Welcome back to us :/ Our hosts data center was down for the entire day.
MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2016, 03:08 AM   #181
Rykoson
Brawp Brawp!

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
www.shortfilmproductions.org
2009 YZF-R6-Rest in Peace
2011 ZX-6R Kawasaki Ninja-Track/Street

Member Garage

Dude this is a epic thread! Thank you for posting!
STREET SCHOLARS PRODUCTIONS-Hookit
Rykoson is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Chronicles of Bruiser--Tales of a Street Sweeper DLite Off Topic 2 09-16-2011 08:56 PM
Mr Bean , who would have ever thunk RACER X Car Forum 2 08-11-2011 01:01 PM
still more squidly gixxer tales craigntx General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-02-2011 06:07 AM
Tales from the Hood... Scorpio General Discussion (Moto Related) 30 03-09-2009 05:37 AM
bean bag prank SE_Ryder122 Off Topic 4 12-08-2005 12:20 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-11-2016, 08:03 AM   #182
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
I have a feeling we will continue to see more adventures from you while you are there. WAY too much to do out there!

If you haven't learned it yet (This is on my list of things to learn in my lifetime), try to pick up fly fishing. Some say it is an art and requires a lot of thought and patients. It's very intensive, but being in Alaska that would be awesome to do from time-to-time.

Also, whale watching should be a spectacular experience. You could probably get a great up close encounter if you rent a kayak... just be careful, a killer whale might mistaken you for a seal.

Good luck out there! Can't wait till the next update!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2016, 11:01 AM   #183
atvmxr

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
2001 Vulcan 800
CR125
LT500R
TRX250r
ATC350X

f'ing epic
atvmxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 04:01 AM   #184
Absalom

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rykoson View Post
Dude this is a epic thread! Thank you for posting!
Thank you for reading! I really do appreciate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
I have a feeling we will continue to see more adventures from you while you are there. WAY too much to do out there!

If you haven't learned it yet (This is on my list of things to learn in my lifetime), try to pick up fly fishing. Some say it is an art and requires a lot of thought and patients. It's very intensive, but being in Alaska that would be awesome to do from time-to-time.

Also, whale watching should be a spectacular experience. You could probably get a great up close encounter if you rent a kayak... just be careful, a killer whale might mistaken you for a seal.

Good luck out there! Can't wait till the next update!
Hey there flip! The adventures have been rollin, unfortunately I didn't get either of those in, focused mostly on hiking and stuff in the area as I stayed busy with work and the fishing spots were about 2 hours away.. and guides are pricey.. unfortunately no whales in Denali either lol. But I got your update coming!

Quote:
Originally Posted by atvmxr View Post
f'ing epic
Thank you brotha!
Absalom is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-18-2016, 04:02 AM   #185
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Well here we are! The end of my Alaskan experience, what I originally set out on the road to reach. I travelled many miles, made countless memories and experiences that will last a lifetime. Everything is feeling a little surreal tonight, not exactly sure what to think or feel right now. All I know is I am beyond grateful to have experienced all that came my way, the good and the bad. I am beyond excited to get home to my family and friends though, it has been a long while! I still have a long journey ahead and the road is calling my name again! My time in Denali has been great, have made many friends and got to see some beautiful land!

Tomorrow I head out to Glenallen, I found a flatbed truck that will be heading to Seattle in the next few days. So the bike will get towed through Canada and meet me in Seattle. I just don't really feel comfortable making that ride at this time of the year. Snow being the main concern, the peaks around here are already snow capped. So beyond that Ill have a decent ride HOME! Going to of course make a few more stops along the way. Shooting for Yellowstone and Grand Teton for sure.

So yes the time here in Denali has been great. Absolutely beautiful out here, I had a lot of fun! Ill touch on some of the things I got into- but mostly came to stop in and update everyone on the upcoming adventures.

First I want to thank some awesome brothers that flew a few thousand miles to come and do some epic hiking with me. Hunter and Kevin are brothers to me I cant thank yall enough for taking the time to come out and see me. We hiked the Kasugi ridge in a state park that is in the area. 25 miles of ridgeline hiking was pretty epic!
IMG 20160821 000121
IMG 20160821 180420
The pic above was our first night on the ridge. Mt. McKinley sits behind these clouds, unfortunately it didn't make an appearance for us as it remained quite cloudy. Which was pretty normal I came to learn out here, clear skies were rare! But we did get some clear skies during the night so we brought out or sleeping bags and listened to some Pink Floyd while star gazing. Was a night to remember. We ended up falling asleep outside later to be woken up by my Hunter shouting rain! We all shot up like rockets and hopped in our tents. Gave me a pretty good laugh. We ended up doing some rafting after our trip, ate a pizza with a pound and a half of fresh crab on top and just got to talk about all of our memories we have made together. Was really nice to see them.

I also got to participate in my first mini triathalon. Had a blast getting my kicked. The swim across the lake was the hardest swim ever, was COLD! Right once I got in I was regretting my plunge but we made it! Here is me after the race, lake is behind me!
No turn unstoned. Tales from The Bean

Also got some really good hikes in this year. A few photos from different hikes below.
IMG 20160827 201258
IMG 20160827 201456

In this photo below I was standing in the largest blueberry patch you will ever see, literally endless fields of fresh wild blueberries. I ate a lot of them this year! Also raspberries, cranberries, crow berries. Lots of wild foods out here!
IMG 20160812 221910

Photo of a young moose I watched eating from the bottom of this lake.
IMG 20160903 225600

It was quite rainy out here all season and Alaska has a great environment for mushrooms. So I really enjoyed going out and taking photos of them. Just for my own personal enjoyment!
IMG 20160722 143806
IMG 20160722 144658
IMG 20160722 144631

And NOW! For the most epic, beautiful and breath taking experience of my life! The NORTHERN LIGHTS! Cannot even fathom the beauty of these things, watching a sky full of fire unfold in front of your eyes is just something you cant describe. The way they move, the colors.. Geez. It was like watching music being made by the earth. Still mindblown. 2 Weeks ago we caught about a weeks worth of clear skies and the Aurora forecast was looking strong! So for a week straight we had nights of the greatest lightshow on earth. Some nights they were week, and some nights the lights raced across the sky at unreal speeds. Changing from pitch black to enough light to illuminate the the faces around you in seconds. When I got to Alaska- I didn't know if I was going to get to experience these things of wonder as you have to be in a certain place along the Aurora belt. Turns out I'm in a pretty good zone though so we had some epic nights. The inspiration that was drawn is something everyone needs to experience and I am so stoked this got to happen. I attempted a few shots and a few came out okay!

This first shot was probably my favorite- I took the scariest hike of my life up Mt. Healy in the pitch dark to get some viewing in. The thought of bears was in my head behind every corner. What a rush! Someone up top had a green laser and I thought it would make a cool picture!
IMG 20160831 023546

These next shots were taken at Otto lake, the best night of lights we witnessed by far. The entire sky was lit in a full range of color. Fricken incredible. Just a few that I got, got lost in some moments when they were really making their divine dance in the heavens.
IMG 20160903 230232

Hope yall enjoy them!

Last but not least tonight a few buds and I took a 3 mile hike into the woods to hang out by this cabin and chill by the fire. Was a great way to end this adventure- didn't have to many words to say just lots of thoughts and reflections on the journey that got me here. And now here we sit in a room all packed up and ready to continue this adventure onwards toward home.

Heres to The last Frontier. Heres to Alaska, land of untouched wilderness and clean waters, to the experiences of the good and the bad, to the love that has been shown to me throughout this journey and all that is to come. TO LIFE! Supremely grateful for all that has presented itself to me. Take care my friends, may your journey stay blessed.
Old 09-18-2016, 07:33 AM   #186
VicTOEmizer

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
rc51 (sold)
TTR 125 :)
Buell xb12r (sold)
2013 z1000 (sold)
Ducati multistrada :)

Wow! What an experience.
Old 09-18-2016, 11:36 AM   #187
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900

Awesome! Just awesome
Bevo- "I lack skillz"
bumblebee is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-18-2016, 11:13 PM   #188
rccarlson22

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
2013 Ducati Diavel
2006 Suziki GSXR 600
2002 Kawasaki KX250
1996 Kawasaki KLX 650

Wow man, you're like Bear Grylls meets Long Way Round with a hint of That 70's Show.

epic journey I just spent a good hour living that adventure you had. Makes you think about your own position in life.
rccarlson22 is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-19-2016, 09:13 AM   #189
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

What an epic thread! Keep up the awesome posts!

Don't worry about not being able to do the things I mentioned... I'm pretty sure you will have other opportunities to do them one day. Especially since I believe you will do this trip many more times in your future.

We all hope to make adventures like yours one day as well
Quote:
Liked this post:
Old 09-19-2016, 10:46 AM   #190
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

Best bike related thread here.
Liked this post:
Old 09-21-2016, 11:14 AM   #191
loosenoose
veteran novice

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
07 sv650!

Member Garage

great pictures of the aurora! i need to see the lights for myself some time.
loosenoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 09-21-2016, 12:06 PM   #192
jimrad
Moderate pace forever .

Trackdays: 7

On my ride list too.
Liked this post:
Old 10-02-2016, 02:20 PM   #193
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Thanks for all of the love everyone, sorry to be getting back to yall so late. I've been doing lots of traveling and running around without the bike. I'll go ahead and give a quick update though!

Leaving from Denali I said my goodbyes and gave my love and blessing to the land that treated me so well and made my way to glenallen to drop the bike off. The ride there was quite the experience! I rode down the Denali highway which was about 130 miles of unpaved road through the heart of Alaskan lands. Wide open tundra and mountain landscape, turn out its full of hunters looking to take down a caribou or Moose. Hundreds of them line the road with their camps hoping to take home some fresh meet. Was cool to see, was a tad bit jeoulous as well. The ride was slow, steady and cold!- probably averaging around 40mph the whole way. So it was a good days ride for sure. I caught a few patches of snow and rain coming down but finally made it to the end of the road around 6pm. Decided to call it a night and make my camp before finishing the ride to glenallen.

Woke up the next morning and had 2 hours to bust out before reaching the bike drop off point. Such an amazing beautiful ride, I saw this mountain from an hour out and finally got pretty close, thing was absolutely huge! What a beauty right?

I made it to glenallen and said my goodbyes to the bike, wished her a safe journey through Canada and promised I would be seeing her soon to continue this journey HOME! I haven't been homesick at all, but towards these last week's I have been feeling the call of my friends and family. I do miss then greatly!

I took a 4 hour bus ride to Anchorage and made my way to the airport heading for Seattle! First stop was in Portland then flying from there to Seattle. Was the cheapest way to get there for whatever reason. When I landed in Portland I got a call from a best homie and asked if I wanted to spend some time at a festival in California as well as just hanging in the redwoods for a while. Bike wasn't going to be in Seattle for another week and a half so I said come on with it! I hopped on craigslist and found someone leaving Portland to nor Cal the next day so I hopped aboard.(craigslist is awesome)

After a day of driving I wad United with a great friend once again, o how long it had been! We gave a long hug and drank a long overdue beer together. Had a stellar sleep underneath the redwoods and got to rolling to the festival the next day to reunite with my crazy/awesome/weird/psychedelic cosmic family. And.. we definitely got into all the above. Full of shenanigans, I got to let loose and release some things I have been holding onto for a while now. Much needed connections were brought to me. I may not always get what I want, but I sure do always get what I need!

Leaving the festy we headed back up north to hang out with the Giants. So that puts me here! I'm kind of just hanging out as I'm enjoying my time, riding the flow and going with what feels right. The bike made it to Seattle and I know she's ready to make it home. So we will get to that so in due time.

Until next time everyone.

Ride the wave, be the flow and follow your heart and nothing else. It will speak if you take the time to listen. Mucho Amor
Old 10-02-2016, 05:18 PM   #194
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccarlson22 View Post
Wow man, you're like Bear Grylls meets Long Way Round with a hint of That 70's Show.

epic journey I just spent a good hour living that adventure you had. Makes you think about your own position in life.
Hahaha not quite the Bear grills I would like to be yet! But we're making it, I appreciate that!

Ya I'm very fortunate to of been able to do this, strange to look back and see all the pieces of the puzzle to get me here.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:19 PM   #195
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
What an epic thread! Keep up the awesome posts!

Don't worry about not being able to do the things I mentioned... I'm pretty sure you will have other opportunities to do them one day. Especially since I believe you will do this trip many more times in your future.

We all hope to make adventures like yours one day as well
You the man flip! Thanks for all your words, they are appreciated.
Old 10-02-2016, 05:20 PM   #196
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimrad View Post
Best bike related thread here.
Thanks Jim, enjoy yall giving me a spot to put it all
Liked this post:
Old 10-02-2016, 05:21 PM   #197
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by loosenoose View Post
great pictures of the aurora! i need to see the lights for myself some time.
is nuts! Thank you, my first sattempts came out ok I think!
Old 10-03-2016, 08:46 AM   #198
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Great to see you are making a journey of it all going back home

Be safe out there and just keep it nice and steady. Hope to catch a beer with you once you are back in H-Town!
Quote:
Old 11-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #199
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Quote:
Great to see you are making a journey of it all going back home

Be safe out there and just keep it nice and steady. Hope to catch a beer with you once you are back in H-Town!
For sure brother, I've been dying to get my hands on some Lone Pint yellow rose IPA. Let's make it happen!
Liked this post:
Old 11-03-2016, 08:03 PM   #200
Absalom

Bike(s):
07' Gsxr600
07' Zx6r (sold)

Howdy 2 wheeled family! I've got some exciting news, I have arrived back in Texas after 2 days of hard riding. I figured I'd give another update before my last one tomorrow!

I know I have led yall on many times about what I was doing and stretched this journey out much longer than expected, but alas I did decide to start the long haul home!

As I stated my bike was shipped through Canada and awaited me for a few weeks while I was beach bumming in Cali. Well I finally decided to fly out and pick up the babe! Was a nice feeling having her back in my embrace straddled between my legs.. The weather wasn't looking well and I ended up riding through a total storm of rain arriving in Portland where I got to visit and hang out with some old girlfriends for a few days, they housed me and Danielle even lent me her bed while she slept with her roomie. O boy did I make myself comfortable! Lots of rain while I was there so didn't get to do to much but enjoy some food and be a super lazy Couch potatoe, which I really didn't mind. So a big thanks to Danielle for giving this hobo traveler a place to wait out the rain!

And I know what you're thinking. "Wow, those overalls are amazing! Where can I get a pair of those?" Nothing to fear everyone just ask and I'd be glad to point you in the right direction.
FB IMG 1478219440474

I don't think there's an untagged dumpster in the city of Portland.. Vote for death!

Leaving Portland I made my way for mount shasta, a beautiful mountain in Norcal known as the root Chakra of the earth. I drank from the headwaters and filled up my water bag with the purest water I have ever drank. Every sip I could feel life entering my body! It was late and I decided to just throw down my sleeping pad and get out the bag. I fell asleep easy and woke up around 1am with the outside of my sleeping bag stuck in a frozen crust from the wet ground! I said screw it packed up and made my way back out to the coast to hang out for a few more days before starting the ride home. I made it early morning and went to spend a day at the beach, that night I headed to the pier to watch the surfers and catch the sunset.

Another sunset from the buddies house
IMG 20161015 033840

I woke up and had that feeling that it was time to actually head home for good this time so I packed the bags and got a good night's sleep before setting out for an epic ride. The only goal was to get home, i have adentured to the fullest and i am missing home. I was staying in Stronetta and my original plan was to head to Los angelas, I made It there and decided I could shoot for phoenix, after that I decided I could make it to tuscon. Turn out I had enough in me to get about 30 miles outside the New Mexico border! About 1100 miles, got my iron in! Last ride on the 1, love this road!

After getting about 5 hours of sleep at a rest stop (passed out on the grass in all my gear, I was pooped) I woke up and headed to a buddies that I haven't seen in years in Odessa, tx. Getting back into Texas was an awesome feeling, all the emotions came to life with my memories of how far I have gone. I pulled over and enjoyed my first Texas sunset in a long time and what a beauty it was!
IMG 20161102 165546

So that puts me here in Austin! Feeling good to be back here eating up all my favorite foods!

Tomorrow starts the FINAL RIDE! Catching many cases of the feels as the miles get shorter. I'm sure ready to see some friends and family. When I get home tomorrow I'll give yall an update along with all the mushy gushy weird stuff. Ride easy ADVrider!
Liked this post:

Advertisement