MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2015, 04:07 PM   #21
Buelligan

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2012 Triumph Street Triple
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

We had 8 on our rde and another 5 showed up later from ODODB. Trails were in good shape except some rutting on Sandy. Sorry we missed you Dave, maybe next time.
Buelligan is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Anyone riding november 11th night (weather permitting) Adamhijazi1 Events, Meets and Rides 1 11-11-2014 04:15 PM
Saturday, July 3rd - NOOB & Non-Noob Ride to F-ville 99 Chris Events, Meets and Rides 67 07-02-2010 07:21 PM
ming's houston tonite 6/21 weather permitting? onespeedpaul Events, Meets and Rides 6 06-21-2007 09:00 PM
weather not permitting me to ride Azylum Events, Meets and Rides 5 05-26-2007 04:54 PM
Anyone want to ride this week? (Weather Permitting) st3ph3n Events, Meets and Rides 37 08-17-2005 02:00 PM
Advertisement
Old 07-03-2015, 04:11 PM   #22
ArkansasDave

Experience: 2 years

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buelligan View Post
We had 8 on our rde and another 5 showed up later from ODODB. Trails were in good shape except some rutting on Sandy. Sorry we missed you Dave, maybe next time.
We didn't make it there till 12:30. We started the sandy trail and it was immediately apparent that I bought the wrong bike for my wife and that the trails are much more difficult than expected. She ended up doing well and navigating a lot of the obstacles well while only falling over minimally. She had fun and I had fun watching her make it over all the tree roots.
ArkansasDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 04:16 PM   #23
Buelligan

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

Yea, Sandy was the worst part of our ride today also, after that we rode Boy Scout, Fern, NW, and back in on Fern which were in pretty good shape.
Old 07-04-2015, 10:35 AM   #24
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

I'm sure you saw but there are still several trees down on the sandy trail. I counted 3 or 4 big ones in the first 2 miles.
Old 07-04-2015, 03:30 PM   #25
Buelligan

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

Yep, shows how bad trail maintaining is out there? We cleared that trail about 3 weeks ago. But we got it open! Forestry service doesn't clean trails, it's very rare. Now it's up to all of us to keep them clean. Group effort or we won't have a, open trail to ride in the SHNF. Everyone wants to ride, but not everyone wants to do what it takes to be able to ride. ODODB has helped get the east side open, but we are overwhelmed and our man power is not up to it totally plus we want to ride when we can like everyone else. The more people willing to come out on work days, the better chance we can get and keep the trails open for a long time. I always post work days on ODODB and our guys do come out, but the number of fallen trees just keeps growing every week. TRH helps but numbers have been very limited. I've posted here but have yet to get MH people out, and TWT members have started joining ODODB and helping. Anyway, thru preaching, we just have to get more volunteers involved to make sure we keep our trails open for the future.
Old 07-04-2015, 04:39 PM   #26
dbuck
Stayin' Young

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
02 Honda Superhawk

Send a message via AIM to dbuck
Larry, out of curiosity...have you reached out to the Texas Off road Network to help with the efforts?
dbuck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2015, 05:34 PM   #27
ArkansasDave

Bike(s):
2010 CRF450R
2014 Honda Grom
2015 KTM 250xc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buelligan View Post
Yep, shows how bad trail maintaining is out there? We cleared that trail about 3 weeks ago. But we got it open! Forestry service doesn't clean trails, it's very rare. Now it's up to all of us to keep them clean. Group effort or we won't have a, open trail to ride in the SHNF. Everyone wants to ride, but not everyone wants to do what it takes to be able to ride. ODODB has helped get the east side open, but we are overwhelmed and our man power is not up to it totally plus we want to ride when we can like everyone else. The more people willing to come out on work days, the better chance we can get and keep the trails open for a long time. I always post work days on ODODB and our guys do come out, but the number of fallen trees just keeps growing every week. TRH helps but numbers have been very limited. I've posted here but have yet to get MH people out, and TWT members have started joining ODODB and helping. Anyway, thru preaching, we just have to get more volunteers involved to make sure we keep our trails open for the future.
I've really wanted to help out but things coming up. I'll definitely try to make it out there for the next ride or work day. When I'm out there riding I'll make sure to pick up what I can.
Old 07-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #28
Buelligan

2015 KTM 200 xc-w
2008 KTM 144sx
2005 TTR125e (wife's)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbuck View Post
Larry, out of curiosity...have you reached out to the Texas Off road Network to help with the efforts?

dbuck, I have not, only gone to sites I'm a member of plus TRH, BUT if anyone wants to, feel free. I'm just one old guy trying to keep the trails in the SHNF open, Any help with this would be greatly appreciated by many.....

Advertisement