MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 09:44 PM   #121
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO
 
del240z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, tejas!!!
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,740

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(









Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
hope your not talking about brandon from Motorcycles Unlimited...cause he only did freeway ..not idle(slow) wheelies

Yezir....
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
So is refusing to give it up.

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Clayton & Sonny Dee TWS (Texas World Speedway) Stunt Show 11/23 (pics inside) dbuck Stunters Lounge 12 11-24-2008 02:07 PM
ralph and clayton's track day yesterday Azylum Taking it to the Track 38 02-26-2008 06:43 PM
Stunt bike at the track.... Mr. Unassailable Taking it to the Track 49 02-25-2008 06:45 PM
Found clayton trying to stunt again.... Gimpin2Fold Stunters Lounge 14 08-31-2007 06:53 AM
CLAYTON MANN'S NEW STUNT SPROCKET del240z Stunters Lounge 9 04-06-2007 08:24 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #122
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H.I.C.
I agree just bring a bike I don't have to worry about scraping.
like i told house of pain.. if you want a stunt bike to learn on.. plan on me riding your track bike. otherwise find a bike
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:45 PM   #123
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
Brena, why are you speaking for him?


I was before because he was busy playing halo... That was me just stating the obvious of knowing Clayton
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:46 PM   #124
bumblebee
Yeah I'm flippin' YOU off
 
bumblebee's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Pearland
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 12,270


Bike(s):
'74 Suzuki GT380
'82 XS650 StreetTracker
'10 Ducati Streetfighter
'83 Yamaha Seca 900






This is goin nowhere. Stunting is hard and takes time to learn the skills. Fast track riding is hard and takes time to learn the skills.
They are apples and oranges.
And you nevfer answered my question. How long did it take you to learn to do idle wheelies?
bumblebee is online now  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:47 PM   #125
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?
 
Rick H.I.C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Magnolia
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,056

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable
like i told house of pain.. if you want a stunt bike to learn on.. plan on me riding your track bike. otherwise find a bike
Let me see umm no.
Bike to trash will be diffucult.
Wrong time of the year or I'd chunnck off a wad at it.
P.S. Just cuz:icon_bigg
__________________
LIVE IT WHILE YOU CAN!

Last edited by Rick H.I.C.; 06-24-2007 at 09:50 PM.
Rick H.I.C. is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #126
ownage
Banned
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,547












User is banned

.
ownage is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #127
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebee
And you nevfer answered my question. How long did it take you to learn to do idle wheelies?

i had a bet with some of the SE guys that i could do it in less than 5 hours...

lets just say they dont talk about it.

keep in mind.. I'm not normal, they dont call me JC for nothing, and I'm really going to watch a movie now
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:49 PM   #128
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H.I.C.
Let me see umm no.
Bike to trash will be diffucult.
Wrong time of the year or I'd chunnck off a wad at it.
You wont be going more than like 5 miles an hour .. take the fairings off and you will be good
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #129
maskale
Senior Member
 
maskale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,319

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight








Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable
AND FINALLY!!

This is what i've been waiting to see and i didnt catch it earlier.. ANYONE WITH A SPORT BIKE IS READY TO RIDE THE TRACK. NOT ANYONE WITH A SPORT BIKE IS GOING TO STUNT ... WHY? Why the is that? BECAUSE ITS HARDER TO DO!!!

bust a 1:50 at MSRH and see if that is easy, people dont stunt their new bike because they are more likely to crash than riding around a track, RIDING is what they already know how to do.



Did I say stunting is harder, No, cause I have never done it. I will say that riding on the track is easier for you cause you already know how to ride fast.
maskale is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:50 PM   #130
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick H.I.C.
Let me see umm no.
Bike to trash will be diffucult.
Wrong time of the year or I'd chunnck off a wad at it.
OMG.. I learned on my STREET BIKE! stock sprockets! NEVER WRECKED IT!!


grow some nuts or get outa the thread.


(just talking about the challenge, nothing personal. I luf yew too )
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:51 PM   #131
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable
OMG.. I learned on my STREET BIKE! stock sprockets! NEVER WRECKED IT!!


grow some nuts or get outa the thread.


(just talking about the challenge, nothing personal. I luf yew too )


AND NO CAGE, NO 12 BAR.. nothing.. My street bike was a YZF600r. NOT EVEN A SPORT BIKE :BangHead:
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #132
maskale
Senior Member
 
maskale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,319

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight








Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
You wont be going more than like 5 miles an hour .. take the fairings off and you will be good
why do stunters have those cages on their bikes, BUSTED crank cases.
maskale is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:52 PM   #133
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Ok if anyone is ACTUALLY INTERESTED pm him we are gonna watch movie now!!!
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #134
ownage
Banned
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,547












User is banned

.
ownage is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:53 PM   #135
maskale
Senior Member
 
maskale's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Lake Jackson, TX
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,319

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 6

Bike(s):
2005 CBR600RR Trackbike
2007 Warrior Midnight








claton if you think you can do it why don't you just go out and do it, seriously.
maskale is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #136
DLunsford21
Go Fast Or Go Home
 
DLunsford21's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: South Side
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 582


Bike(s):
06 Yamaha 600r -STOLEN-









Send a message via AIM to DLunsford21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable
AND NO CAGE, NO 12 BAR.. nothing.. My street bike was a YZF600r. NOT EVEN A SPORT BIKE :BangHead:
i consider it a sport bike
__________________
mattyqo6

R.I.P. Brother, You'll Forever Be Apart Of Us All
DLunsford21 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:54 PM   #137
ownage
Banned
 
ownage's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 7,547












User is banned

.
ownage is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:55 PM   #138
Patrick
Motorcycles Unlimited
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Houston
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 16,368

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
'14 Speed Triple R, '82 CB900F, '13 Streetglide






I'm not a part of this argument and kinda think it's being overblown, BUT, Clayton, if you think that going fast on a track is easy, I think you are in for an eye opener on what it takes to go fast around a track.

I'll tell you what, I've got a racer, he has stunted a bit but it's been strictly highway stuff.
Before you call foul, I believe Maskale made an excellent point about at least having some familiarity with each discipline before making the jump to the next level.

So, how about this, you do 1:58's at TWS (Texas World Speedway), and he'll try a slow speed parking lot wheelie IF you're able to accomplish that feat.

The reason I say IF, is because you're the one setting down the challenge, so you have to be able to back it up first before my guy has to respond.

What do you say?

I'll pay for your track day entry
I'll provide the lap timer and set up your suspension for you, as well as give you some pointers on lines.

If you can run 1:58's at World, he'll do an idle wheelie on a stunt bike, within 3 hours of trying it.

Just let me know and I'll get it set up.

Keep in mind, this is not about me saying stunting is easy. If you check my earlier post in the other thread, I said that both stunting and racing require a lot of skill.
I respect both disciplines greatly, and support both by sponsoring several participants in each, including indirectly yourself.

However, I think you are mistaken if you think that you can learn to go fast that quickly, let alone make the statement that you can drop 5 seconds the 2nd time you go out.

Don't let the comments of a few ignorant people on both sides of the coin get you riled up and blur your perspective, further widening the rift.

As motorcyclists we have enough enemies as it is without fighting within our own ranks.
__________________
Call or PM for the BEST PRICES in Houston for PARTS and ACCESSORIES.
MAKE SURE TO MENTION YOU'RE ON MH TO GET THE BEST PRICE!

NEED GEAR? We have a great selection in stock but if we need to order it we GUARANTEE FIT!
Where Houston riders go to have their bikes worked on, done right the first time!


muad

1964 FM 1960 West
Houston, TX 77090
Hours: Tues.-Fri. 9:30-6:00 Sat. 9-5:30
www.motorcycles-unlimited.com
http://www.facebook.com/motorcyclesunlimited
e-mail: patrick@motorcycles-unlimited.com
Patrick is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:56 PM   #139
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?
 
Rick H.I.C.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Magnolia
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 2,056

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250









Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable
OMG.. I learned on my STREET BIKE! stock sprockets! NEVER WRECKED IT!!

grow some nuts or get outa the thread.


(just talking about the challenge, nothing personal. I luf yew too )
Let you wad up my track bike trying to prove a point.... no
__________________
LIVE IT WHILE YOU CAN!
Rick H.I.C. is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 09:57 PM   #140
del240z
MH's #1 HOBO
 
del240z's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Houston, tejas!!!
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 7,740

Experience: 7 years

Bike(s):
None at the moment..... :-(









Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick
I'm not a part of this argument and kinda think it's being overblown, BUT, Clayton, if you think that going fast on a track is easy, I think you are in for an eye opener on what it takes to go fast around a track.

I'll tell you what, I've got a racer, he has stunted a bit but it's been strictly highway stuff.
Before you call foul, I believe Maskale made an excellent point about at least having some familiarity with each discipline before making the jump to the next level.

So, how about this, you do 1:58's at TWS (Texas World Speedway), and he'll try a slow speed parking lot wheelie IF you're able to accomplish that feat.

The reason I say IF, is because you're the one setting down the challenge, so you have to be able to back it up first before my guy has to respond.

What do you say?

I'll pay for your track day entry
I'll provide the lap timer and set up your suspension for you, as well as give you some pointers on lines.

If you can run 1:58's at World, he'll do an idle wheelie on a stunt bike, within 3 hours of trying it.

Just let me know and I'll get it set up.

Keep in mind, this is not about me saying stunting is easy. If you check my earlier post in the other thread, I said that both stunting and racing require a lot of skill.
I respect both disciplines greatly, and support both by sponsoring several participants in each, including indirectly yourself.

However, I think you are mistaken if you think that you can learn to go fast that quickly, let alone make the statement that you can drop 5 seconds the 2nd time you go out.

Don't let the comments of a few ignorant people on both sides of the coin get you riled up and blur your perspective, further widening the rift.

As motorcyclists we have enough enemies as it is without fighting within our own ranks.


Holy !!!!!

Instant threadkill!!!!!

That looks airtight clayton.......seems liek patrick know's what ur trying to accomplish and I think he just laid it out.....:eh:
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by honorsdaddy View Post
So is refusing to give it up.

If you keep looking in the pantry and finding out its empty, eventually you go to a restaurant.
del240z is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:30 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy