Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Motorcycle News & Media > Racing News
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2015, 05:30 AM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Guy Martin to attempt land speed record

367mph in 1000hp Triumph Rocket III streamliner

Guy Martin to attempt land speed record

GUY Martin will attempt to set a new motorcycle land speed record in a 1000hp Triumph Rocket III streamliner.

The road racer and TV presenter will try to break the current record of 376.363mph at the Bonneville Salt Flats on August 23-27.

The FIM world record attempt to take place over a measured mile for a Channel 4 programme to be shown in September.

Martin, 33, said: ‘The phone went about a month ago and I was asked “How do you fancy trying to become the fastest man on two wheels?’ And I said: “Yeah, I fancy that quite a bit thank you very much.”

‘Breaking the world land speed record isn't normally the sort of thing you get offered in your tea break, is it? And I’m well up for it. Bringing the record back to Britain would be mega too. Spot on, let’s get cracking.’

Triumph held the title of ‘World's Fastest Motorcycle’ from 1955 to 1970 with the exception of a brief 33-day period.

Martin’s methanol-fuelled streamliner features a carbon Kevlar monocoque construction with two turbocharged 2249cc Triumph Rocket III engines. It will compete in the Division C (streamlined motorcycle) category.
  • Sign up for Visordown's weekly newsletter, Bugsplat, to get the best motorcycle news, road tests and features plus exclusive competitions and offers direct to your inbox. Register as a Visordown member here and tick the box for Bugsplat in your newsletter settings here.
Related Content

Guy Martin on Top Gear rumours
BBC reportedly close to signing Guy Martin as Top Gear presenter
Guy Martin back on TV with new series
Series two of Guy Martin’s ‘Speed’ now on TV
Guy Martin to race the WEC 24 Hours of Le Mans

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote