MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > Taking it to the Track
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.


Like us on Facebook! Regular shirt GIVEAWAYS and more

Advertisement

Closed Thread
Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-24-2007, 12:32 PM   #41
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by ownage
you'll be surprised on how many 'stunters' have done track days...a majority of them started stunt riding cause they fukced up there bike racing or hauling on the streets.

werd
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline  
Similar Topics
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
reckless driving a felony offense?????? level5 General Discussion (Moto Related) 11 12-13-2006 01:40 PM
Advertisement
Old 06-24-2007, 12:41 PM   #42
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





Quote:
Originally Posted by Mulatto
+1 Patrick

Matt, no offense was taken. Racing and stunting are just 2 different styles and many times seem to attract different people. Racers and trackday guys (who aren't also into stunting) can say the same thing about stunting that you said...you guys go up on the back wheel, or up on the front wheel over and over. You changing your legs positions to make it a different type of wheelie is just like us changing body positions on the bike for the different/better handling in different corners. What attracts me to racing vs stunting is 1) the side by side competition with other racers 2) the precision required to handle the motorcycle at speed 3) advancements are quantitated by lap times and 4) I like riding my bike. I see pictures like your myspace page and you have 1) serious stunting talent and it does require good amounts of bike control which I appreciate, 2) most of the pictures you're not even ON the bike, rather standing beside it. To me, that gets boring. Edit: That is not a dig on you, by the way, only using your pictures as an example. So, no offense intended.

I like stunters(ing) because you guys are usually cool people and when I get tired of corner-carving, it's nice entertainment to see another form of motorcycle control.

To each his own I suppose.

Oh and supermotard is badass....but they do need gear.

my only response to this is... the look on brenas face and the emotions of scraping knee the first time, or taking the corners faster and faster. were close to mine when i first learned to do an idle wheelie. then she gets faster slowly and notices faster laps, little excitement... but everytime i learn a new trick, it is back to that same feeling.

what can you learn racing?

lean left
lean right
haul
squid wheelie down the straight
shifting points
braking points
...... please add if you think there is more

stunting..

wheelie
idle wheelie
seat stander
spreader
high chair
bar scrapes
stoppie
50/50
FIB
Frog
Frogmingo
Christ
Switchback
circles
circles + the above tricks(which would double the list easily)
combos...
throttle control like you will never need anywhere but on 1 wheel bc if you are not on the money with your throttle control, you are on your back.
brake control like no where else, because when you clutch it up, if you dont catch it with the brake, you are on your back
front brake control like you will need no where else, bc when doing a stoppie just a touch to much and you are on your face.



that is all.
__________________
Retired
tracksig

Last edited by Mr. Unassailable; 06-24-2007 at 12:43 PM.
Mr. Unassailable is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 12:53 PM   #43
paniro187
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 13,466












certainly didn't want the other thread to turn into this that's for sure. sorry for posting the other one.
__________________
The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule.-H. L. Mencken

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:12 PM   #44
Derek Steptoe
aka MULATTO
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Houston, Tx
Feedback Rating: (2)
Posts: 1,094


Bike(s):
:-(









Send a message via AIM to Derek Steptoe
Hey Clayton. I don't think this is where this thread was intended to head so I'm going to leave it alone here. My post wasn't intended to start anything like this really and was maybe a little out of context for this thread.

I'll shoot ya a PM to add to that list
Derek Steptoe is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:15 PM   #45
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable
my only response to this is... the look on brenas face and the emotions of scraping knee the first time, or taking the corners faster and faster. were close to mine when i first learned to do an idle wheelie. then she gets faster slowly and notices faster laps, little excitement... but everytime i learn a new trick, it is back to that same feeling.

what can you learn racing?

lean left
lean right
haul
squid wheelie down the straight
shifting points
braking points
...... please add if you think there is more

stunting..

wheelie
idle wheelie
seat stander
spreader
high chair
bar scrapes
stoppie
50/50
FIB
Frog
Frogmingo
Christ
Switchback
circles
circles + the above tricks(which would double the list easily)
combos...
throttle control like you will never need anywhere but on 1 wheel bc if you are not on the money with your throttle control, you are on your back.
brake control like no where else, because when you clutch it up, if you dont catch it with the brake, you are on your back
front brake control like you will need no where else, bc when doing a stoppie just a touch to much and you are on your face.



that is all.

this post is a perfect example of your ignorance, for lack of a better word, of what it takes to go fast. you should sit down and talk to brena about what all is involved in track riding.

i'm not going to sit here and argue with anyone about what is harder to do, that's a loosing argument no matter what side you're on. but if you're going to do it, at least have a clue about what it takes to do the one you're arguing against.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:23 PM   #46
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
this post is a perfect example of your ignorance, for lack of a better word, of what it takes to go fast. you should sit down and talk to brena about what all is involved in track riding.

i'm not going to sit here and argue with anyone about what is harder to do, that's a loosing argument no matter what side you're on. but if you're going to do it, at least have a clue about what it takes to do the one you're arguing against.


Just FYI make sure you know what you are posting about before you post it. Me and Clayton have talked about it NUMEROUS times he knows what it takes and he sat out there and watched me ride the track and saw the excitement when I achieved the goal I was aiming for that day.

As far as his ignorance you would be the one that posted telling him to talk to me about something that he already has several times. It i snot ignorance but his preference.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:28 PM   #47
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
Just FYI make sure you know what you are posting about before you post it. Me and Clayton have talked about it NUMEROUS times he knows what it takes and he sat out there and watched me ride the track and saw the excitement when I achieved the goal I was aiming for that day.

As far as his ignorance you would be the one that posted telling him to talk to me about something that he already has several times. It i snot ignorance but his preference.

you know just as well as anyone that going fast on the track is more than
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable
lean left
lean right
haul
squid wheelie down the straight
shifting points
braking points
either he didn't listen to you, or he's ignoring things he knows to prove his point better.

ig·no·rant /ˈɪgnərənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. uninformed; unaware.
4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1325–75; ME ignora(u)nt < L ignōrant- (s. of ignōrāns), prp. of ignōrāre to ignore; see -ant]

—Related forms
ig·no·rant·ly, adverb
ig·no·rant·ness, noun
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:35 PM   #48
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
you know just as well as anyone that going fast on the track is more than


either he didn't listen to you, or he's ignoring things he knows to prove his point better.

ig·no·rant /ˈɪgnərənt/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[ig-ner-uhnt] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation
–adjective 1. lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2. lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3. uninformed; unaware.
4. due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.





--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[Origin: 1325–75; ME ignora(u)nt < L ignōrant- (s. of ignōrāns), prp. of ignōrāre to ignore; see -ant]

—Related forms
ig·no·rant·ly, adverb
ig·no·rant·ness, noun
Yes I do know this and so does he to a point.. I have explained it to him and he knows about it. Just because he did not list everything does not mean he is ignorant. Clayton even said if there is anything else please add on.... So he is aware there are other things. There is only so much you can explain to someone that has never actually gone out there and ridden the track.. I learn more everytime i go out there and tell him about every trip i make out there.


It would be like me trying to make a list about stunting I know there are a load of tricks combops and everything else... BUT if you wanted me to make a list I would not be able to at all because i dont want to list something wrong.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:39 PM   #49
SecretAgent
The one and only
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: SW Houston
Feedback Rating: (1)
Posts: 1,986


Bike(s):
08 Harley FXDB Street Bob









Send a message via AIM to SecretAgent
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brena23
Yes I do know this and so does he to a point.. I have explained it to him and he knows about it. Just because he did not list everything does not mean he is ignorant. Clayton even said if there is anything else please add on.... So he is aware there are other things. There is only so much you can explain to someone that has never actually gone out there and ridden the track.. I learn more everytime i go out there and tell him about every trip i make out there.


It would be like me trying to make a list about stunting I know there are a load of tricks combops and everything else... BUT if you wanted me to make a list I would not be able to at all because i dont want to list something wrong.

and knowing that you don't know enough about stunting to compare it to racing, would you still try to argue that racing is harder than stunting?

not knowing about something is the definition of ignorance. it's not a derogatory term, which i think you are misunderstanding it for, which is why i posted the definition, so you could see, it's not meant in a derogatory manner.

if he doesn't know what's involved in track riding besides, turn left turn right, haul . he shouldn't be comparing it to anything, because he doesn't know what he's comparing.
__________________
"There are some things nobody needs in this world, and a bright-red, hunch-back, warp-speed 900cc cafe racer is one of them - but I want one anyway, and on some days I actually believe I need one. That is why they are dangerous. "
-Hunter S. Thompson
SecretAgent is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:45 PM   #50
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by SecretAgent
and knowing that you don't know enough about stunting to compare it to racing, would you still try to argue that racing is harder than stunting?

not knowing about something is the definition of ignorance. it's not a derogatory term, which i think you are misunderstanding it for, which is why i posted the definition, so you could see, it's not meant in a derogatory manner.

if he doesn't know what's involved in track riding besides, turn left turn right, haul . he shouldn't be comparing it to anything, because he doesn't know what he's comparing.
Being as he used to race dirt bikes on a track he has more room to say which he thinks is harder than I do.. I used to race dirt track to and it is VERY similar to track days minus the jumps of coarse... So yea I do value his opinion with things... And he has given me pointers that have made me a better rider on the track.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:52 PM   #51
josh302
Senior Member
 
josh302's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: fiddy house
Feedback Rating: (4)
Posts: 1,727


Bike(s):
shotgun
rifle
4wd







hey look, a tree
__________________
SCREW PAYPAL.COM
josh302 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 01:55 PM   #52
Solracer
MotoHouston.com Owner.
 
Solracer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Kemah Area
Feedback Rating: (9)
Posts: 28,863

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
2006 YZF600R (Street)
2009 Iron 883



Member Garage


Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
hey look, a tree
:laughing6
__________________
Chris
Solracer is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 02:00 PM   #53
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by josh302
hey look, a tree
Where??



Josh yall comming to play ?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 02:04 PM   #54
Mr. Unassailable
1-20-2013-Change we need
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Feedback Rating: (6)
Posts: 19,792

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+






Member Garage





think i dont know anything all you want.

everyone else knows i do, so in turn you are just making things worse on yourself

I got nothing against track riders, most on this site are friends of mine. All i'm saying is Stunting takes more talent.

I'm going to ride errrr.. stunt.
__________________
Retired
tracksig
Mr. Unassailable is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 02:05 PM   #55
GABRIEL
Senior Member
 
GABRIEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SW/SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 7,181

Experience: 1-3 months











This TREAD was a joke from the begining,I dont think matt posted it to be serious. Everyone is mad because they think there sport is better. I am still waiting to get money and my other bike together so I can race with some of the track snobs and the other people that are not.
GABRIEL is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 02:07 PM   #56
GABRIEL
Senior Member
 
GABRIEL's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: SW/SE Houston
Feedback Rating: (14)
Posts: 7,181

Experience: 1-3 months











Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Unassailable
think i dont know anything all you want.

everyone else knows i do, so in turn you are just making things worse on yourself

I got nothing against track riders, most on this site are friends of mine. All i'm saying is Stunting takes more talent.

I'm going to ride errrr.. stunt.
I dont think it takes more talent to do either, just more practice and skill as in anything.
GABRIEL is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 02:08 PM   #57
Brena23
Mothernugget
 
Brena23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Cypress
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 11,884

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
2005 CRF450R - tarded
Scooter- 2004 metropoliten
Mini-RM 65
2006 GSXR 1000






Quote:
Originally Posted by 97900rr01f4i
I dont think it takes more talent to do either, just more practice and skill as in anything.

I can get on the track and ride just fine.. I can not however keep the bike on one... I think stunting is harder to do and takes more work..

that is all
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kibitzer View Post
If I hate you because you're a stupid then I just hate you. If I hate you because you're a specific skin color then I'm a racist. It really is that simple.

Satan ButtNuggets Mothernugget
Brena23 is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 02:49 PM   #58
BigComfy
Senior Member
 
BigComfy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: under a rock
Feedback Rating: (3)
Posts: 24,321

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage


man this thread has gone off track(<--lol)
__________________
"I haven't seen the crash, but I think Marc needs to be penalized for two or three seasons! Until I stop racing!"-VR46
BigComfy is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 04:53 PM   #59
MATT L.
Senior Member
 
MATT L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,182

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha R6 (track)

Honda CRF 450X motard
Honda 50/88






I started this thread in jest of panera breads, I mean paniro's thread in the stunters section. Where he implies that stunts on a trials bike are harder and more impressive than a big bike. I found it humorous, and was bored so I wanted to mess with the guy, all in fun.

I've been around the bike scene for awhile now, and if I had a dime for every wannabe racer/poser that talked trash about stunters, I could by a brand new ninja 250 .
MATT L. is offline  
Old 06-24-2007, 05:01 PM   #60
MATT L.
Senior Member
 
MATT L.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Feedback Rating: (0)
Posts: 1,182

Experience: 10+ years

Bike(s):
06 Yamaha R6 (track)

Honda CRF 450X motard
Honda 50/88






And I have to add, I really like the track/racing aspect of riding and alot of the guys involved with it. Just not the ones I've come across before that try and downplay what we do, thats all.
MATT L. is offline  
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Advertisement


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:52 PM.


MotoHouston.com is not responsible for the content posted by users.
Privacy Policy