MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2015, 08:46 AM   #1
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

New Forum Sponsor- MC Cycle Works

I copied a bulk part of this from our post in the subforum, just added a few tid bits here and there.

MC Cycle Works is a brand new upbringing. We started with an initial focus on the ATV and side by side community but because of our passion in the motorcycle industry we have branched into that as well. We do have a dyno and tuning is going to be a big core part of our business. I am a dealer for Dynojet, Bazzaz, Dobeck Performance, and a few other companies offering stock and aftermarket parts. We will also be getting everything in from Flash-Tune very soon. We will branch out to Woolich shortly.

We work closely with a couple different fabricators here in town, and will be offering custom turbo systems, lifts, exhausts, etc very soon. We are located right next door to a powdercoating and fabrication facility, Rage Coatings and Fabrication, and will work closely with them to offer some great powder work as well!

We are also a full service repair facility. Between us there is nearly 15 years of experience in the automotive and motorcycle industry.

We are excited to be a part of the local community and hope to be here for many years to come!

By the way:

DYNO DAY!!! We are having a dyno day on July 11th from 5PM to 12AM. $30 gets you two power pulls with a printout! We are located at:

1920 Treble Drive Ste B2
Humble, TX 77338
www.facebook.com/mccycleworks
832-964-3535
MCCycles is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dyno Day at MC Cycle Works MCCycles Events, Meets and Rides 47 07-17-2015 10:02 PM
cleveland cycle works loosenoose General Discussion (Moto Related) 3 07-25-2011 09:20 AM
Other Forum Rant / Car Audio Forum? MiniG0D Off Topic 5 05-22-2011 12:38 AM
head-on MC / MC crash. ouchie!! bentgixxer General Discussion (Moto Related) 8 10-23-2009 12:02 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2015, 09:58 AM   #2
SilverBullet

Feedback Rating: (2)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2013 Yamaha Super Tenere
2011 Husqvarna TE630
2003 KTM 200EXC
2002 KTM 300EXC
1974 Suzuki TM400

I feel doubly blessed after reading this. Affordable dyno and a powder coater just out my backdoor that I never knew about. You see I have the office bldg just across the ravine from you with that nasty looking old '80's Winnebago parked in back. Welcome to the neighborhood, I'll be visiting soon.

And BTW these guys build and work on some crazy side by sides. I've drooled many times looking at those. Some appeared to be even near as high as a monster truck and audio systems that would make a SLAB'er proud.

_
SilverBullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 10:09 AM   #3
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

Thanks man! Yea the side by sides are my neighbor at rage! They are getting out of it and going into commercial and I'll be doing all the ATV and SxS work from here on!! I just installed a 2 post lift the other day and have started making blue prints from some pretty awesome stuff.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:21 AM   #4
SideVinder650

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
Suzuki SV650 2nd gen

Just out of curiousity, because i'd like to be there july 11th for the dyno special which sounds fantastic, but what does dyno runs usually cost on an avg day? Are they charged per run? per hour (like studio time?) Also, if one was trying to jet a carb bike, would he need to take the bike home to tinker before bringing it back for another run? Just kinda unsure how the whole process works.
Old 07-03-2015, 10:50 AM   #5
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

Basic tuning on fuel injected bikes is $160, that covers up to 2 hours of tuning. If it takes longer than that (which I've never seen before), it's $85 per hour.

For nitrous and turbo bikes, it's $100 an hour flat. For carb bikes, if we're going through and rejetting, it falls in the $100 an hour category as well. Or you can pay the $160 and go home and rejet it yourself and hope you come back with the right jetting, but that would be pretty counter productive lol. I'm pretty lenient with carb bikes, a lot of tuners won't even touch them. I don't mind making adjustments here and there, just can't kill myself on time if I'm taking carbs on and off 3 times. Finding the right jet is pretty easy though.
Old 07-04-2015, 06:20 PM   #6
silverslug00

Member Garage

Wonder how long till yall will be doing flash tunes.
silverslug00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:33 AM   #7
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

I have already signed up with Flash Tune and will be offering that service sooner than later.
Old 07-05-2015, 12:25 PM   #8
ferris bueller
ferris bueller

Trackdays: 2

Bike(s):
06 buell xb9r
92 fzr 660r streetfighter (totalled )
to many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCycles View Post
Basic tuning on fuel injected bikes is $160, that covers up to 2 hours of tuning. If it takes longer than that (which I've never seen before), it's $85 per hour.

For nitrous and turbo bikes, it's $100 an hour flat. For carb bikes, if we're going through and rejetting, it falls in the $100 an hour category as well. Or you can pay the $160 and go home and rejet it yourself and hope you come back with the right jetting, but that would be pretty counter productive lol. I'm pretty lenient with carb bikes, a lot of tuners won't even touch them. I don't mind making adjustments here and there, just can't kill myself on time if I'm taking carbs on and off 3 times. Finding the right jet is pretty easy though.
Can you dyno tune a buell xb9r? I work just down the street from u. It would b nice to find somebody close who could do a proper tune on my bike
ferris bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 12:38 PM   #9
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

I will need to get the data cable so I can hook up to it through TunerPRO. Outside of that, yea, we can map it. 😀
Old 07-05-2015, 12:43 PM   #10
ferris bueller
ferris bueller

Bike(s):
06 buell xb9r
to many to list

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCCycles View Post
I will need to get the data cable so I can hook up to it through TunerPRO. Outside of that, yea, we can map it. 😀
Awsome. I will be getting that soon and scheduling an appointment! !
ferris bueller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2015, 09:21 AM   #11
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

Just made a huge order with Woolich Racing so flash tuning ECUs is a go! I bought cables for most of the popular applications of sport bikes.
Old 07-09-2015, 09:39 AM   #12
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 1-3 months

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Great news!
Old 07-09-2015, 02:04 PM   #13
ferris bueller
ferris bueller

Bike(s):
06 buell xb9r
to many to list

I ordered my ecm cable today. Will have in a week or so Do I need to schedule an appointment to get a dyno tune or just walk in?
Old 07-10-2015, 11:21 PM   #14
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

Quote:
Originally Posted by buellfan1 View Post
I ordered my ecm cable today. Will have in a week or so Do I need to schedule an appointment to get a dyno tune or just walk in?
Please schedule an appointment. Give us a call- 8329643535
Old 07-10-2015, 11:24 PM   #15
MCCycles
MCCycles Turbocharged

Bike(s):
Turbo R1

Flash Stuff is in!!!!!

11667410 509357215878087 2525532095269363615 n?ohb2bcc113bd45a8eec4c40fd1858fe02e&ampoe561693BD

Advertisement