MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-23-2015, 08:25 PM   #81
Absalom

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
Sooooo have you put the moves on the hairy broad on the right yet?
Ahem.....sorry, just curious, because I'd hit it. Are the rest of the people in that pic doing the same thing you are or do they live there? I'm curious about this nomad culture, I had no idea it exsisted.
Muahaha, I have not. She has a significant other living with us. Unfortunately they like to stick to themselves lol. She and her boyfriend came form Arlington on bicycles, got picked up about half way and have been at the farm for about 2 months now. The lady to the left of me is from an island called Reunion in France. She is traveling around with her daughter (also pictured) and will be attending Burning Man at the end of September. They were awesome, so down to earth. I really enjoyed Debarah and her daughters company, got to learn a little French and her daughter Ali was a wonderful soul. Every morning she would wake me up and have presents for me, she was a true beam of light. Gonna be an awesome person. I haven't really got to hangout with to many kiddos of her age so it was a nice experience. She taught me a lot, children are wonderful. Free of all the things that I believe hold us back as a human race.

Adam- the one front and center has been helping here a while. He kinda comes and goes when the owner isn't here just to make sure things are ok. Interesting dude, we collected a ton of apples from the trees around here and plan on starting some hard cider soon

Indian dude was the one that taught us how to build the oven.

But ya man hairy pits are kinda the norm when your on the road, but its also pretty average among the crowd I surround myself with. The nomad culture is alive and thriving! It surely does exist, some of the most interesting people you will ever meet are the ones with no possesions. Just following their bare feet!

Pig- I do know the song, but this one may be over my head
Absalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chronicles of Bruiser--Tales of a Street Sweeper DLite Off Topic 2 09-16-2011 08:56 PM
Mr Bean , who would have ever thunk RACER X Car Forum 2 08-11-2011 01:01 PM
still more squidly gixxer tales craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-02-2011 06:07 AM
Tales from the Hood... Scorpio General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-09-2009 05:37 AM
bean bag prank SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 4 12-08-2005 12:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-24-2015, 08:00 AM   #82
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I think it's funny how people get weirded out by hairy pits and legs.
For most women it ain't like man hair and you get used to it. Never have to worry about scratchy stubble ha
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2015, 08:13 AM   #83
VicTOEmizer

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
I think it's funny how people get weirded out by hairy pits and legs.
For most women it ain't like man hair and you get used to it. Never have to worry about scratchy stubble ha
I don't get weirded out, but it is really good indicator of the afro you will be encountering downstairs.
Old 08-24-2015, 08:27 AM   #84
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
I don't get weirded out, but it is really good indicator of the afro you will be encountering downstairs.
Ha ha, no doubt. That don't deter me either. In my yout, that's the way they all were and it didn't seem so bad. Plus the hair serves a purpose.
Again, no stubble to scratch my face lol
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-24-2015, 07:59 PM   #85
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Lol- ya it's mostly just a high-school or post hs thing nowadays. Once I left i realized it was all some sort of fantasy that we make up, it definitely doesn't deter me either! But I'm not gonna hate on a women that cleans up a little bit either. Get it Bumble!
Old 08-25-2015, 02:44 PM   #86
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Well everyone I woke up today feeling like today was my day to continue this journey onward. So I got packed up said my goodbyes and headed to the coffee shop for a coffee. I was sitting here hanging out and someone asked me to be a backup in a film, so in about 45 minutes ima go sit in the background of the movie set and drink a beer or two. Gonna throw on a cowboy hat and get into character. Been a while since Ive gotten into my cowboy vibe so this should be fun! After that ima head to Durango to get some camping in! Later peeps, keep it real
Liked this post:
Old 08-25-2015, 02:47 PM   #87
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absalom View Post
Well everyone I woke up today feeling like today was my day to continue this journey onward. So I got packed up said my goodbyes and headed to the coffee shop for a coffee. I was sitting here hanging out and someone asked me to be a backup in a film, so in about 45 minutes ima go sit in the background of the movie set and drink a beer or two. Gonna throw on a cowboy hat and get into character. Been a while since Ive gotten into my cowboy vibe so this should be fun! After that ima head to Durango to get some camping in! Later peeps, keep it real
Badass! Get someone to take a picture of you on set... you never know who might be in the background and it maybe the start of a new career
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 02:59 PM   #88
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Ya man I definitely will! Its just a small film that they hope will make it into the sundance film festival, so we'll see what happens!
Old 08-25-2015, 03:09 PM   #89
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Quote:
Ya man I definitely will! Its just a small film that they hope will make it into the sundance film festival, so we'll see what happens!
Well then if there is a changing room, you'll need to pull off an undercover and post your findings in the Mancave... matter-of-fact, why don't you make a Mancave worthy thread for all your side adventures!
Quote:
Liked this post:
Old 08-25-2015, 04:23 PM   #90
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Quote:

Good luck with your cameo. Watch out for those that approach you on the street about appearing in a small budget film, especially if they want you to wear a cowboy hat. I'm wondering if this "small film" is a low budget gay .

Guard your manhole.
ded9fc257cb4edc07623fdbba2df51c3
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-25-2015, 04:49 PM   #91
pigfarmer
Banned

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-25-2015, 04:52 PM   #92
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
loving this thread and the updates. Keep it coming and safe travels to Durango.
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-25-2015, 04:57 PM   #93
green600
HG Chairperson

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

I kind of want to know if that KLR could make it back to town on 2.5 liters on lower viscosity CO2 or honey oil.

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-25-2015, 07:00 PM   #94
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Geez yall are horrible! Haha from what it sounds like a few of yall may have some experience in the matter eh?

Green this bike could run on mud I think, some honey oil would definitely do the trick!
Liked this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 08:38 PM   #95
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Yo yo! So in my last post I talked about the movie thing, it went well! I just stood around in the back shooting pool with another for a few shots and then just sat at a table drinking a fake beer while they shot what they needed to. Pretty cool but it took a lot longer than I had expected so it put me on the road to Durango a little later than expected. It was a little over 4 hours there and it was looking like I had around 2 hours of sunlight left but I was really ready to continue onward so off I went! The ride was... not what I like to ride in. About halfway there when it started getting dark I see the clouds start rolling in. Sure enough the rain starts coming down so I find my first gas station and chill out for a little hoping for the rain to pass. About 30 min later it dies down enough for me to ride in, it was an eerie ride through a national forest with a slight drizzle in the dark and a thick fog everywhere. It was interesting for sure. I have the Klim Lattitude set of riding gear and that was really my first encounter with rain, it did awesome! Stayed completely dry, very satisfied with this gear. Finally I arrived in Durango with my buddies waiting for me at the bar across the street from the hotel they got for the night. Just what I needed! (beer and a dry place to sleep and shower) Ordered a pitcher of some awesome IPA, put some Pink Floyd and Led Zeppelin on the juke box then continued to drink a few and rock out. Good night with good friends, cant ask for to much more. Slept like a baby that night!

Totally forgot to mention this in a previous post so ill just throw it up now. So Taos is the headquarters of the Earthship movement. These things are amazing, they use lots of recycled materials such as tires/glass bottles for walling and structure support. These things are 100% self sustainable and are very efficient, solar energy for power, the roofs collect a ton of rain water then get sent through a filter, grey water gets recycled for toilets and lots more. I honestly don't have the best knowledge of these yet and the internet could tell you a lot more about them. Now don't get me wrong- the picture I posted is a piece of art and a lot of money has been put into it. But if you really wanted to- you could build one for next to nothing. Just depends how hard you want it, I'm going to build my own one day ive already decided that. Just not as fancy and huge lol. This was one of my favorite earthships, but there is a whole community of them on this land. All very beautiful.
No turn unstoned. Tales from The Bean
This thing was 3 stories tall, inside was a full aquaponics system along with their fish pond. Super badass, I should of got more pictures but got lost in how cool these places were.

Ok back to business, we woke up from a good nights rest at a hotel then went and did a little hiking. We came across some beautiful land and decided we had to camp out for the night. Really liked the vibe Durango offered, beautiful place for sure. We decided that night the Great sand dunes was our next stop! So we woke up early and made our way out! We arrived around mid day and made a little lunch before we hiked up this bad boy! Was a moderate hike up and so worth it!
IMG 20150830 145911
Running down the dune was probably my favorite part, love that feeling of sand underneath my feet. Was a cool time. Then we got to enjoy a lovely sunset before we set up camp at the base of the dune for the night.
IMG 20150830 145641
Camping at the dunes was a hilarious fail. Once the sun dropped it started getting windy as and blowing our tents in every direction, we had to put our packs in them to hold em down. Sand is blowing everywhere while were trying to make our dinner, getting in our food all inside our tents and covering us from head to toe haha. I'm still pulling that outa my hair and butcheeks! Sleeping was a terrible mess that night but it was quite the experience. We woke up absolutely done with that place and left asap! Next stop- Jim Bishops castle!

Now this place is something incredible. Was a mind blowing experience, cant believe this dude built this whole castle and didn't die in the making of it. Was pretty sketchy at parts for sure! My favorite part though- as soon as we got there we all turned into kids again playing on the playground. It really did make me feel like a kid again. Highly recommend this place to anyone!
This is from the very top.
And my goofy friends ruining my king of the castle picture.

After we finished there we headed off to Denver to my buddies place to hang out and relax for a few days. So ya- tomorrow ill be getting some maintenance done on the bike. Oil change and a new rear tire are needed. Not sure where my next stop is but ill keep ya updated awesome people! Laaaaattteeeerr
Liked this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 09:09 PM   #96
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Freaking awesome! I want to take a trip like this when the kids get a little older. Good luck and keep the stories coming. Best thread ever!
Old 09-01-2015, 09:31 PM   #97
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Freaking amazing!!! Had to add the castle to my bucket list of places to visit! Glad you're back on the road again!
Quote:
Old 09-01-2015, 09:46 PM   #98
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 10:21 PM   #99
Warmaster259

Bike(s):
2002 ZRX 1200
2002 ZX12r
2001 KX125
2002 400EX Quad

Absolutely awesome trip man, so jealous!
Liked this post:
Old 09-01-2015, 10:43 PM   #100
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

It's gonna be the best time ever toe! So much awesomeness out there. Appreciate the vibes man!

Ya it really does feel good to be on the road again, got some beautiful mountain riding in. Took some gopro footage gonna try and get a little up soon I think!

Advertisement