcountry backpacking in the canyon, put down 15miles today. I am beat!
[URL=http://s738.photobucket.com/user/sawyer530/media/DSC_0073.jpg.html][IMG]
Start of the hike in the pic above, you can see the trail down below. I camped on that third peninsula that jets out.
Met this awesome couple driving this VW all the way from Argentina to Alaska. Now that's a trip!
So ya im currently in Moab getting some much needed grub and BEER! Wanted to make it to Zion today but that's not going to happen, one more night here and ill be off in the morning. Let the adventures roll! Its dinner time for this dude.

Take care everyone! Ill be back

Last edited by Absalom; 04-22-2016 at 08:22 PM.
Absalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chronicles of Bruiser--Tales of a Street Sweeper DLite Off Topic 2 09-16-2011 08:56 PM
Mr Bean , who would have ever thunk RACER X Car Forum 2 08-11-2011 01:01 PM
still more squidly gixxer tales craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-02-2011 06:07 AM
Tales from the Hood... Scorpio General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-09-2009 05:37 AM
bean bag prank SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 4 12-08-2005 12:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 04-22-2016, 10:11 PM   #142
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Enjoy Zion, I spent lots of time hiking.

Definitely hit up the Angles landing climb..a bit hairy but so so cool.
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2016, 10:24 PM   #143
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Enjoy Zion, I spent lots of time hiking.

Definitely hit up the Angles landing climb..a bit hairy but so so cool.
Will do man! Thanks for the info, only have a short time at every park so hoping to hit the best spots while im there.
Old 04-22-2016, 10:47 PM   #144
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

werd
Old 04-27-2016, 05:53 AM   #145
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

"The universe is our buffet and we're always on the universal delivery hotline, so be clear about what you're ordering."

I was talking to a friend of mine a few days ago and this was said to me. What's it mean though? Well to me- we have the power to sculpt the reality and the world around us to our liking. Its like the law of attraction, when we start thinking about certain things they start to appear in our lives more and more whether we want them to or not. Our thoughts, actions and words all get projected into this universal conscious flow of life (I like to think of the universe as a giant brain, we can call it ) that ripples outwards and comes right back around. For the past seven months I have had one thing on my mind- and that is one huge plate of ALASKA please! Anything in between is up in the air and bound to change at any time, which is all part of the flow when you let go and let be. I'm not saying you're always going to get what you seek but when you are clear minded and positive it will come to you in same way shape or form. You just might not be able to see why things are happening the way they are at the time.

Now I wont lie everything has not been peaches and cream this past week. Its been pretty difficult honestly. Then we have today! What an adventure and test to my character it was. We will get to that shortly. I've been dealing with heavy winds on my rides, cold wet rain, lack of sunshine and even snow now. It has been rough on my mind but we have stayed positive.

Now for the adventures and some goodies.
I left Canyonlands and was ready for some Zion action! Was going to be a pretty good treck to make it there so we got an early jump on the day. Watching Utah change from desert to forest of pine was an awesome ride and I saw that I would pass Bryce Canyon NP on my way there. Figured I would check another park off my list so I headed into the canyon! Entering was absolutely amazing. You get greeted with red canyon on the ride in which was filled with large pines and forest. Was already liking this place. My only pics here..
"inspiration point" Definitely found some here!
That night I decided to find a nice campsite in the park as the temps were dropping quick- I usually will ride around and find a group of two or so younger people and ask if they would like to split the cost of the site for the night. Always works out and I get to make friends a long the way. Found a nice couple to set up camp with. Made a nice cozy fire, some beans and some good conversation then off to bed I was. It was cold and I was also exhausted so sleep came easy. Woke up the next morning excited for Zion!
IMG 20160424 182552
Entering the park..
Made my same routine and found another group to camp with that night, thanks to Vegas I had my plan to hike Angels landing the next day and it was AMAZING! Still am not getting as much time in all the parks as I would like but o well!
View from camp early morning.
The angels landing hike was 5 miles round trip. Not to difficult but a bit hairy for sure! This was the final stretch to the top of the landing. They have chain running along the path to hold on to and pull yourself up at points. I liked to call this part the "stairway to heaven"
IMG 20160425 182938
Views from the top! You can see the storm rolling in, glad I made it before it came.
IMG 20160425 183110
IMG 20160425 183223
As I was getting off the trail and back to my bike the rain started coming and it was getting cold. Great! Just what I needed as I was on my way to the Grand Canyon. Figured Id grab some food and grub in the park in hopes it would die down. No such luck so I decided to head on out. About 3 miles out of the park I start getting on by lots of snow.. So I did what I felt was the safe choice and pulled over into a hotel for the rest of the day and night. A warm bed and shower did feel pretty nice though! Got some awesome sleep and woke up this morning ready for the Grandest of all Canyons! Was an overcast cold day but we eventually found the sunlight!

Sooo ya this is what kind of brought up my spiel in the top paragraphs. Made it about 80 miles outside the canyon and the problems started. Filled up with gas and turned out of the parking lot then all of the sudden bike dies and I have absolutely no power what so ever. I wheel the bike back into the lot to see if I can figure out what's wrong. Check battery connections and they are good. Check my fuses and ahah! Found that the main fuse has blown- easy fix right? Put a new one in turn the key and blows that one as well. Tried it once more with the same result- must be a short somewhere. Fantastic I get to break my bike down in the parking lot and try to find it. This is all also a day before my burn I'm going to. I have been beyond pumped for this for a month now. These burns are where I feel at home, feel where I can be 100% myself with many others in the same mind set. Its a cleansing of the soul for me! Was a serious motivation killer at the time but I didn't let it get to me to much, I knew I was making my burn someway somehow and didn't care how it happened. Just gotta focus on whats happening right now! This is where I felt I was getting tested and seeing how I would react to the situation.
This is about where I got before the sun started sinking and couldn't find the problem so unfortunately had to call for a tow to the nearest Kawasaki in flagstaff. 140$ even with my roadside, funds I don't want to spend and then having to pay to get it fixed.. they say about 2 hours and my tow will arrive. Well wouldn't you know! A fellow biker named Sam that was on his way back to flagstaff in his parts truck stops by and asks if I needed a tow. Got the bike loaded up and ready to rock and roll! He works at an auto shop with his good buddy Cody who is a mechanic- says we can stop by and see if we can get this bad boy rolling again. 21 year old kid knew his and had power to the bike in about an hour. Wires leading from the rectifier rubbed all the way through also the relay that held my main fuse was shot. Couldn't get a new relay so the bike is currently jerry rigged with a push button start we put on. Got her all pieced back together and back on the road we were! Couldn't thank these two dudes enough, Cody didn't even want to accept my payment so I had to force it on him. This is the flow- letting be and knowing that all will be ok in the end. Always has worked this way for me. I'm getting what I ordered that's for sure. I made it to Holbrook a few hours ago and set up camp in an rv park about 30 minutes outside of Snowflake where the burn will be held. These next five days are going to be EPIC!

So remember- always be clear when you are ordering. The universe will listen but you must live it, be it and attach to the flow!
Old 04-27-2016, 07:59 AM   #146
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
That's awesome! I'm glad mother earth has been kind to you, seems you bring a positive view to every situation! Keep on doing what you do! As always, great reading and great pictures!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 02:05 PM   #147
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Alright everyone its been an awesome week! Ill be rolling out from Ojai, California where a good friend from High school Ana is living on a community farm that is absolutely beautiful. Ive been welcomed with lots of warm hearts and fresh warm food everyday. Its been a real treat! They have a large organic garden, chickens, bees, mulberry trees and much more! Awesome place but lets get back to where we left off!

So I unfortunately didn't ever get to make the Grand Canyon but I think it was for good reason either way. On the way back perhaps! I posted that I was going to the Burn so id like to touch on that just a bit. Ill give you the "ten principles" of a burn first to give you an idea of what these are all about.

Radical Inclusion

Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.

Gifting

Burning Man is devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.

Decommodification

In order to preserve the spirit of gifting, our community seeks to create social environments that are unmediated by commercial sponsorships, transactions, or advertising. We stand ready to protect our culture from such exploitation. We resist the substitution of consumption for participatory experience.

Radical Self-reliance

Burning Man encourages the individual to discover, exercise and rely on his or her inner resources.

Radical Self-expression

Radical self-expression arises from the unique gifts of the individual. No one other than the individual or a collaborating group can determine its content. It is offered as a gift to others. In this spirit, the giver should respect the rights and liberties of the recipient.

Communal Effort

Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration. We strive to produce, promote and protect social networks, public spaces, works of art, and methods of communication that support such interaction.

Civic Responsibility

We value civil society. Community members who organize events should assume responsibility for public welfare and endeavor to communicate civic responsibilities to participants. They must also assume responsibility for conducting events in accordance with local, state and federal laws.

Leaving No Trace

Our community respects the environment. We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them.

Participation

Our community is committed to a radically participatory ethic. We believe that transformative change, whether in the individual or in society, can occur only through the medium of deeply personal participation. We achieve being through doing. Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. We make the world real through actions that open the heart.

Immediacy

Immediate experience is, in many ways, the most important touchstone of value in our culture. We seek to overcome barriers that stand between us and a recognition of our inner selves, the reality of those around us, participation in society, and contact with a natural world exceeding human powers. No idea can substitute for this experience.

As for the burn itself it was a great experience and something I definitely needed at the time. A little relief from the outside world is always resetting. Heres just a few pics of the art that people brought out for others to enjoy. Much much more but these were just some of my favorites.

Flower of life made of bicycle rims

Old school chevy I think?

HUGE Vw beetle!

Huge guitar that later got burnt

Art entering its next stage of life

And finally the Sacred Temple! Every burn will have a temple- at burning man of course its a giant man. This is the place people come to perhaps leave behind a par of their life they no longer wish to hold on to, To pay their respects to lost loved ones or to just place their intentions they wish to see happen in the world. The temple means something different to everyone. On the last night it will get burnt- its really something special! So I guess Ill just let you in on a little piece of me I don't like. I smoke cigarettes- so gross. Ill preach health and wellness all day for our body and soul but I indulge in that nasty habbit. I'm literally always quitting "this is the last pack" every pack. So I left my cigs in the temple in hopes to burn that habbit outa my life. Doing great so far!

So leaving the burn I made my way to beautiful Sedona, Az. Highly recommend stopping in if you ever traveling through. Didn't think Arizona had beauty like that! I drank from the fresh springs, walked through the forest and bathed in the creeks. No pictures here but you really should go! I got to thinking about what else I wanted to do while in Az and remembered that one of my favorite bands singer James Maynard Keenan from TOOL (any tool fans around here? I'm a cult follower Lol) grows grapes and makes wine in Jerome, Az. And wouldn't you know its only 40 minutes from Sedona! ya I'm getting some Maynard wine!

Caduceus Cellars. Really enjoyed this.

So ya I spent one more night in Sedona and the next day woke up heading for Cali! Joshua tree would be the first stop. Pretty cool place, still not the biggest fan of desert environment but the trees were cool. Spent a night here and then headed to Long Beach where I got in contact with a couch surfer for the night. Cute girl named Annika brought me in and she was just the sweetest soul. Always enjoy couchsurfing!

So ya Annika put me up for the night and I decided well I'm here so might as well check out Hollywood- definitely didn't stay long. Just long enough to see the sign and find my boy Jimmy on the Star walk. So I peaced out and headed to Six flags Magic Mountain for some roller coaster fun! Havent ridden a coaster in years and that was a good time! Some really awesome coasters there.

Got a day of coasters in and off to Ojai to my friend Anas for a few days of farm fun and even a festival I had no idea I would be at! Really enjoyed the weekend there- so many beautiful people and so much love shared! Got back to the farm last night to some good food and a warm shower. Should be leaving to Yosemite in the Next hour or so to meet with a group of friends that will be hanging there for a bit! Looks like it going to be a cold one though.. Ahh yess I almost forgot who I saw. The man, the myth, the legend the one and only mighty THOR! Be mean and he may just smite you with his Crystal Hammer!

Last edited by Absalom; 05-09-2016 at 02:09 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:21 PM   #148
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Fixed. If admin could delete above post that would be great

Last edited by Absalom; 05-09-2016 at 02:26 PM.
Old 05-09-2016, 02:25 PM   #149
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Alright everyone its been an awesome week! Ill be rolling out from Ojai, California where a good friend from High school Ana is living on a community farm that is absolutely beautiful. Ive been welcomed with lots of warm hearts and fresh warm food everyday. Its been a real treat! They have a large organic garden, chickens, bees, mulberry trees and much more! Awesome place but lets get back to where we left off!

So I unfortunately didn't ever get to make the Grand Canyon but I think it was for good reason either way. On the way back perhaps! I posted that I was going to the Burn so id like to touch on that just a bit. Ill give you the "ten principles" of a burn first to give you an idea of what these are all about.

Radical Inclusion
Anyone may be a part of Burning Man. We welcome and respect the stranger. No prerequisites exist for participation in our community.
Gifting
Burning Man is devoted to acts of gift giving. The value of a gift is unconditional. Gifting does not contemplate a return or an exchange for something of equal value.
Decommodification
In order to preserve the spirit of gifting, our community seeks to create social environments that are unmediated by commercial sponsorships, transactions, or advertising. We stand ready to protect our culture from such exploitation. We resist the substitution of consumption for participatory experience.
Radical Self-reliance
Burning Man encourages the individual to discover, exercise and rely on his or her inner resources.
Radical Self-expression
Radical self-expression arises from the unique gifts of the individual. No one other than the individual or a collaborating group can determine its content. It is offered as a gift to others. In this spirit, the giver should respect the rights and liberties of the recipient.
Communal Effort
Our community values creative cooperation and collaboration. We strive to produce, promote and protect social networks, public spaces, works of art, and methods of communication that support such interaction.
Civic Responsibility
We value civil society. Community members who organize events should assume responsibility for public welfare and endeavor to communicate civic responsibilities to participants. They must also assume responsibility for conducting events in accordance with local, state and federal laws.
Leaving No Trace
Our community respects the environment. We are committed to leaving no physical trace of our activities wherever we gather. We clean up after ourselves and endeavor, whenever possible, to leave such places in a better state than when we found them.
Participation
Our community is committed to a radically participatory ethic. We believe that transformative change, whether in the individual or in society, can occur only through the medium of deeply personal participation. We achieve being through doing. Everyone is invited to work. Everyone is invited to play. We make the world real through actions that open the heart.
Immediacy
Immediate experience is, in many ways, the most important touchstone of value in our culture. We seek to overcome barriers that stand between us and a recognition of our inner selves, the reality of those around us, participation in society, and contact with a natural world exceeding human powers. No idea can substitute for this experience.

As for the burn itself it was a great experience and something I definitely needed at the time. A little relief from the outside world is always resetting. Heres just a few pics of the art that people brought out for others to enjoy. Much much more but these were just some of my favorites.
Flower of life made of bicycle rims
IMG 20160501 201736
Old school chevy I think?
IMG 20160501 201625
HUGE Vw beetle!
IMG 20160501 201837
Huge guitar that later got burnt
Art entering its next stage of life
And finally the Sacred Temple! Every burn will have a temple- at burning man of course its a giant man. This is the place people come to perhaps leave behind a par of their life they no longer wish to hold on to, To pay their respects to lost loved ones or to just place their intentions they wish to see happen in the world. The temple means something different to everyone. On the last night it will get burnt- its really something special! So I guess Ill just let you in on a little piece of me I don't like. I smoke cigarettes- so gross. Ill preach health and wellness all day for our body and soul but I indulge in that nasty habbit. I'm literally always quitting "this is the last pack" every pack. So I left my cigs in the temple in hopes to burn that habbit outa my life. Doing great so far!

So leaving the burn I made my way to beautiful Sedona, Az. Highly recommend stopping in if you ever traveling through. Didn't think Arizona had beauty like that! I drank from the fresh springs, walked through the forest and bathed in the creeks. No pictures here but you really should go! I got to thinking about what else I wanted to do while in Az and remembered that one of my favorite bands singer James Maynard Keenan from TOOL (any tool fans around here? I'm a cult follower Lol) grows grapes and makes wine in Jerome, Az. And wouldn't you know its only 40 minutes from Sedona! ya I'm getting some Maynard wine!
Caduceus Cellars. Really enjoyed this.
So ya I spent one more night in Sedona and the next day woke up heading for Cali! Joshua tree would be the first stop. Pretty cool place, still not the biggest fan of desert environment but the trees were cool. Spent a night here and then headed to Long Beach where I got in contact with a couch surfer for the night. Cute girl named Annika brought me in and she was just the sweetest soul. Always enjoy couchsurfing!

So ya Annika put me up for the night and I decided well I'm here so might as well check out Hollywood- definitely didn't stay long. Just long enough to see the sign and find my boy Jimmy on the Star walk. So I peaced out and headed to Six flags Magic Mountain for some roller coaster fun! Havent ridden a coaster in years and that was a good time! Some really awesome coasters there.
IMG 20160505 092250

Got a day of coasters in and off to Ojai to my friend Anas for a few days of farm fun and even a festival I had no idea I would be at! Really enjoyed the weekend there- so many beautiful people and so much love shared! Got back to the farm last night to some good food and a warm shower. Should be leaving to Yosemite in the Next hour or so to meet with a group of friends that will be hanging there for a bit! Looks like it going to be a cold one though.. Ahh yess I almost forgot who I saw. The man, the myth, the legend the one and only mighty THOR! Be mean and he may just smite you with his Crystal Hammer!
Liked this post:
Old 05-10-2016, 08:35 AM   #150
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
That's great you are kicking the bad habit of smoking. I stopped when I met my wife, haven't picked one up yet... I tend to stress eat now.

Man, you sure are moving along in your journey! Post plenty of pictures on Yosemite!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-16-2016, 01:12 AM   #151
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Well I just got done with one of the most epic weeks ever- freakin amazing. The sierras are something straight from another planet! Was hard to take in all the awesomeness experienced this week. Ill give it my best shot at putting it into words and pictures (which do absolutely no justice).

I left the farm I was at on the 9th early morning. I had some friends call a few days earlier saying the rented a cabin in Yosemite and I'm welcome aboard! Exploring with friends would be a very nice change also the warm cabin with kitchen and shower would be pretty stellar. This did mean I would be skipping over Kings Canyon and Sequoia first but figured I would just go north and make my way back for those. Not that far outa my way. Arrived at Yosemite late afternoon, it was about a 6hour ride to get there. Put in some good mileage (for me at least) and that was a nice ride in! Yosemite was super wow, waterfalls and hard flowing rivers everywhere! I told my friends I think got put a few extra minutes into this place when he sculpted the earth.

Yosemite falls- Highest waterfall in the US. We hiked to the top of this, views below this pic. All I could think of when I saw this fall was Mother Earth releasing a huge .
Our crew at the top of Yosemite Falls. These 3 girls were awesome and I couldn't thank them enough. They brought me into their cabin for 3 nights with a hella comfy bed, literally woke me up every morning to a hot cup of coffee (nice change of pace to my alarm was the sweet sound of a women and the smell of a cup of joe), kept me fed the entire time with home cooked meals and fresh veggies. it was nice, thanks lovely ladies! Also thanks to my buddie in the pic, he kept me hella fed as well! Was good catching up with him, soul brother right there.

Was a pretty long hike and the next day we woke up just wanting to hang by the river. My friend Candice and I were the only ones with the to jump in! It was cooooold.
DSC 0403 1

Next day we woke up early for Vernal and Nevada falls! One of my favorite hikes I've made by far.
I am the keeper of color and light!

Top of Vernal falls

Nevada Falls

Shot of a mushroom on the hike up. Just enjoyed the way it came out is all!

Slow moving river, started playing with the shutter speed a little bit for a cool effect. Getting this camera thing kind of figured out.

Half Dome- wanted to make the hike but was closed due to snow still!

And we finally got what we all wanted! Well about a third of what we wanted- bear cub! Wonder where momma was?

Yosemite was a great experience. Must see park for sure. On Thursday we rolled out and I was on my way to Kings Canyon! Had absolutely no idea what the next few days had In store for me! What a treat. The canyon is absolutely beautiful but no shots as I ran out of batteries, go see for yourself! Did get to capture some nice tree shots- the 3rd largest tree in the world (by volume) takes root in this park. The General Grant tree! What a beauty, these trees make up the true essence of what life is I feel.
This place is just full of magic, keeps you in awe. All I could say to myself was "Holy , what the is going on here?" Few more shots of trees in kings canyon.

Pictures do absolutely no justice! So heres a little camparison shot. A tree that fell in the late 1800's I believe. Thing was bigger than a school bus when you walked through.

Kings was fantastic and but I was super excited for Sequoia so on we went! Now the ride there- favorite by far. Being surrounded by Giants and lush forrest really gave me some inspiration. Was listening to some chill tunes and it just gave me the feel of the world pressing pause for a moment. That everything was perfect right here and now. Did two nights of backcountry hiking here, cant beat it!

Annnnnd the worlds largest tree yall! Was quite hazy but you kinda get the point. Well not really but here it is!

Got to drive the bike through a fallen tree!
IMG 20160515 201849

I seriously recommend making it out here if you have the chance. Will give you some new perspective! Even gave me the inspiration to write a poem about my experience here which I will share. Havent written one since high school, that really says something.

"Trees that kiss the sky
Prying open the minds eye
Fire gives birth to new life, from the ashes giants arise
Trough the hazy forrest I ride
Gratitude for the great spirit as my guide
Praise to the power above
My heart is pure with love"

There you go! So I made it to Fresno tonight where a couchsurfer said come on by! I think on the way to Big Sur tomorrow to start that coastal ride! Peace out everyone
Liked this post:
Old 05-16-2016, 06:01 AM   #152
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Man, I wish I could do something like this. What an experience! Great friends too. Great write up. Keep them coming...
Old 05-16-2016, 07:58 AM   #153
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Great post keep it coming.
Liked this post:
Old 05-16-2016, 09:34 AM   #154
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Why is there a guy in the woods carrying balloons in the woods?
Old 05-16-2016, 11:10 AM   #155
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Haha i dunno! He seemed very happy about them though. Was trying to read what they said cause i thought the same.

And make it happen brother! Time waits for no man
Old 05-16-2016, 02:39 PM   #156
atvmxr

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2001 Vulcan 800
CR125
LT500R
TRX250r
ATC350X

sequoia and big sur - sounds awesome!

jelly. good for you
atvmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 05-17-2016, 07:44 AM   #157
JPhilB

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
Ducati 1098
Honda 919
Suzuki GS500E (sold long ago)

If you can make it to Crater Lake in Oregon, I highly recommend it. Might get to ride in some snow.

And excellent work on the travelogue.....
JPhilB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 11:44 PM   #158
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPhilB View Post
If you can make it to Crater Lake in Oregon, I highly recommend it. Might get to ride in some snow.

And excellent work on the travelogue.....
Its on my list! Made a rough route of the things i wanted to hit along the way and that was one of em. Will def hit it now! Appreciate that!
Old 05-18-2016, 06:20 AM   #159
Crossfits
Crossfits

I love reading your posts/blog... What an awesome adventure!
Old 05-18-2016, 08:48 AM   #160
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Awesome pics and dialogue as always. Thanks for sharing man.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement