MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-22-2015, 04:43 PM   #41
Los
Gang Member

Feedback Rating: (7)

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
'04 Yamaha R6 Edition
'14 Yamaha R6

Send a message via AIM to Los
Was she your GF at the time or was that your first date?
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Went down lastnight. GSXR-DJ General Discussion (Moto Related) 34 07-31-2012 11:58 PM
missing cell phone from lastnight JRxGRUBZx Stunters Lounge 20 07-07-2011 03:16 AM
pics from lastnight's bbq Azylum Off Topic 62 01-17-2008 03:29 PM
Slamcharger went down lastnight... J-Row General Discussion (Moto Related) 87 11-27-2007 05:49 PM
Post Oak lastnight BoostJunkie General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 09-29-2005 02:46 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-22-2015, 04:50 PM   #42
green600
HG Chairperson

Feedback Rating: (3)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfuller View Post
My gf did the same to me on my busa when i had it... totalled it... I married her a year and a half later
Sounds like the beginning of a Lifetime network episode of my crazy ex.

One show I will watch when the women puts it on entertaining as .

yeah. I thought it'd be like riding with a condescending rossi.
green600 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:16 PM   #43
Crazy_Ian

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Ninja 650

76% percent of all motorcycle fatalities happen after 2am on Saturday and Sunday morning. Seen another way, you only have 1 chance in 4 of making it home alive if your out riding then. Good Luck.

-RIP RIDER-

(Wonders if was a gang initiation thing).
Crazy_Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:47 PM   #44
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Link to that number, 76%
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 05:56 PM   #45
wolverine1

Experience: 6 years

Bike(s):
2012 Ninja ZX6R
2005 Ninja ZX10R
2008 Ninja ZX6R

My friends brother was riding with them and he said the guy was riding like a . Acting all crazy and . From what he said it wasn't the SUV drivers fault, "whoever" pretty much lied to the cops. If that is the case and they find said SUV driver and he gets charged then that's bullshit. They still left the scene so you get them for failure to render aid but nothing else. Shouldn't have been riding like an .
Old 06-22-2015, 06:40 PM   #46
Nastynesto85
Richard Serdown

Experience: 9 years
Trackdays: 3

Bike(s):
Dual sport 14 ninja zx6r
06 cbr 600rr (sold)
05 cbr 600rr (sold)
04 Ducati ss800 (sold)
02 gsxr 600 (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine1 View Post
My friends brother was riding with them and he said the guy was riding like a . Acting all crazy and . From what he said it wasn't the SUV drivers fault, "whoever" pretty much lied to the cops. If that is the case and they find said SUV driver and he gets charged then that's bullshit. They still left the scene so you get them for failure to render aid but nothing else. Shouldn't have been riding like an .

If it's got or tires , it's going to cost you
Nastynesto85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2015, 06:46 PM   #47
maxgs

Member Garage

Last edited by maxgs; 06-22-2015 at 06:49 PM.
Old 06-22-2015, 06:48 PM   #48
maxgs

Member Garage

RIP to the rider. Prayers to his family.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:01 PM   #49
RACER X
what R you lookin' at?

Feedback Rating: (26)

Trackdays: 8

Bike(s):
'14 Honda GROM! 181cc of fury!!
'10 Aprilia Tuono Factory-SOLD
'08 Busa - sold
A few more bought
A few more sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolverine1 View Post
Dun dun duuuun
Trump/Zimmerman 2016
Make America Great Again!
RACER X is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-22-2015, 10:52 PM   #50
cuong-nutz
Resident 250 guru

Feedback Rating: (9)

Bike(s):
Ninjer 250

Has news caught wind of this? Lol
Old 06-23-2015, 06:28 AM   #51
CraigRR
CMRA # 147

Feedback Rating: (3)

Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2009 Honda CBR 1000RR ABS
2011 EX250NinjaR
2001 Yamaha TTR-L (sold to Jimrad)
2015 KTM RC 390 CUP

RIP
Old 06-23-2015, 07:01 AM   #52
BuckNut
Banned

Bike(s):
Huffy
None
None
None

User is banned

BuckNut is offline   Reply With Quote
Liked this post:
Old 06-23-2015, 10:01 AM   #53
Jae
Kilted Basterd

Feedback Rating: (9)

Experience: 9 years

Bike(s):
Naked Sprint
Russian POS
Angry Max/Tub
Pile o' Hyosungs

Member Garage

Whether the rider was right or wrong in his actions leading up to the accident, RIP. That really sucks for his friends and family who are left to deal with this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ian View Post
76% percent of all motorcycle fatalities happen after 2am on Saturday and Sunday morning. Seen another way, you only have 1 chance in 4 of making it home alive if your out riding then. Good Luck.

-RIP RIDER-

(Wonders if was a gang initiation thing).
What that shows is you have a poor comprehension of statistics. Assuming that your "76% of fatalities" number is correct, that just means that of all the deaths that have occurred while riding, 3 out of 4 have occurred during that time period. That says nothing of the proportion of deaths vs. total riders during that time period.

For the sake of numerical simplicity, assuming that there are 100 riders on the road during any given time frame, there could be 4 fatalities over the course of any given day with 3 deaths between 2am-6am on the weekend. That would give your 75% occurring during that time period.

With your assertion that you have a 1-in-4 chance of making it home alive, you're saying that 75 of those 100 riders on the road in that time period are going to die. Obviously NOT the same thing.
Jae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:07 AM   #54
batsper

Experience: 3 years
Trackdays: 9

Bike(s):
2013 GSXR 750
2009 DRZ400SM
2005 YZ250

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jae View Post
Whether the rider was right or wrong in his actions leading up to the accident, RIP. That really sucks for his friends and family who are left to deal with this.

What that shows is you have a poor comprehension of statistics. Assuming that your "76% of fatalities" number is correct, that just means that of all the deaths that have occurred while riding, 3 out of 4 have occurred during that time period. That says nothing of the proportion of deaths vs. total riders during that time period.

For the sake of numerical simplicity, assuming that there are 100 riders on the road during any given time frame, there could be 4 fatalities over the course of any given day with 3 deaths between 2am-6am on the weekend. That would give your 75% occurring during that time period.

With your assertion that you have a 1-in-4 chance of making it home alive, you're saying that 75 of those 100 riders on the road in that time period are going to die. Obviously NOT the same thing.

batsper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 10:58 AM   #55
Crazy_Ian

Experience: 1 year

Bike(s):
Ninja 650

Quote:

Yes, my statics are skewed, and I used probably an incorrect assumption. The best I found was 40-50% of motorcycling fatalities after 2am were due to alcohol. Trying to find just general numbers on all deaths after 2am showed old data in other states, but yes, not 75%, as motorcycles would probably be outlawed is 75 of 100 riders die every night after 2am. Makes for an interesting visual. But if my miscalculation makes you pay extra attention the next time your out late on 2 wheels... well then we all win.
Crazy_Ian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:00 PM   #56
pinball
I got slow

Experience: 4 years
Trackdays: 2

Big dirt bike (sold)
2003 Honda Sabre (sold)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy_Ian View Post
Yes, my statics are skewed, and I used probably an incorrect assumption. The best I found was 40-50% of motorcycling fatalities after 2am were due to alcohol. Trying to find just general numbers on all deaths after 2am showed old data in other states, but yes, not 75%, as motorcycles would probably be outlawed is 75 of 100 riders die every night after 2am. Makes for an interesting visual. But if my miscalculation makes you pay extra attention the next time your out late on 2 wheels... well then we all win.
Errors that glaring usually cause people to disregard the source entirely. Because of your "miscalculation," people will likely ignore most (if not all) of what you have to say. Unless it's to point out your mistake, I'd bet your post is forgotten as soon as it's read.
pinball is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2015, 12:02 PM   #57
sbfuller
the crotch-rocketeer!

Feedback Rating: (1)

Bike(s):
2006 Hayabusa (totaled)2007 Hayabusa, 2004 CRF 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Los View Post
Was she your GF at the time or was that your first date?
she was my gf at the time
sbfuller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 01:45 PM   #58
kipjones
Rider

Experience: 8 years

Bike(s):
2004 GSXR600
2003 GSXR1000 (sold)
2006 CRF250r

I think the stats being referenced are from the motorcycle training course that is required to get your M endorsement. Right about 50% of motorcycle fatalities occur between midnight and 3am on Friday and Saturday nights. Somewhere during that course they also mention that 3 out of 4 motorcyclists have some alcohol in their system between midnight and 3am.

Right about 48% of accidents involve riding at excessive speed as a factor, and about 48% of motorcycle accidents there is at least some alcohol in the rider's system. So watching your speed and staying sober helps a good bit. My rule of thumb is that I am rarely on the streets anymore after 11pm, especially on the weekends. I have a truck for a daily driver though. Watching your speed and being sober is a no-brainer. Be careful out there guys, and respect the fast m#th$rf&cker that you are riding.
kipjones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 03:08 PM   #59
Zapata
a.k.a Dos Equis

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
'13 Victory Cross Country
'13 Victory Judge

Member Garage

Quote:
That's why I am a big advocate of Funeral Expenses Insurance!! If you ride everyday like me, you owe it to your Family! In case you die your funeral expenses are covered and your Family don't need to deal with that. You get to choose what you want on your funeral service. In my case I got only the cremation and no service or ceremony of any type.
Sorry for going a little of-topic.
Zapata is offline   Reply With Quote

Advertisement