Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back > News & Media > Houston - Local News > Sports
Forgot info?

Welcome to! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2015, 06:10 PM   #1
Feedback Rating: (0)

Houston Dynamo to host Armed Forces Appreciation Night

Americans celebrate the country's independence on July 4. This year on July 3, the city of Houston, along with the Houston Dynamo, will hold Armed Forces Appreciation Night as way to say thank you to our nation's service members.

"When you sit down and think about what these guys truly sign up for and what they do for us, we truthfully wouldn't be standing here," said Houston Dynamo team captain Brad Davis.

Paying proper respect to those men and women in uniform is special to Davis, who has had someone in his own family serve in the Armed Forces dating back to World War II.

"I knew that I needed to do something bigger and better in life than just play this sport. I have a platform to be able to give back. It was just a 'no-brainer' for me at that point," he said.

Like those who came before him, Davis will get his chance to serve his country in his own way. Davis was named to the final 23-man U.S. Gold Cup roster.

"That's something that weighs heavy on my chest. Every time I get that opportunity, I take it very much to heart," Davis said.

dynamoarmedforces jpg

NewsBot is offline   Reply With Quote