MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > Technical > Performance and Modifications
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2015, 02:13 AM   #1
roccos04gsxr

Feedback Rating: (0)

2004 gsxr throttle lag please help

Ok I bought a 2004 gsxr 600 when I got the bike it wouldn't tack over 8 grand and had very bad throttle response it has a full micron serpent exaust system and pc3 the guy said it runs shotty because he disconnected the battery and it reset the power commander I unplugged the power commander hooked up the stock ecu runs good up to 10,000 then very bad lag so I took off the micron muffler and just left the serpent exaust straight pipe now the bike will rev almost to 14 grand but laggs bad getting there but you can ease it to red line . It was also throwing the fi code c28 which is the secondary throttle valve actuator so I looked up you can either solder the inside connectors which is the common problem or you can unscrew and pull out the secondary butterflies because all they controlled is the idle and low rpms but when I took off the breather box the secondary butterflies were already took out I checked for a kinked fuel line can't find one the c28 is the only code I'm getting and higher rpm is better without exaust with the stock ecu also I was wondering when I cut my engine kill switch to on the pump primes as normal but if I cut it off and right back on it primes again and will do so everytime I cut the kill switch on and off when the bike isn't running is that normal to keep priming or should it keep fuel psi until started . When I get on the bike im lucking to shift at 11 because the lag is so bad and if I ease about half throttle it clumps rps slowly does anyone know what problem I might have ?
roccos04gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
01 gsxr 1000 throttle bonestockgxp How To's and Q & A's 0 03-31-2013 09:07 PM
2003 gsxr 750 throttle problem??? snoopy281 How To's and Q & A's 2 03-06-2013 09:49 PM
secondary throttle on a gsxr woodyonagsxr General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 09-06-2012 11:11 AM
Throttle Response Lag Time... Fusion Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 2 10-17-2010 12:52 AM
bad lag in r1 ikp460. How To's and Q & A's 42 12-06-2006 06:14 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-10-2015, 03:25 AM   #2
Aunnest

Quote:
Originally Posted by roccos04gsxr View Post
Ok I bought a 2004 gsxr 600 when I got the bike it wouldn't tack over 8 grand and had very bad throttle response it has a full micron serpent exaust system and pc3 the guy said it runs shotty because he disconnected the battery and it reset the power commander I unplugged the power commander hooked up the stock ecu runs good up to 10,000 then very bad lag so I took off the micron muffler and just left the serpent exaust straight pipe now the bike will rev almost to 14 grand but laggs bad getting there but you can ease it to red line . It was also throwing the fi code c28 which is the secondary throttle valve actuator so I looked up you can either solder the inside connectors which is the common problem or you can unscrew and pull out the secondary butterflies because all they controlled is the idle and low rpms but when I took off the breather box the secondary butterflies were already took out I checked for a kinked fuel line can't find one the c28 is the only code I'm getting and higher rpm is better without exaust with the stock ecu also I was wondering when I cut my engine kill switch to on the pump primes as normal but if I cut it off and right back on it primes again and will do so everytime I cut the kill switch on and off when the bike isn't running is that normal to keep priming or should it keep fuel psi until started . When I get on the bike im lucking to shift at 11 because the lag is so bad and if I ease about half throttle it clumps rps slowly does anyone know what problem I might have ?
I have a 05 gsxr bro xD every problem you have and add going to have i just finished going through. Your c28 code is indeed your secondary butterflies. If you would like you can use my sensor and see if your code stays. I also have a solder gun if u want to do the repair. I actually had a c28 code this morning but I've been messing with my tps and everything in that area anyway.... Let me know
Aunnest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 03:26 AM   #3
Aunnest

Quote:
And yes everytime you flip the killswitch it will just keep priming and priming and priming
Old 07-10-2015, 03:34 AM   #4
Aunnest

And what is your tps reading while your in dealer mode? -[00? _[00? Or. The line at the top? Because it alters alot of your throttle components
Old 07-10-2015, 04:18 AM   #5
roccos04gsxr

Thanks but It would be pointless now to fix or replace the sensor since the secondaries have been done away with but I'm prob stuck with that Dang fi light and haven't checked the tps sensor because it never gave me a tps code saying anything was wrong with it can I maybe adjust it and see if that helps idk very aggravating
roccos04gsxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2015, 12:01 PM   #6
Aunnest

Quote:
Thanks but It would be pointless now to fix or replace the sensor since the secondaries have been done away with but I'm prob stuck with that Dang fi light and haven't checked the tps sensor because it never gave me a tps code saying anything was wrong with it can I maybe adjust it and see if that helps idk very aggravating
Well thats true with the sensor. As far as your tps. Your not going to get a code for it regardless. Its set to your preference but your line is suppose to be in the middle after your bike is warmed up and idled. U can run it with the line low but it will kinda die on idle. If you run it with the line high you run lean. You get jerky throttle response. You backfire everytime you let off the throttle. And u can't cruise at low speeds. It turns your throttle into a on off switch

Advertisement