MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2015, 07:56 AM   #1
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Cbr 600 black
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

Just did one day Leakey trip (trailered )

Wasn't bad did 400 miles in leakey and came home. (22hr day) Lot more vehicles on the road then I have ever seen, specially 41and 337 west. There was a bunch of loose gravel on the beginning miles of 336 black top as well but only two deer., yay
The town looks like it is turning into little Mexico now and is booming I bet good riding days are numbered before it starts getting real crowded, or turns into like a mini Fredericksburg. I had so many dopey work trucks and campers come over the line at me on 337 I just started to hug the outer rail. Also had a cement truck turn in front of me and run me off the road.

All in all a great trip, the plants etc are all blooming so very beautiful ride.
The scenery in the river wasn't to bad either. Heh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	143.3 KB
ID:	86890  
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Day trip on a DRZ zpooch General Discussion (Moto Related) 6 04-16-2016 11:14 PM
Anyone have Day trip suggestions? Kawafasty General Discussion (Moto Related) 19 10-07-2013 09:11 PM
leakey trip 9-14 nwall1 General Discussion (Moto Related) 4 09-17-2013 09:47 AM
Cruisers day-trip? houstonch73 Cruisers Lounge 8 04-17-2009 05:35 AM
Day Road Trip Anyone??? noy609 Events, Meets and Rides 38 04-05-2009 11:32 AM
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2015, 08:00 AM   #2
Seawall

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year
Trackdays: 4

Bike(s):
09 YZF-R6 Track/Street

good to know you made it back home, and good to know what could happen out there in the twisted sister roads. i'll be there with a group next week, hope the weather cooperates.
Old 07-10-2015, 09:20 AM   #3
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

Be safe
Old 07-10-2015, 03:50 PM   #4
HoustonHD

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2010 HD Ultra classic
'73 HD FX choppa!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kawafasty View Post
Wasn't bad did 400 miles in leakey and came home. (22hr day) Lot more vehicles on the road then I have ever seen, specially 41and 337 west. There was a bunch of loose gravel on the beginning miles of 336 black top as well but only two deer., yay
The town looks like it is turning into little Mexico now and is booming I bet good riding days are numbered before it starts getting real crowded, or turns into like a mini Fredericksburg. I had so many dopey work trucks and campers come over the line at me on 337 I just started to hug the outer rail. Also had a cement truck turn in front of me and run me off the road.

All in all a great trip, the plants etc are all blooming so very beautiful ride.
The scenery in the river wasn't to bad either. Heh

dear what a long day. Next time get a room at the end of that long day and crash and drive home next morning refreshed. Maybe I'm getting too old to drive 3hrs, ride all day then drive another 3hrs.
HoustonHD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 06:43 PM   #5
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

Heh was a 5 hour drive with a slow trailer. Honestly if I stay till the next day I will just ride all day and be right back where I started. Other than loading the bike up, being tired, I wasn't going to sleep until after midnight anyway, might as well roll on home. May go again in a month and stay a night so I can do the fun camping stuff, fire, grill, etc
Old 07-10-2015, 06:45 PM   #6
Kawafasty
I make little kids cry

Bike(s):
'13 zx-14 r. Red
(Sold) 2009 Kawi 650 red

No way you can wake up look at those hold and not get on em a least one more time

Advertisement