Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-04-2015, 02:40 PM   #61
Absalom

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
Go to the wedding and hook up with one of the bridesmaids. They are always super at weddings. GLWS..........Screw
I sure do like the way you think pigfarmer. I'll hold it down for ya mate
Absalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chronicles of Bruiser--Tales of a Street Sweeper DLite Off Topic 2 09-16-2011 08:56 PM
Mr Bean , who would have ever thunk RACER X Car Forum 2 08-11-2011 01:01 PM
still more squidly gixxer tales craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-02-2011 06:07 AM
Tales from the Hood... Scorpio General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-09-2009 05:37 AM
bean bag prank SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 4 12-08-2005 12:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-04-2015, 02:43 PM   #62
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Absalom View Post
Hey all! Just popping in for some exciting news I just got. One of the older folks that helps run the farm I'm at was heading out to Canada for a wedding. He can't drive so he asked one of his friends to who pretty much can't drive either and he ended up backing out. I volunteered to help as long as I got compensated. He threw me a number that was way over what I was thinking so I said count me in! So I should be heading off to BC Canada within the next few hours. I'm pumped! Gonna be an interesting car ride with this old man.
dont forget the pics
Old 08-04-2015, 03:11 PM   #63
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Ya know the difference between a young man and an old man?
Time. That's it. Obviously there are physical differences but inside is just time spent living.

As an old man myself I'd encourage you to listen to his stories, ask questions. I'm betting he can tell you some interesting things. And he'll get something out of your stories too.

Hope y'all have a safe trip!

In for pics lol
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 03:29 PM   #64
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Great news for sure! Take plenty of pictures and have a safe trip!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #65
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee View Post
Ya know the difference between a young man and an old man?
Time. That's it. Obviously there are physical differences but inside is just time spent living.

As an old man myself I'd encourage you to listen to his stories, ask questions. I'm betting he can tell you some interesting things. And he'll get something out of your stories too.

Hope y'all have a safe trip!

In for pics lol
Totally agree brotha! Lots to learn from From the older generations. Lots of the older folk come up and talk to me when I'm on my bike at gas stations and what not. Mostly to tell me about their old riding days, the excitement they have just reliving their moto days is awesome.
Old 08-04-2015, 04:07 PM   #66
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Great news for sure! Take plenty of pictures and have a safe trip!
Thanks brotha!
Old 08-04-2015, 04:45 PM   #67
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Absalom View Post
Hoping to be there in September for some work! But we shall see, Ive been applying to winter jobs in Colorado to work the mountain and get to shred in the off time. So who knows what im going to be doing. But if I get the summer cali job ill probably fly out there for the month

Ya that's true, crazy what that guy is doing lol. But I just updated everything on there. So thanks!
you get a job manning a lift in Colorado and I'll make sure to come say hi!
dbuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-04-2015, 05:41 PM   #68
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
you get a job manning a lift in Colorado and I'll make sure to come say hi!
For sure man! Just had my interviews today, it's either that or cooking in a fine dining restaurant. Really leaning towards the cooking right now though!
Old 08-17-2015, 07:43 PM   #69
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Well! Been a minute since my last update, Canada didn't go as smoothly as planned. Canada didn't even happen!

So- It was David (the old guy) and his two kids who were 9 and 13.They were pretty cool but literally the whole time one of em had to have the window completely down. I couldn't figure it out and it really annoyed me lol. It was a 22 hour drive to Canada and I started it out with a 14 hour treck. I let david take the wheel for a few hours while I slept and then hopped back on it. It was rough! So as were approaching Washington his Ex-wife gives him a ring and I could tell it was problematic. So long story short kids and David end up hopping on a plane to get back to Taos asap. This was a serious motivation killer, but it is what it is really. He pretty much said do whatever I want and make it back as slowly as I please, so the car was mine for the time being. David gave me some extra cash for a hotel for the night so I booked it and went to do a little exploring. Spokane, Washington was a pretty cool city. This nice river ran through it which I thought was cool, walked around and drank on some of the local brews there. Not bad- but nothing on that Texas craft. Passed out hard that night and woke up around 12 and started my journey back to Taos!
No turn unstoned. Tales from The Bean

I have a few buddies traveling right now and making their rounds, I called em to see where they were at and they were just chilling at a buds that I have in Denver. They said that there was a fat bowl waiting on me if I decided to swing through. So that was a yes Plus I wanted to hang out with my buds and relax for a few days. I drove around 9 hours the first day and ended up passing out in Wyoming at a rest area. Woke up and continued the drive onward, by this point my tailbone is bruised as and I'm getting a little aggravated from being in a car for 4 days. So I finally arrived and they were true to their word! I have a bunch of movies on my laptop so we put Despicable Me on and got baked all night on some awesome medical buds and oils. When in Colorado right? That was nice but there is much more to Colorado than good buds, so we woke up and headed up to Rocky Mountain National Park for a day or exploring and camping. With our good buds..
I think the shot below was right around 12,000 feet. Such a beautiful park, unfortunately my phone died before three majestic elk walked out in front of us. Was such a surreal moment being next to these amazing animals. Have never seen one so that was pretty cool for me. We camped, hung out and watched the meteor shower that was going on. Amazing night for sure.
So we woke up and headed out, we got to talking on the way home and though you know what would be funny as ? Casa Bonita- if your a fan of South Park you know what im talking about. Sadly we walked in and pretty much walked right back out, meals were like 15$ and not a vegetarian option on the menu. Ive also heard the food sucks either way. But yes- this is the infamous "Casa Bonita" that Eric Cartmen loves so much.
We got back home and resumed our nightly activities. I was just sitting there thinking and thought of something I would really love to do. Hit as many baseball parks as I can along the journey. I played baseball pretty much my whole life and got to experience countless numbers of games in the Astrodome with my pops. So I have soft spot for baseball. Turned out the Rockies were playing the next night so I said ya! Coors field was pretty nice, I really enjoyed the whole open stadium concept. Minute Maid opens up but its not really the same feel. Highlight of the night- my buddies picked up one of the Australians we met in Marfa and let him tag along on their journey. So he had never been to a ball game before and I brought him along. I told him we have to eat some peanuts and cracker jacks, its the most American thing you can do! I bought some peanuts and the peanut guy tossed em from the isle and I let my buddy catch em. I always used to love that. So we break the bag open and "cheers" with his first ballpark peanut. The dude just takes 2 and throws em in his mouth shell and all, hes apparently never eaten a peanut out of a shell before muahaha. I had quite the laugh watching him not enjoy them and spit em out. We didn't get a win but its hard to have a bad time at the ballpark drinking on some beer. So it was all good.
So ya Denver treated me well! Was nice relaxing and getting to catch up with the buddies but Taos was calling me back so I got one more night of sleep then woke up the next morning and finished off the drive back. Arrived around sunset and just had to pull over and soak in all the beauty Taos has to offer.
IMG 20150815 200001
So ya ive been back for a few days now resuming my normal activities, we have an Hoarno oven building workshop going on right now so ill have some before and after pictures after we are done with that. Making a pizza from scratch tonight in the oven that was already on the land. So im about to throw down in the kitchen for all the hungry hungry hippies living here right now. Gonna be good Later people, stay groovy.
Liked this post:
Old 08-17-2015, 08:11 PM   #70
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Sweet! Thanks for the update
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-17-2015, 08:24 PM   #71
HoustonHD

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

FAntastic update. If you have time for a couple questions I have I'd appreciate it.

So where was your bike while you went (tried) to Canada? If I read correctly, you were on a bike at one time and then some old guy asked you to drive him & his 2 kids to Canada. Didn't make the whole trip, he and kids had to fly back home and he gave you his car to bring back whenever you can. So where's your bike?

Also, Do you know the name of the free campsite app? I've been looking for one myself and would appreciate a recommendation. No hurry. Just when you get the chance. I know you're traveling.

awesome thread.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2015, 08:47 PM   #72
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2015, 11:38 AM   #73
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonHD View Post
FAntastic update. If you have time for a couple questions I have I'd appreciate it.

So where was your bike while you went (tried) to Canada? If I read correctly, you were on a bike at one time and then some old guy asked you to drive him & his 2 kids to Canada. Didn't make the whole trip, he and kids had to fly back home and he gave you his car to bring back whenever you can. So where's your bike?

Also, Do you know the name of the free campsite app? I've been looking for one myself and would appreciate a recommendation. No hurry. Just when you get the chance. I know you're traveling.

awesome thread.
Left the bike chained up at the farm where I'm staying right now, I felt it was safe here. Was nice getting back and seeing my baby again, I sure did miss her!

And I just typed in free campsites in my app store, I'm on android so I don't know if it would be the same for you but the icon is a little blue oldschool trailer with a crescent moon and some stars. There's a few apps and I've found this one works the best. It's called free campsites.

Appreciate you reading brotha.

Pigfarmer wins my thread for the day. That hilarious, sorry I couldn't pull through for ya!
Old 08-18-2015, 11:47 AM   #74
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

Liked this post:
Old 08-18-2015, 07:47 PM   #75
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
Here I am trying to live through your adventures, and I was looking forward to the stories of pounding that winter ready Canadian bush, but you. You didn't make it. Oh well. Still enjoy reading your updates bro.
Bro trust me, I wanted nothing more than to come in here with my post of triumph and glory. Don't worry though, I'll make it up. My next encounter will know that it was all for you pigfarmer. Your name will be yelled upon great mountaintops
Old 08-19-2015, 09:25 AM   #76
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Sucks you didn't make it to Canada, hope the old man will pull through... if he is old school hippie, he'll find another wet hole in no time!

I had a buddy who lived in Washington for a while... they use to dive for scallops and other edible sea creatures. Also, there are some pretty awesome trails out there... next time you ought to see about renting a mountain bike and hitting up a good guide to take you down some badass bike trails.

My brother lives in Golden Colorado and I have visited only once, but that place is beautiful! Glad you had the chance to attend a ball game there and you had favorable weather.

Keep up the updates! Man I wish I could smoke again! So jealous!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2015, 08:26 PM   #77
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
Sucks you didn't make it to Canada, hope the old man will pull through... if he is old school hippie, he'll find another wet hole in no time!

I had a buddy who lived in Washington for a while... they use to dive for scallops and other edible sea creatures. Also, there are some pretty awesome trails out there... next time you ought to see about renting a mountain bike and hitting up a good guide to take you down some badass bike trails.

My brother lives in Golden Colorado and I have visited only once, but that place is beautiful! Glad you had the chance to attend a ball game there and you had favorable weather.

Keep up the updates! Man I wish I could smoke again! So jealous!
Hahaha ya I don't doubt he will. That's one thing I have really been wanting to do. Shredding down a mountain on a bike would be a blast. Ripping a wooden burm would be sweet! I definitely will check it out when I have the time. One day brotha, that toke will be the sweetest toke you ever took!

So we finished the Horno today. Its been almost a week long process but were done! Learned a lot and feel confident I could build one by myself. Maybe not one of this size tho, the thing is massive. I think we could bake like 40 loafs of bread in this bad boy.

First we made a ton of trapezoid and huge rectangle shaped bricks out of a mold we built. Pretty simple, just a little caliche straw and water then let em dry for two days in the mold. Cut em out and voila! You have your brick. Next we made the base, we gathered a bunch of lava rock from the mountain and used mortar to hold it together. Filled the inside with more rock and mud till we got to the top. Then used our caliche mixture to smooth out for the baking surface and let set for a day. Had to re-smooth today because we were working a lot on the inside as we went up.
IMG 20150821 144557
And the finished product here, the first couple of layers we used the big brick
to start the base, then moved onto the trapezoids to start the dome structure. Pretty much just use more caliche mixture to bind them together. Throw a door and vent in there then smooth out the outside and you have your Horno. Was a fun project, im ready to build my own!
Liked this post:
Old 08-22-2015, 09:16 AM   #78
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

Liked this post:
Old 08-22-2015, 09:27 AM   #79
VicTOEmizer

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Sooooo have you put the moves on the hairy broad on the right yet?
Ahem.....sorry, just curious, because I'd hit it. Are the rest of the people in that pic doing the same thing you are or do they live there? I'm curious about this nomad culture, I had no idea it exsisted.
Old 08-22-2015, 09:39 AM   #80
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

Advertisement