MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-22-2015, 07:03 PM   #41
GSXRCowboy

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

I will need to pick it up and take it away. I have reached my limit with them. for weeks now I have been told all is well and going smooth. no issues and that the bike should be ready to go when i return on the 24th. Then just today I get an email saying my engine will not be delivered back to their shop until July 24th and then they need 8 working days to complete the bike.

My bike has been in that shop for at least 3 months now if not longer. I think i dropped it off back in April.

It is more than disappointing to be lead to believe all is going well and then at the end of the deadline be told a completely different story by a completely different person, a "partner" or Shop manager when I have been dealing with the owner this entire time.

I need to make arrangements with the shop on the collection of my bike.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinosaur View Post
If you need to pick it up to take elsewhere I have a trailer
GSXRCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
is there a bike mechanic in sw plisi General Discussion (Moto Related) 23 09-25-2012 12:09 AM
Bike Issues (not mine) CDN_bacon Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's..... 5 03-07-2012 11:46 AM
Bike mechanic to go with me?? Father of Two General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 07-28-2010 08:04 AM
bike issues... BadApple General Discussion (Moto Related) 7 06-02-2009 10:51 AM
Bike Issues???? Gimphsp How To's and Q & A's 18 11-26-2008 04:15 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-22-2015, 07:06 PM   #42
GSXRCowboy

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

They are on facebook but i am not sure who you are referring to. The "owners" name is Reggie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neon Samurai View Post
Isnt that owner the guy on facebook
Old 07-22-2015, 09:19 PM   #43
mathews

Bike(s):
2007 GSXR1000
2005 Hayabusa

Quote:
Originally Posted by tuchainz View Post
This is the second time I've heard negative things about that place. They advertise a lot on Craigslist and apparently they screwed over someone because one of their customers posted a rant about how they got ripped off from them and not to use them.

I know Motorcycles Unlimited has a good reputation, but they're a little far for me so I've been taking my bikes to Jay at JB Cycles on Pinemont (close to my work). He's a one man shop, but he knows his stuff and has been around a while.
I have known Jay for over 25 years.One of the smartest and most honest guys out there.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:36 PM   #44
Romeo36
Mother****ersi'llkillyou

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
sv650,rc51,gsxr750,6oo,sdg107

Send a message via AIM to Romeo36
wait. Didn't you say they were going to rebuild it? Now they say it won't be at the shop till the 24th? Did they send it out to get rebuilt? Or did they just order you a used one?
Old 07-22-2015, 11:23 PM   #45
shsu1k

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
04 GSXR 750

i'd take it to romeo36's shop. i've always had work done there. He can be a pain in the because of his busy schedule, but atleast he's honest.
shsu1k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 12:14 AM   #46
GSXRCowboy

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

Yes, on my last visit into town i stopped by the shop expecting to see my bike in one piece and ready to ride but shockingly it was still in shambles with no motor in it. I spoke with Reggie the shop owner and he said they out sourced my rebuild and due to bad weather there was a delivery delay and hit would be in next week... Umm that was two months ago and my motor is still not in his shop and now I have been told it will be back in on Friday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Romeo36 View Post
wait. Didn't you say they were going to rebuild it? Now they say it won't be at the shop till the 24th? Did they send it out to get rebuilt? Or did they just order you a used one?
Old 07-23-2015, 01:10 AM   #47
GSXRCowboy

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

The Tail of a Busa and a Local Mechanic.

Set in a time starting on March 30th 2015

Busa Owner:
One day the owner of a 2008 Hayabusa stopped off at a local motorcycle accessory shop near NHwy 45 and West road to buy a new helmet for his son. While in the shop looking around he decided to ask the staff there if they knew any good local mechanics that would be able to give his Hayabusa an engine rebuild. A friendly guy working that day said he has his bike at a place called Riderz Garage just around the corner and that they do good work.
I decided to take a drive over to the shop on my busa and talk to them. When I got there I asked for a guy named Reggie (said to be the shop owner). The shop had several motorcycles in it and customers around along with a very friendly mechanic (who's name I cannot recall). This felt like a good sign so I met with Reggie, discussed my wants got a ball park figure and decided to come back the next day to drop off the bike. Reggie and I came to terms and that was the start of my bikes update.

April 1st.

Busa Owner:
From Singapore I contacted Reggie at the Riderz Garage to let him know that my wife would be in town in 2.5 weeks and if the bike was finished that she could come by and settle up on the final invoice and have the bike collected.

Mechanic Shop Owner:
"Everything is going Smoothly I removed the injectors for cleaning ,and the tank repair will be a breeze. Iíll message you when sheís complete also Just wanted to be clear we arenít rebuilding the engine yet? My cell number is .................... Feel free to call

Busa Owner:
If the engine seems fine to you then I am ok with not getting a pointless overhaul BUT if after you fire it up and take give her a spinÖ if you feel she is not at the top of her game then we can yank it and rebuild her. If you donít find a problem with the engine letís move into phase two and get her painted.

Mechanic Shop Owner:
April 23, 2015, "Hey can you give me a call"

Busa Owner:
April 27,2015 - "Hello Reggie,

I have not gotten any information from you on the bike options after we spoke on the phone last week. I need to see some progress on this bike.

You said the piston is weak on compression but not sure why and we discussed you sending me a quote for the following things,

A. Motor overhaul back to factory
B. Motor overhaul with additional compression and performance
C. Adding air ride suspension.

Please send me the estimates for the bike. Your first verbal Quote when I was there with you was said to be about 3k then your second verbal quote said 3500-4K So please nail down the actual quote price so we can move forwards.

As it stands right now I need the bike in perfect running condition by June 4th and that is just over 1 month from now. Is your garage able to overhaul the bike and have it ready by then?

Please send me a current invoice for the work you have already performed. I was originally scheduled to come back in May but now have to wait till June to return so if I need to have the bike collected from your garage I will make arrangements for payment of the invoice and collection. Had I came back in May my bike would not have been ready so I am a bit concerned that it has taken so much time and is not much further along than it was 6 weeks ago. I understand your garage might be busy so I need to prepare for moving it to another garage to insure it is done by June 4th if your shop is overloaded with work.

Mechanic Shop Owner:
April 27, 2015 - "We are very loaded currently i will have you a solid quote Tuesday invoice as well . I don't see any obstacles keeping us from meeting your new deadline. I do apologize there is no way we would've met the first. Thank's "

Mechanic Shop Owner:
April 29, 2015 - Riderz Garage send over a quote as requested

........... OK Pause here...... At this point in time my bike has already been in this shop for 1 month and I just got a firm quote and nothing except my injectors where checked... ???

Busa Owner:
May 2, 2015 - "Morning Reggie,

Yep i want it ovehauled back to OEM factory.

I need to have my daughter bring you a check because that is the only way i can get you that amount while i am out of town.

If you are good with that i can get her going your way. Once you cash the check i figure you can get started but for sure i can only come collect the bike in june as previously discussed.

Thanks man"

....................Ok so here I put down some money for the work as requested...... That check was cashed on May 6, 2015

Busa Owner:
June 2, 2015 - almost a month later and one phone conversation later telling me the bike would be ready... here is the next email I sent to Riderz Garage... Hello Reggie, Last we spoke you said my bike was all done and you would send me a final bill. I have not gotten and email from you yet with the final amount. I will be back in Houston on June 4 to come by and pick up the bike. I am going to spend the next 4 days after that driving it around TexasÖ LOL

I flew into town on June 4th as discussed and made a trip over to Riderz Garage to pickup my bike like I had been lead to believe was ready... Much to my surprise my bike was in pieces.

Mechanic Shop Owner:
June 4, 2015 - Reggie informs me the motor was outsources and due to bad weather in Houston there was a delay...

Busa Owner:
I left the shop floor and got in my car and drove home.

................Ok so now I paid for the rebuild of the bike on May 6th (as the check cleared the bank)... When going to the shop to collect the bike a month later it was still not ready on June 4th.........

Now another month as passed and it is July 2, 2015

Busa Owner:
Morning Reggie,

How is my bike coming along? I will be back in town on July 25th and would like to come pick it up. If it is not completed yet do you anticipate it will be completed by the 25th of July 2015 for me to collect? If not I would like a detailed update on why it will not be ready. I hear Houston had some more bad weather the past couple of weeks.

............ I started a post on MH to vent about my situation.... I then get an email from Reggie the shop owner of Riderz Garage asking me to call him and that he read my posting in MH...... I get what seems to be a heartfelt apology from him.

Mechanic Shop Owner:
July 7, 2015 - I have read your message on MH ,and don't want you to feel screwed in anyway i will make the time loss worth your while!! I do value my customer's and don't want any bad blood between you me or my business! ! You can reach me on my cell at .................... Thank's Again sir i do deeply apologize! !

Busa Owner:
July 10, 2015 - My friend Ron tells me the he had time to stop by and check on the bikes status and was told it will be done by my return date of July 24, 2015. That is indeed great news for me. He shared some pictures with me of the bikes current status and it seems the gas tank is primed up (I remember us talking about this due to the tank repair). I am glad to see it has been fixed and will not leak anymore. Did we decide to repaint it flat matt black? If we didnít determine that then I am ok with you painting it flat matte black like the rest of the bikes dip but only if you have time to finish it by the 24th. If you donít have time I will just receive it back with a primed tank and fix it.

Mechanic Shop Owner:
July 10, 2015 - Absolutely i will do! Keith i deeply apologize for not being truthful with you! I do want you to know i am a man of my word and will honor everything I've disclosed with you again I'm very sorry!! I will get get the bill to you A.S.A.P!

Busa Owner:
July 21, 2015 - Evening Reggie, Hope all is well with you and the family.

Can you please update me on the status of my hayabusa? Are we still on track for me to ride it home at the end of this week? Also can you please send me the final invoice so I can prepare your final payment when I arrive.

.............................Wait.... How many times did I ask for a final invoice?........

Mechanic Shop Owner:
July 21, 2015 - I'm out but everything is on track i have my partner preparing your invoice and will have him call you his name is Clay . Please send your phone number and best time to call my shop number is ....................

Busa Owner:
July 21, 2015 - My Number is ...................... We are 13 hours apart now so I would say the best time to call 8pm (local Houston time) That makes it 7am Singapore time. Or 7-9am Houston time is ok also.

Mechanic Shop - Shop Manager:
My name is Archie and am the shop manager for the shop. I wanted to touch base with you on the requested itemized list of work to your bike. Please see attached document. I also wanted to inform that the engine will not arrive at our shop until Friday, the 24th. At which point, our tech will need about 8 working days to install. Iím sorry as this may not be in the time frame that was originally discussed. Feel free to contact us for any questions.

.............. Wait! What!!! Did he just tell me my bikes engine is still not at the shop 6+ weeks later?..... Where did this motor go to be worked over?
Old 07-23-2015, 08:27 AM   #48
cdill35

Feedback Rating: (5)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2014 Phoenix 921 Pro XP w/ Merc 250 ProXS
11 Yam Zuma 125
Specialized Stumpy

Dude, I can't believe you were even willing to spend that kind of money on that bike. Reggie is gone.

Wonder if these new guys will hold your bike on some outrageous invoice you'll want to refuse payment. Mechanics lien.

If you've got that kind of cash to spend you should've just let Motorcycles Unlimited turnkey it all for you.

Last edited by cdill35; 07-23-2015 at 08:31 AM.
cdill35 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2015, 04:29 PM   #49
SideVinder650

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

^ That's besides the point, these guys need to fix their problems or return his money. He did everything right by professional standards, and its exactly how i like to do things make a deal pay for it, come back and pick it up.

Im just confused why its going to take 8 business days, if i recall correctly alldata's flag hours for rebuilding a 7.3l diesel engine (wer'e talking 100% complete, back in vehicles and operational) was only 20hrs if im not mistaken, please correct me if im out of line.
Old 07-23-2015, 04:41 PM   #50
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

8 working days to install a motor? My noob did it in 6 hours alone in my garage with no special tools!

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-24-2015, 02:02 PM   #51
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Today is Friday the 24th.

The engine arrived?
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:22 PM   #52
GSXRCowboy

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

Haha... I have the final invoice and it is is line with my quote. I do have the money and plan on spending more of it on legal action as needed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cdill35 View Post
Dude, I can't believe you were even willing to spend that kind of money on that bike. Reggie is gone.

Wonder if these new guys will hold your bike on some outrageous invoice you'll want to refuse payment. Mechanics lien.

If you've got that kind of cash to spend you should've just let Motorcycles Unlimited turnkey it all for you.
Old 07-24-2015, 03:39 PM   #53
urbanXJ
erect engorged member

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
2008 Versys

depending on how much is involved that may be a small claims court battle.
urbanXJ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2015, 03:53 PM   #54
GSXRCowboy

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

Yes you are correct. The invoice price is small claims... something I will gladly take to court. There are a couple different ways we can handle this legally.

Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanXJ View Post
depending on how much is involved that may be a small claims court battle.
Old 07-24-2015, 05:18 PM   #55
False

Quote:
I’m sorry as this may not be in the time frame that was originally discussed.

I guess he isn't sure if the bike is months late or not? Brilliant.

The motorcycle mechanics get away with is astonishing. Please stick it to this shop and allow us to live vicariously through the victory.
False is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 07-26-2015, 05:47 AM   #56
Fleadip

Bike(s):
KTM 1290 Superduke
KTM 390 Duke

Why would weather cause any delays? Does he work outside?
Fleadip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #57
phantomzrex

Bike(s):
2004 Kawasaki ZRX1200R R.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleadip View Post
Why would weather cause any delays? Does he work outside?
Exact same thing I have been wondering since I started reading this thread. I've worked in a lot of auto shops and we met deadlines in all weather except hurricanes.
phantomzrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2015, 12:35 PM   #58
40acres

Bike(s):
2008 zx-6r
2011 kx250f
2006 zx-6r (R.I.P.)
2004 RM 125 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by phantomzrex View Post
Exact same thing I have been wondering since I started reading this thread. I've worked in a lot of auto shops and we met deadlines in all weather except hurricanes.
If there is shipping involved, weather will affect delivery times. Next time there is a major storm or weather disturbance in the US, go to FedEx or UPS's website and read the big red disclaimer they put on there. Weather affects logistics in a major way. Not to say that this was really the issue or not, but weather would cause delays in an instance like this.
40acres is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2015, 08:20 PM   #59
GSXRCowboy

Bike(s):
2008 Hayabusa
2010 ZX 14
2001 Yamaha R1

Hello Everyone. Here is an Update to my drama.

I have located my engine and it is located at a shop called Carpenter Racing in.... Wait for it.... Wait for it.... NEW JERSEY!

My bike has been retrieved from Riderz garage as of last week and I have taken it over to MC Cycleworks. MC Cycleworks will put my bike back together. We are calling this a rescue bike now.

Due to my need to ride I obtained a very nice ZX14 that I could not be more happy with. This will keep me on the road until my busa is back in tip top shape to ride.
Old 08-03-2015, 08:51 PM   #60
Vegas Kid

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
07 R6-sold
12 TTR 50

New Jersey? Holy ...that thing is HOT...
Vegas Kid is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement