MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Dirtbikes, Mini's, ATV's.....
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2015, 04:02 PM   #1
AFdude

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
2015 Monster 821
2015 F800GSA
2015 WR250F
2013 WR250F

Pearland Parkway / El Franco Lee Park

I recently moved to the Pearland Area and like most of us here on MH, we have to trailer our bikes everywhere we ride. However, last Monday, when I was on my way home from Rio Bravo, I saw a couple guys on their bikes in the retention areas on the east side of Pearland Parkway. They looked like they were having fun while I was looking butthurt from having driven all the way across town to ride some flooded out trails. Google maps makes it look like there are a couple entry points at El Franco Lee Park or the shopping center near Pearland Parkway and Hughes rd.

So I realize that I'll still be trailering since my WR250f isn't plated. Has anybody hit these trails up already? Any specific times to go or avoid? Most importantly, has anyone been fined or gotten in trouble back there?

Thanks!
AFdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
tea works meet then pearland parkway target evogambino Events, Meets and Rides 18 09-06-2014 04:10 PM
Rider down Pearland Parkway. Cops still at the scene NewRider General Discussion (Moto Related) 1 07-21-2014 07:32 AM
'03 600RR Blue on Pearland Parkway Pre-K General Discussion (Moto Related) 25 03-04-2008 09:58 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-28-2015, 04:27 PM   #2
mx6er

Feedback Rating: (2)

Bike(s):
TL1KR
street legal xr50

Member Garage

used to ride my 50 many times over there way back when before the school and barry rose became a 4 way intersection, and the neighborhood popped up. I/we rode up and down the bayou, way out back by the park etc. all the way out to green tea. There was some good riding, nice way to kill a summer sunday afternoon.

as far as legality... dont get caught
mx6er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2015, 04:28 PM   #3
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

i always enter across the bridge at houghs rd. But i have always been on a plated bike so never had to park a trailer. There is a new neighborhood on the right where you could park and probably not be hassled. My brother rides out there quite a bit and never gets hassled.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:03 AM   #4
AFdude

Bike(s):
2015 Monster 821
2015 F800GSA
2015 WR250F
2013 WR250F

Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm also going to make an appearance at the Pearland Parks and Rec office today just to check all legalities. Being military drives the need to make sure I'm not going to get in any trouble.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, right?

I'll report back with any word from the City.
Old 06-30-2015, 10:17 AM   #5
BYRDMAN
WX MAN

Feedback Rating: (8)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2015 KTM Adventure 1190
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker
2007 KTM 300 XC smoker

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFdude View Post
Thanks for the advice, guys. I'm also going to make an appearance at the Pearland Parks and Rec office today just to check all legalities. Being military drives the need to make sure I'm not going to get in any trouble.

Check yourself before you wreck yourself, right?

I'll report back with any word from the City.

If I lived by those standards I wouldn't be able to ride my tard

JUST DO IT!
-Nike

AMERICAN MADE WITH MEXICAN PARTS
BYRDMAN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 03:21 PM   #6
Japawhat02
02 Tona

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
2002 Daytona

aint legal i know that for sure. No need to waste a trip lol
Old 07-07-2015, 09:11 AM   #7
AFdude

Bike(s):
2015 Monster 821
2015 F800GSA
2015 WR250F
2013 WR250F

So it seems it's doable. Just a little muddy. I checked in with the Pearland Parks and Rec, who said it is known that jeeps, quads and bikes are back there, but they are planning on making it green space for runners and cyclists. It will eventually connect all the way to Tom Bass I believe.

I also checked in with Brazoria County Constable's office. They said, "If there's a no trespassing sign, we ask that you avoid that area and if you're asked to leave or if someone files a complaint, do just that. Leave".

So I then over to El Franco Lee park to see where their access points were. There were "No Motorized Vehicles Past This Point" signs at the trailhead. I pulled up to the HC Sheriff patrolling the area and started asking questions about riding bikes, (pedal type) back there. He said, "it's totally fine. Just nothing motorized." He also said he has to tell people on quads to leave all the time since they are coming in from the back side of the park from Pearland. "And to be aware if you're on your bike back there. You may be sharing the trails with jeeps and quads if you cross the river."

I still got a chance to go check it out though. This time in the 4runner. Me and someone else from here *eh hum* got a chance to play on the trails. They're very muddy at this point and time so I'll wait a few days before going on the bike.

Advertisement