MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 08-03-2015, 09:09 PM   #61
mathews

Feedback Rating: (0)

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

Actually Carpenter builds some of the best Hayabusa motors around.
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is there a bike mechanic in sw plisi General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 09-25-2012 12:09 AM
Bike Issues (not mine) CDN_bacon Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 5 03-07-2012 11:46 AM
Bike mechanic to go with me?? Father of Two General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 07-28-2010 08:04 AM
bike issues... BadApple General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-02-2009 10:51 AM
Bike Issues???? Gimphsp How To's and Q & A's 18 11-26-2008 04:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 08-03-2015, 09:36 PM   #62
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
I would not feel bad at all if my motor was at carpenter. Are they building it back to stock or are they doing a big bore or something?
Old 08-04-2015, 08:33 AM   #63
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

Exactly what we said. Carpenter does great work, so we have zero worries that it will come back in great shape. The motor is coming back OEM.
MCCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 08-04-2015, 10:47 AM   #64
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
This thread stresses me out! I commend you OP for being SO patient... I would be in jail right now for taking a can of gas and a box of matches to that shop! Reading your exchange of messages only infuriates me more with my past experiences at a shop called Outsiders Cycles... I too had my bike in a shop for months... but I visited them daily and let my kindness and ignorance me in the end. I've spent close to $5k on my bike and only started to ride it in the last month, before then, I had only ridden it less than a hand full of times. The guys running that shop made promise-over-promises and never delivered completely. My confidence in my bike is minimal and I don't see it as a reliable bike for long distant trips.

Now @ roughly $5k in, I cannot afford to incur anymore downtime and the wife forbids me to do anything but wash it and ride... hopefully it does not give me any problems till late next year!

I absolutely feel for you and hope you will recoup some lost money in the end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 10:57 AM   #65
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Outsiders did that huh? I drive past it all the time. Did Neil do you right?
Old 08-04-2015, 11:13 AM   #66
flipstyledsm22
Lets go fishing!

Bike(s):
1994 FLSTC Pro-Street Chopper
1964 Tote Gote
2003 GSXR600 - SOLD
2004 ZX6R - SOLD
1986 VFR750 - SOLD

Send a message via Yahoo to flipstyledsm22
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewave18 View Post
Outsiders did that huh? I drive past it all the time. Did Neil do you right?

Neil was good to me! I will return for more work in the future... like next year

Matter-of-fact, Neil has had a lot of Outsiders customers pour in there lately. I'm glad I finally found a shop near me!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gixxerbill View Post
I hate perma bans they are sooo...permanent.
flipstyledsm22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #67
bluewave18
Safety Third

Bike(s):
08 Busa
03 XR 50

Good to hear it worked out for ya
Old 08-05-2015, 12:23 PM   #68
TomballD

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
DR350
XR50
TDub-200
XR100-Tarded
1981 XR80

I had those idiots at Cycle Gear Greenspoint tell me to go to Riderz because their tire machine was down. I took one drive past the place and ran for the hills, I'm lucky I didn't get carjacked just for being in the area. Sucks about the situation but maybe a little research next time can save you some head ache.
Old 08-12-2015, 01:45 AM   #69
GSXRCowboy

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

Yes I am very well documented on this issue. I will surely let the court filter this issue out. My bike has been rescued by MC Cycleworks and we have gotten the Engine back from Carptenter Racing. The team over at MC Cycleworks is doing a great job on the bike regarding putting it back together and I could not be more happy with how Chris over there handles business. He is very very detailed and informative.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_G View Post
I could see a month at a very busy shop during peak times.

but 5 is riduiculous, sounds like they took your money, spent it on other peoples stuff.

You never want your business surviving like that.

Had a conversion contractor like that once. Went from all vehicle converted in 3-6 months (actually 2.5 yrs). Paid per vehicle completed. Eventually it got so bad he was asking for checks before vehicles where completed to either complete vehicles or pay back their tabs from the previous retro's. Come to find out he was promising high and playing middle man.

Businesses like the one your dealing with and I've dealt with, dont last long and end in litigation.

Get your stuff back, and your money back. If they fight you, small claims will get it back. Theres laws that shops must abide by that prevent this sort of thing from happening. Do you have a copy of your work estimate?
GSXRCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2015, 02:25 AM   #70
GSXRCowboy

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by flipstyledsm22 View Post
This thread stresses me out! I commend you OP for being SO patient... I would be in jail right now for taking a can of gas and a box of matches to that shop! Reading your exchange of messages only infuriates me more with my past experiences at a shop called Outsiders Cycles... I too had my bike in a shop for months... but I visited them daily and let my kindness and ignorance me in the end. I've spent close to $5k on my bike and only started to ride it in the last month, before then, I had only ridden it less than a hand full of times. The guys running that shop made promise-over-promises and never delivered completely. My confidence in my bike is minimal and I don't see it as a reliable bike for long distant trips.

Now @ roughly $5k in, I cannot afford to incur anymore downtime and the wife forbids me to do anything but wash it and ride... hopefully it does not give me any problems till late next year!

I absolutely feel for you and hope you will recoup some lost money in the end.
Your comment about being confident is the reason behind my want to have it get a new set of everything.

I cannot say for sure what happened to my bike but it was respectfully sent to a reputable company to have it reworked and that stands up in my mind as a good thing. I know the shop manager at Riderz Garage didn't seem to know where my motor was but the owner Reggie knew where it was. Once i talked to the Mechanic (Ed) at Carpenter Racing he said my engine was redone 6 weeks ago (at the time of the phone call) but payment of the work was not done to them. I can assume it was clerical error or Riderz Garage utilized my up front money on other things and could not pay for my engine when it was time to pay.

The blessed part is the bike has an engine and is in good hands now. My goal is to see the bike running then actually keep dumping money into it to get it in t a show bike condition. I don't plan on running it as a race platform bike in any way so it does not need to put out 300hp or do 300mph... I can leave that type of performance up to the ZX14 soon enough... LOL

It is heartbreaking to have had work done and still be concerned about it leaving you stranded on a trip or friendly joy ride around Houston with others.

I am officially titling my busa the "Rescue" bike. Seems fitting for now.

I hope your bike treats you like a king for a long time to come.
Old 08-12-2015, 02:31 AM   #71
GSXRCowboy

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomballD View Post
I had those idiots at Cycle Gear Greenspoint tell me to go to Riderz because their tire machine was down. I took one drive past the place and ran for the hills, I'm lucky I didn't get carjacked just for being in the area. Sucks about the situation but maybe a little research next time can save you some head ache.

Understood. I can't really explain this well but I am fond of the little man type shops because I have always had a good return. I am an old fashion handshake kind of guy. Honor and Respect is something I value. I don't mind the area because at times you can find a hard working people doing a of a good job in a place that they can afford. This again clearly did not work in my favor this go round.
Old 08-13-2015, 12:26 AM   #72
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

MCCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:

Advertisement