MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-16-2015, 09:51 PM   #21
FastLife1K
Howdy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 DR-650
'07 gsx-r 1000 (Sold)
2008 Ninja 250 (sold)
'09 Honda CBR (sold)
'09 GSXR 600 (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to FastLife1K Send a message via Yahoo to FastLife1K
Looks like fun!

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"
FastLife1K is online now   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chronicles of Bruiser--Tales of a Street Sweeper DLite Off Topic 2 09-16-2011 08:56 PM
Mr Bean , who would have ever thunk RACER X Car Forum 2 08-11-2011 01:01 PM
still more squidly gixxer tales craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-02-2011 06:07 AM
Tales from the Hood... Scorpio General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-09-2009 05:37 AM
bean bag prank SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 4 12-08-2005 12:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-21-2015, 06:57 PM   #22
Absalom

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.P View Post
Did you go to Padre's in Marfa? High school buddy owns it.

He's also the Presidio County J.P. if you ever run into trouble out there, LOL.

And a DJ at the public radio with a show that can't be missed...Nighttrain on Tuesday at 10. Lots of Houston references and culture in that show.

http://marfapublicradio.org/schedule/
I saw Padres, didn't get to go though.. Pretty sure I met your buddy in the Lost Horse Saloon though! Lol. The locals says he plays it pretty fair down there though!

Alright! Now that I have found some more Wifi at a McDonalds in Santa Fe Ill give a little update. After I visited the Carlsbad Cavers I decided a roof over my head and a shower would be radical. So I hoped on Couchsurfer and luckily found some awesome dudes that were willing to host me for the night. Its really cool that people are willing to open their doors to a random stranger. I ended up having an awesome time and stayed another night. They had a little get together so I got to meet a bunch of their friends and have a good time with everyone. The following day they took me to a local spot called Sitting Bulls falls which was an amazing spring fed waterfall and pool. We hiked to the top and found the most epic patch of blackberries, I think I ate my weight in those things lol. Cant even express my gratitude for these guys. Awesome people.
No turn unstoned. Tales from The Bean

So I left Carlsbad heading for Albuquerque, I rode through the Lincoln National Forest and a city called Cloudcroft. Beautiful ride, I just love that felling that you are part of the element your riding through. The wind gushing against you, all the smells you intake and just being surrounded by pure beauty. This is why I ride! Along the way I made sure to stop by the beautiful White Sands of New Mexico. This place was AWESOME! Didn't get to spend much time there but I really enjoyed just walking around barefoot on some soft sand.
IMG 20150718 193533

I was worn out and beat up, but the journey continued into the city of Truth or Consequences where I stayed for the night. Albuquerque was just to far and I ran out of daylight. As I pulled into the town looking for a place to stay I saw a sign for some hot springs, exactly what I needed! Stopped in and paid 6$ to soak and relax in 107 degree water. Such a cleansing feeling. Leaving there I hopped on my free campsites app and found a good spot to camp. This was my first night camping by myself and I really enjoyed it. Very relaxing just sitting underneath that Milky Way watching shooting stars go by all night. Made a can of beans that was the best thing ever, played a little Harmonica and just hung out. When your alone you have lots of time to think and reflect, so I got brought back to this time a few years ago watching a movie called Wanderlust. There was a quote that I really enjoyed when it was said. Funny as if you've never seen it, Jennifer Anniston and Paul Rudd leave the city and wind up at a hippie commune and yada yada.. They are walking through the forest when a hippie climbs out of his tree house to greet them. Paul says "is this where you live?" and the hippie responds with "I live where I am." It just always stuck with me, and right now I am feeling more than any other point in my life.

So after my camp night I made my way into Albuquerque where my step brothers live. I stayed there for two nights just hanging out, drank a few brews at their local spots and didn't do to much else. Really wasn't the biggest fan of this town so I don't have to much to say. But- on my way out to Santa Fe I took a route that wasn't so much highway and came across some gold! Albuquerque has this huge mountain called Sandia Crest I believe. I really enjoyed the views it brought, and on my way out I see that I can ride up it! By far my favorite ride I've made yet. Pure beauty, super twisty and fun. On the way up I see a sign for "Tinkertown Museum." This place was to cool, this guy named Ross Ward built the entire thing by himself. I felt super inspired by this guy. Lots of cool stuff in there.
This was just one part of the western city he made that was completely hand carved. It was wild how big the display was, probably went on for about 30 feet. Cant even fathom the amount of time and patience this probably took. I was blown away. Now just a few posters I really liked. Really though I cant recommend this place enough.

Top of the mountain a mile above Albuquerque.
IMG 20150721 145846

I got to talking to someone on the top and realized I missed one vital part about this city! Well to me atleast. So I have a gold star to whoever can tell me who's house this was!
IMG 20150721 145652

So fulfilling my final needs I made my way to Santa Fe and here I am. Going to camp tonight and head to Las Vegas, New Mexico tomorrow for my first farm. So I wont have much to say for a little bit but I may update on some farm life as well. We will see- Much love everyone!
Absalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2015, 06:59 PM   #23
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Sorry the pics are so large, not sure how to fix that..
Old 07-21-2015, 07:10 PM   #24
pigfarmer
Banned

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-21-2015, 07:13 PM   #25
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

What a cool story so far. Keep us posted and and be safe. I'd like to here more about the farm life too.
Old 07-21-2015, 07:21 PM   #26
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigfarmer View Post
Heisenberg's....
Ding Ding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toe View Post
What a cool story so far. Keep us posted and and be safe. I'd like to here more about the farm life too.
Thanks brotha! Ill give yall some farm life for sure!
Old 07-21-2015, 07:24 PM   #27
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned

pigfarmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-21-2015, 07:51 PM   #28
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Feedback Rating: (1)

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

whenare you going to be in vegas? my cousin has a nice restaurant she owns that ill ensure tou get comped at.
Old 07-21-2015, 08:07 PM   #29
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Walter Hartwell White that's awesome man , keep bringing the pics and be safe on your travel

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-21-2015, 10:00 PM   #30
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

Very cool trip. A bit jealous that you have the freedom to do things like this...
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-21-2015, 11:07 PM   #31
TMAX
Forever MODERATE

Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
TMAX (Retired in California)
Xciting 500
XT 225
Duke 2
C14 & FZ6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegas Kid View Post
Very cool trip. A bit jealous that you have the freedom to do things like this...
freedom= no debt or creditors
Old 07-22-2015, 07:13 AM   #32
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Cbr 600 black
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

Lovin the thread thx again
Old 07-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #33
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMAX View Post
whenare you going to be in vegas? my cousin has a nice restaurant she owns that ill ensure tou get comped at.
Vegas new mexico yes? Should be heading there today I hope
Old 07-22-2015, 03:43 PM   #34
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawafasty View Post
Lovin the thread thx again
Not a problem man, I appreciate yall listening.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:45 PM   #35
FastLife1K
Howdy

Bike(s):
2002 DR-650
'07 gsx-r 1000 (Sold)
2008 Ninja 250 (sold)
'09 Honda CBR (sold)
'09 GSXR 600 (Sold)

Member Garage

Send a message via AIM to FastLife1K Send a message via Yahoo to FastLife1K
Thanks for updating!

"Slow is smooth, smooth is fast"
FastLife1K is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-22-2015, 09:35 PM   #36
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

I know that tinker town museum. My daughter and I have skied a bunch at Sandia Peak. I always thought that road up there would be fun on a bike.
Glad you got to do it.
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-23-2015, 01:13 AM   #37
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

Lived at the base of the sandia's for about 6 years. Albuquerque is an awesome town if you're 40+, otherwise it can get boring. The Sandia's are pretty fun, but the real mountains are much more north. Enjoying your journey, makes me want to go up there and visit on my bike soon
MCCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-28-2015, 05:03 PM   #38
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Hey everyone! These last few days have been so RAD! Everything just seems so right. So what exactly leads us down the path of life we travel? Fate? Chance? ? It just seems lately that I am getting put exactly where I need to. After trying to get in contact with multiple farms to attend to and some being full, some just being really slow with their communication I decided I was tired of hanging around and made my way to Taos, New Mexico since I have heard great things about this place and whoa! This place really is something else, the people and vibe Taos has is awesome. I fit in quite well here! So I hopped on couchsurfer to find a place to stay and got in contact with an old hippie and he told me to come on by! When I arrived I was blown away, Keith is actually one of the founders of Food Not Bombs in Boston. He moved his operation down here many years ago and runs the Food Not Bombs "free school" in Taos. This place is awesome, tons of fresh food in the garden. A teepee that I stay in with a few other people and all the food I can eat!
So before I hit the hay for the night a few of the others staying here informed me that skunks like to hang around in the Teepee sometimes but they are friendly and just looking for food. So don't leave any in there! So ya- I went skunk free the first few nights. The third night I hear a buddy call from the teepee "Sawyer, the skunks are underneath your bed, Get ready for some action!" I got tired and decided it was time for bedtime with the skunks, its kind of a fun feeling. Walking that thin line between clean and fresh or having all your sprayed with skunk juice! Lol so my first night with the skunks went well and I woke up skunk free. They just rome around and hang out really, just be cool to em! One of the camp members even pet one, now that's a sight to see!
Just a huge salad from the garden we harvested. Such a great feeling pulling food right from the plant and getting to eat it.
So one of the things we do at Food Not Bombs on Saturdays is make food from our garden and also food that is gifted to us from local farmers cook it up and take it to the Farmers Market to give out for free! Such a rewarding feeling getting to serve fresh wholesome foods for people to enjoy.
So this was really awesome to me. I got in contact by chance with the local indian tribe that lives on the pueblo in Taos. They needed a little help with a few things so they brought me out to the land and I stacked a bunch of hail bails and did a few other misc things. I thought this would be the extent of our work but then they ask if we would like to work on the hemp field! Ummmm yes! I guess being on the reservation excludes you from federal law, so everything they are doing is completely legal. Its a shame we cant even grow hemp here, so many uses we can get from the hemp plant (non psychoactive btw). We arrived at the fields and what a sight to see. We had to pick and trim a bunch of the dead leaves which was a tedious task but I really enjoyed it. We also picked a bunch of fresh leaves that we used to make a hemp juice! That's what you see in my hand! Awe man was that delicious. They also asked if we would like to stay the night and enjoy a dinner with them. Really cool experience. Again everything I find interesting just seems to come to me.

Now yesterday was just something else- one of the coolest dudes ive ever met come to our spot and said he had a spot where the mushrooms grow rampant and asked if we wanted to go! That was an obvious yes. We hung around for a little bit and waited for the heat to die down, during that time he started pulling bottles of wine out of his car that he made himself. Holy that stuff was good. All of them were made from wild berries he picked himself, I was impressed being as I like to think I know my wines. His was amazing. So the time came to go hunting! What a glorious harvest we made. And no we weren't looking for those kind! Found lots of good edible mushrooms we were able to cook with so we made an awesome mushroom stew. Again life is just blowing my mind. Until next time motohouston!
Liked this post:
Old 07-28-2015, 05:10 PM   #39
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Awesome! Keep going and keep telling us about it, this is one of the best travel threads so far
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 05:15 PM   #40
pigfarmer
Banned

Bike(s):
Salsa Horsethief
Paugcho bobber

User is banned