MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 11-05-2015, 04:15 PM   #121
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
On a serious note... has anyone heard from Absalom? If so, post that his is OK or something!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chronicles of Bruiser--Tales of a Street Sweeper DLite Off Topic 2 09-16-2011 08:56 PM
Mr Bean , who would have ever thunk RACER X Car Forum 2 08-11-2011 01:01 PM
still more squidly gixxer tales craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-02-2011 06:07 AM
Tales from the Hood... Scorpio General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-09-2009 05:37 AM
bean bag prank SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 4 12-08-2005 12:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 11-05-2015, 04:19 PM   #122
Nick336

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple
08 ZX10R -RIP
03 Z1000 -Sold
02 R6 -Sold

for real.....
Nick336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 04:30 PM   #123
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

yall worry too much.

hes good.

There have been no distubances in the Force.
Old 11-05-2015, 06:29 PM   #124
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

hope his head game is on point if hitchhiking

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #125
Absalom

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Hey there everyone, thanks for the worry and concerns but yes all is well! TMAX is correct no disturbances in the force, nobody can with this Jedi Master I assure you that. Life has been extra great lately, full of magic and wonder. Sorry for the lack of posts, ive just been doing my thing really and didn't take my computer as I knew I would be doing lots of traveling by foot. Getting everything you need for a few weeks in one bag is quite the task. But it teaches you what the essentials to being comfortable really are. I had a dream a few nights ago that I went to the track and dragged my first knee- once I got back to the pits I realized I wasn't actually wearing leathers but some sort of spandex jump suit lol.. So my knees were ground down to the bone. So that was kind of my sign that said I needed to get back on and make this post. So here it goes!

My last post was post-festival experience in California which was nothing short of amazing. Having 15,000 like minded individuals come together for 4 days of music, art and expression of personal freedom is something else. No judgement, just people being who they wish to be. Hard to even write about me experience there, wish I could put it into words but its just something you have to experience for yourself. Although I will say- waking up and jumping in the lake but nakey with a huge group of other but nakey people is awesome. Highly recommend it haha, maybe that will tell you what kind of feel this place had. FREEDOM! Wish I had some pictures but unfortunately I didn't take even a single picture. People go all out at these things, one guy even brought a flying aircraft that landed on the water and flew around the festival. To cool. Once the festival ended I made my way out to Yosemite National Park, which was mindblowing. The American landscape is amazing and continues to put me in awe. Don't have many pictures here either but ill post what I have.. O ya btw, to get to Cali I found a rideshare post on craigslist from people that were going to the same festival so I just hoped on board with them and made the 20 hour drive straight through. The internet sure does make traveling a of a lot easier nowadays!
Entering Yosemite.
No turn unstoned. Tales from The Bean
New and old friends, I feel blessed everyday to be surrounded by such caring and loving individuals.
G0500615 1446918590564 high
Waterfall that we hiked to, the water looked so good so we had to take the polar bear plunge. We couldn't feel the water before we jumped but we knew it was going to be cold as , and that it was! I'm sure the tourist enjoyed seeing a group of naked people jumping into the bottom of this thing. When I hit the water its like all the air in my lungs was sucked outa me. I pushed off the bottom and came up for a huge gulp of fresh air. So cleansing for the soul!
G0530640 1446918624873 high
So yes Yosemite was great and really wanna go back soon to get a backpacking session in. From there my buddies who I rode with continued their journey in a different direction and my aussie buddy Alex and I started our hitchhike from there trying to make it to San Francisco. Was easy getting outa the park, an old man scooped us up and gave us a ride a good ways out. Where he dropped us is where that picture in my previous post was from. From there we had an awesome young lady scoop us and our journey continued onward. Didn't take us to long to make it to SF where I had some family I got to visit. My buddy and I parted ways and now I was solo again. Wasn't the biggest fan of SF, people just aren't as nice as in the south. Plus big cities stress me out nowadays, everything is just way to faced paced for my liking. But I enjoyed it either way and got to check off another ballpark on my list. The Giants! Beautiful field and vibe that this stadium offers, people are about their baseball here.
IMG 20150928 191014
Giants got a win, so it was a good night. Besides the meanest bag checker lady ever, after waiting in a long line I get to the bagcheck ready to dump a whole bags worth of onto their table. The lady very calmly says "sir, your bag is to large and we cant let it in." So naturally I do everything I can to try and convince her that its ok and I will be in standing room either way. I'm pretty good at convincing people to let me get what I want normally, but this lady was having no part of it. Eventually I said it ok, then had to walk around the local bars and bullshit trying to find a place to put it. I talk to a door guy who agreed to hold it and keep it safe for me, for the price of 20$. Said it o well I wanna see the game, came back after and he was still holding on to it for me. So it all worked out in the end. Strapped back up and started the walk to my cousins house. Holy , SF KICKED MY . Was 4 mile walk and on the SF streets it was not easy with 40 pounds on your back. Eventually I arrived and they live in the middle of the city in a nice townhome. My cousin just got married, they are 26 and working for google. Making some good money for sure, they got it made.
Got a good nights sleep and a shower then woke up to get some exploring in. Turns out one of my good friends from Houston just arrived in SF that day and rented a car for a little vacationing. We realized were both in the same place so he came and scooped me up. We decided to make our way to Big Sur since we had heard good things about it and have friends in Santa Cruz. We took the 1 to get there and that a beautiful drive, cant wait to ride it on the Klr when I make it out that way.
We figured out there is redwoods in the area and had to go find em. Found a beautiful campground and hung out for a few nights exploring these bad boys. I think I can honestly say the redwoods are my favorite thing ive come across so far. So amazing, it was like walking through a land from some other planet! Hard to believe that tress can get this large, and these are the redwoods of the south. Up north 3-4 times bigger, but I still really enjoyed it. For hundreds and even a thousand plus years these tress have stood the trials of nature. Surviving many fires (this is what creates the huge holes and gaps in the trees) and whatever else nature sends their way. I couldn't believe it.
G0660760 1446740111828 high
G0670766 1446918668842 high
We had a few smaller redwoods at our campsite so we just attached our hammocks up the them and slept with them for our two night stay.
IMG 20150927 201008
After our awesome stay we decided to go and check out Santa Cruz, awesome place. I was feeling the vibes for sure, felt like I was straight outa the movie Lords of Dogtown. We walked the pier and watched people surf and just explored the city. Really wished I had my skateboard so I could of cruzed that place.
Absalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-07-2015, 03:57 PM   #126
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

I said earlier on in this thread that ill be working the mountain in keystone this winter. So this is going to be the first year I don't see any family for the holidays, I let my mom know that was the case and she just wasn't having it so she bought me a plane ticket to come see everyone for a few weeks before I'm locked into work. So I had to make sure to be back in Colorado to figure out arrangements of what to do with my bike while I'm gone (currently in Brenham at my grandparents house, have been in Texas since the 20th) So after Santa Cruz my buddy dropped me off in Berkely where I planned to either hitch my way back or find a craigslist ride. This is where I met and saved this guy from his crazy girlfriend. The dude is Austrian and had never been to the states before, I walked by them and see the girl slap the outa him. He looked at me and asks "are you hitchhiking?" I said yup and he asked if he could join me, so ya that's how I met one of the coolest dudes ever. We ended up just bullshitting around the city for two days and hanging out. I showed him the ropes of what to do and not to do. Just gave him all the nicks and tricks of traveling around the states. He didn't even know what craigslist was he had been living in Mexico for the past ten years. So I was able to really help him out. This picture is from outside the University of California at Berkely where we slept for two nights. We were pretty much "homeless." I actually kind of enjoyed it though, its important to put yourself in other people shoes, its the only way to get that certain perspective.
G0710800 1446918714972 high
I ended up finding him a ride to Northern Cali and we parted ways. Learned a lot from this guy, thankful that our paths had crossed. It was finally that time to make my way back to Colorado, I scored a ride to Santa Fe through craigslist as it was the closest destination I could find. Now that drive stressed me out! The dude was a total stress ball, multiple times I was about to ask for him to just pull over and let me out. It was really hard lol.. Literally everything on my trip has been perfect and stress free, so this was the first time I encountered a stressful situation on my journey and it drained my brain for sure. Eventually though we arrived in Santa Fe and I got away from him ASAP! Santa Fe is about 400 miles from Denver and I decided that was a very do-able hitchhike. So I threw the thumb out and continued on, ended up making it in 2 days. I was pretty pleased with that! Took about 10 different rides but everyone was super cool. Hitching makes you love/hate people at the same time, you'll sit there for hours just waiting on someone to stop and scoop you up. Its tough. Eventually though when your about to give up someone always stops and it restores your faith in humanity. It was an interesting experience for me and I learned a lot. So yup made it back to Colorado safe and sound! Experienced so much on that whole adventure, I'm constantly just learning and growing everyday as a person. Its crazy to look back and see how all these small events put you exactly where you need to be at the right time. Life is very good my friends. Everything has some sort of purpose, no matter how large or small. I made it to my buddy Jessie's who I hiked Pikes Peak with and got to just relax hard for a day. But soon enough you want more adventure, sitting idle doesn't work with me anymore. We decided to try and tackle another 14ker so we made our way to Mt. Bierstadt.
Unfortunately the clouds started to roll in over head and we made the decision to make our way down, not sure how high we got but we were close.
Went out after and got a few drinks and a pizza as usual when I do something like that. A few days letter I would be getting a plane to head back to Houston for a few weeks, so I hoped on a local motorcycle forum in Colorado and made a post saying I needed a place to store my bike for a bit! Luckily its filled with a bunch of awesome people like yourselves and I found a garage within a day. Went a dropped the bike off and then hopped on a plane ready to see the family and friends. Picked up my car from my dads house when I arrived then headed to Galveston to stay with the mother and stepdad for a few days.
Mom, sister and stepdad.G0720810 1446918733626 high
Enjoyed my stay there but I had lots of others I needed to see as well, I missed everyone so much so it was awesome to see and hug all my old friends. Also had a festival that I attend every year in Rockdale outside of Austin. Unfortunately it got rained out on the second day when the heavy rains came through but still had a super blast! Getting muddy and trudging through all the mud was actually quite cleansing! Something amazing came from the festival getting cancelled though, there happened to be an after party at a brewery in Austin so we decided to go. This is where I met the most amazing women ever- shes beautiful and so super talented. of a women, so ive been spending a lot of time with her this last week or so. Sorry to get all mushy on yall but this girl has my heart right now. Super bummed that im going to Colorado soon but we'll see what happens and No- yall aren't getting a picture you perverted . Lol!

I think that's about it, I will probably update a time or two while I'm in Colorado but not much is going to change when I get into my work flow. I'm pretty much just going to be a ski- the whole winter, this will all continue when the motorcycle journey starts again I promise! Love and light awesome people.
Liked this post:
Old 11-07-2015, 04:55 PM   #127
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Man that's freaking awsome. Love reading these posts. What an awesome story.
Old 11-07-2015, 06:23 PM   #128
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Great read as always! I'm glad your trip was awesome and full of new experiences!
Quote:
Liked this post:
Old 11-07-2015, 10:09 PM   #129
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Very awesome story and adventure.

Few questions:

1. When you're by yourself for such long periods of time...what are you thinking about? Is it just general stuff or do you start reflecting on life in general?

2. When you come back to Houston, I would love (as I'm sure others) to get together with you and buy you some beer/pizza and just listen to your adventures some more.

Keep the safe travels rollin
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-08-2015, 08:09 AM   #130
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Absalom,

Thanks for the update. Those redwoods are amazing and the pics are appreciated.

I just booked airfare to Denver for my board trip in February. Staying in silver plume and it'll be a short lived trip as I'm leaving my wife home with 2 out of 3 of my kids. Will also be riding Loveland more than likely. You get a day off and I'll get the logistics and cover your lift ticket and any other expenses we encounter if you care to take me up on the offer. Keep rocking and enjoy Keystone.
Dbuck
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:04 PM   #131
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Very awesome story and adventure.

Few questions:

1. When you're by yourself for such long periods of time...what are you thinking about? Is it just general stuff or do you start reflecting on life in general?

2. When you come back to Houston, I would love (as I'm sure others) to get together with you and buy you some beer/pizza and just listen to your adventures some more.

Keep the safe travels rollin
I got a few things that will keep me occupied most of the time. Physically i juggle, spin poi, long hikes, attempt to play the harmonica which i have fun doing, i carry a speaker with me so lots of music which usually turns into me dancing. So moving meditations you could say. Especially dancing- i got moves and it feels good letting em out. But usually for everyday i have by myself i have a day of interaction with people whether it be strangers or friends i have spread throughout the states. Which is all broken up in intervals so I never get to lonely. I read a lot of as well fantasy/fiction mostly, keeps the imagination running and my mind in the present. Thats one of my philosophies, just staying in the moment- the "here and now." But when i start letting my mind wonder off its usually lots of reflecting and just thinking of new things. I have lots of ideas id like to pursue and things i want to create.

I appreciate it man, ima see what happens on my side. I should catch another day or two in Houston before I leave for CO so ill see what happens. Thats cool of you brotha.
Old 11-09-2015, 01:07 PM   #132
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Dbuck- im more than game to make this happen. Im trying to hit as many different mountains as i can this year so this would be a good time to check that off. You know where to find me so just send me a message when the time gets closer and we'll get some good shreds in. Take care brotha
Old 11-13-2015, 03:23 PM   #133
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Ahh such a bittersweet day today, saying goodbyes to all my friends and family again is never fun. Although I see many fun adventures ahead so all is well! Beyond excited for another chapter in this journey.

Just landed in dallas and have a 2 hour layover (how fun) before I reach Denver. Ill be moving into my housing tomorrow and start work on the 19th. Just wanted to pop in and let everyone know that my doors are always open to all of you. If you find yourself in the Keystone area this winter feel free to pop in as long as you need. Im within walking distance of the lifts so please come on by! Spiral out my friends~
Liked this post:
Old 11-13-2015, 03:38 PM   #134
Nick336

Experience: 4 years

Bike(s):
06 Speed Triple
08 ZX10R -RIP
03 Z1000 -Sold
02 R6 -Sold

Good luck homie!
Nick336 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 11-13-2015, 04:08 PM   #135
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Can't wait for the next update! Take care!
Quote:
Liked this post:
Old 11-13-2015, 04:50 PM   #136
pigfarmer
Banned

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-04-2016, 07:29 AM   #137
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Ok bud, snow is melting and we are eager to read more adventures from yours truly. Hope all went well over the winter for you!
Quote:
Old 04-07-2016, 10:52 PM   #138
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Ok bud, snow is melting and we are eager to read more adventures from yours truly. Hope all went well over the winter for you!
Hey there friends! Have been meaning to make this post for a few days now as I am also very eager to continue this journey onward. Thought I would maybe just pop in on my departure date and kick it off but what the heck ill give yall a quick update.

Winter has been fantastic, definitely a completely new experience for me in many ways. I love the snow and everything but I need the warmth of the sun and the earth beneath my feet I have figured out (also two wheels and the open road). Got lots of knarly pow days and some good back country hike and rides in. Have met many people from all across the central and south Americas (work exchange through vail) who have opened my eyes and really changed some of my plans for the future.

So for the journey ahead! My last day in Keystone will be April 16th and it really cant come soon enough I am more than ready to hit the road, the bike is currently in Boulder so I should be picking it up that day and then head to a buds in Denver to do some small maintenance on the bike and what not. So I should be leaving there within a day or two of arriving and be on my way to Arches in Utah. My route and game plan has changed just a little bit but Alaska is in my sites within 2 months from departure. Hope all is well on yall's end! Ill be back shortly, it should be a lot of fun

IMG 20160119 135221
Little shot from a bowl we hiked to this year, riding sure was good! Take care
Liked this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 06:17 AM   #139
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Badass man, i enjoy hearing these stories/adventures and widh you the best bro

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 04-08-2016, 07:25 AM   #140
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Glad you had a great winter and excited you are going to travel up to Alaska! Keep up the momentum and we will stay posted.
Quote:
Liked this post:

Advertisement