MotoHouston.com MotoHouston.com
Register Members List Member Map Media Calendar Garage Forum Home Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MotoHouston.com > General Discussion > General Discussion (Moto Related)
Forgot info?

Welcome to MotoHouston.com! You are currently viewing our forums as a guest which gives you limited access to the community. By joining our free community you will have access to great discounts from our sponsors, the ability to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content, free email, classifieds, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, join our community!

Register Today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

FREE MH Decals by MAIL!

Advertisement

Share This Thread: 
Subscribe to this Thread Thread Tools
Old 06-23-2007, 10:58 PM   #81
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Feedback Rating: (0)

Experience: 10+ years
Trackdays: 10+

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

So who is the rider that caused the issue? I take it they didn't go down... but do they know what they caused?
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PRAYERS NEEDED!!!!! SPYDER BITE Off Topic 57 08-31-2009 10:20 AM
Prayers Needed :( Lonestar Off Topic 29 05-20-2009 08:06 PM
Prayers needed Please... Gixxer-Joy Off Topic 52 10-01-2008 12:32 PM
prayers needed skmart2 Off Topic 22 07-28-2008 08:18 AM
Prayers Needed redrocker General Discussion (Moto Related) 22 06-21-2008 11:54 AM
Advertisement
Old 06-23-2007, 11:01 PM   #82
1hander
1hand is enouph

Bike(s):
04 R1

Send a message via Yahoo to 1hander
awesome glad you guys are ok.....or at least as ok as you were before the wreck
lol

www.satxriders.com
1hander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:15 PM   #83
CarbonJames
LSTD/TTBC Instructor

Feedback Rating: (1)

Experience: 1-3 months
Trackdays: 1

Bike(s):
13 250sx
13 350sxf
12 150sx
07 CRF 230
04 CRF 50/70

Member Garage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve O Chap
So who is the rider that caused the issue? I take it they didn't go down... but do they know what they caused?
it really doesnt matter at this point, everything was taken care of. a 2nd riders meeting was held to reitterate the rules. sometimes some people just get caught up in the moment. The rider is well aware of not necc. what "he,she" caused but, what happened. no need to start placing blame on anyone. happens sometimes.

the important thing is that they are A OK and in good hands, they were in good hands when it happened also.
CarbonJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:18 PM   #84
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Send a message via AIM to Ramius
Quote:

Curious to know what happened too, did the exiting rider give 'the signal' before proceeding to leave, Was the rider exiting from the race line? If the exiting rider was braking hard.. well, why would you have to if your exiting. Bleh

There is a lesson to be learned in this, have to hear from the guys involved to find out what though.

<---- Curious
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Ramius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #85
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarbonR1
it really doesnt matter at this point, everything was taken care of. a 2nd riders meeting was held to reitterate the rules. sometimes some people just get caught up in the moment. The rider is well aware of not necc. what "he,she" caused but, what happened. no need to start placing blame on anyone. happens sometimes.

the important thing is that they are A OK and in good hands, they were in good hands when it happened also.
To me it only matters in so far as a "learn from his mistakes instead of mine" not a blame thing. Muckraking never has been my thing =)

I'm curious to know what happened so that, shoudl I be posed with a similar instance I could hopefully avoid it.
Who I am now is not who I was, and who I will be is better than anything I ever could have imagined. I am Filled with the Spirit of Christ and I walk surrounded by a Host Of Angels, who can stand before the Army of ? Amen!
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #86
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:

well beside the fact that all the riders that were the I assume were expericnced riders it seems like such a noob mistake.. never the less your right, they will be ok and thats whats important.
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:20 PM   #87
rob78
. . . . . . . . .

Feedback Rating: (10)

Bike(s):
Late Model Never-Was

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramius
Curious to know what happened too, did the exiting rider give 'the signal' before proceeding to leave, Was the rider exiting from the race line? If the exiting rider was braking hard.. well, why would you have to if your exiting. Bleh

There is a lesson to be learned in this, have to hear from the guys involved to find out what though.

<---- Curious

from what I heard he/she did not they just up and decided to pit
TMGP #78
Team I Just Wanna Ride #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nastynesto85 View Post
go ahead and cry so I can use the tears as lubrication to stick it in you
rob78 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:40 PM   #88
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

ok, still being new to the whole trackday thing. What is proper edicate when a person causes others to crash out of stupidity? I am assuming it is every man for himself. Am I wrong? Would said person be pulled from the track from such stupidity?
witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2007, 11:45 PM   #89
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Quote:
Originally Posted by witchdoctor575
ok, still being new to the whole trackday thing. What is proper edicate when a person causes others to crash out of stupidity? I am assuming it is every man for himself. Am I wrong? Would said person be pulled from the track from such stupidity?

I have not caused a crash (that I know of) But I did cause a run off, and from personal experience. Do the right thing, find the person you have wronged and tell them what happened. I had an instance where I came over the elevation change at msrh, and caught a bit of headshake. Natural reaction was to hog on the gas to control the problem, Unfortunatly, this put me in someone elses way, we both ran off, I almost ran into him and it would have been totally my fault.

Soon as I got off the track, and saw him, I ran up and apologised and explained what happened, yeah, he was , and rightfully so, but he was more than understanding once I let him know what happened.

Long story short, if you screw up, man up and fess up. Take the blame where you were wrong and learn from your mistakes.

What did I learn? Dont follow so close, it's not a race.
Old 06-23-2007, 11:47 PM   #90
witchdoctor575
certified shutterbug

Feedback Rating: (11)

Bike(s):
07 triumph D675(sold)
05 busa LE (sold)
03 rc51 (sold)
99 superhawk (wrecked)
01 shadow 1100 (sold)

Member Garage

Quote:
I have not caused a crash (that I know of) But I did cause a run off, and from personal experience. Do the right thing, find the person you have wronged and tell them what happened. I had an instance where I came over the elevation change at msrh, and caught a bit of headshake. Natural reaction was to hog on the gas to control the problem, Unfortunatly, this put me in someone elses way, we both ran off, I almost ran into him and it would have been totally my fault.

Soon as I got off the track, and saw him, I ran up and apologised and explained what happened, yeah, he was , and rightfully so, but he was more than understanding once I let him know what happened.

Long story short, if you screw up, man up and fess up. Take the blame where you were wrong and learn from your mistakes.

witchdoctor575 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 12:18 AM   #91
paniro187

Quote:

learned the same thing my first track day. following to close behind a guy and when he broke to hard mid corner i broke hard and noobish and wrecked. no following close behind.

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 06:13 AM   #92
Ramius
Rocket Surgeon

Bike(s):
The Purple People Eater

Those are the lessons you only have to learn once =)
Old 06-24-2007, 07:43 AM   #93
logan5

Feedback Rating: (5)

Bike(s):
2001 SV 650 (my track ), 2005 SV 650s

Well, glad everyone was okay(relatively) ... just imagine if this happened on the streets ... there's something to be said about keeping it all on the track.
logan5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 09:08 AM   #94
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:

I completely disagree, but you're the LSTD guy... not me.

If the rider knows what happened, but 'not necc. what he/she caused' then how will they learn from the experience?! If someone causes a crash, which it sounds like they did here, they NEED to know all the details about it and how to prevent it. I would think LSTD would have made sure of that much.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:03 AM   #95
alrova
- LSTD - From 0 to Snail

Bike(s):
09 ZX-6R

Send a message via MSN to alrova Send a message via Yahoo to alrova
Quote:

If the rider knows what happened, but 'not necc. what he/she caused' then how will they learn from the experience?! If someone causes a crash, which it sounds like they did here, they NEED to know all the details about it and how to prevent it. I would think LSTD would have made sure of that much.
I don't think it was an LSTD event. But i agree with you at a certain point. The org. should make sure they know what they caused whithout taking action against them if it was indeed an accident.
Old 06-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #96
BigComfy

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
SV1k (sold)
CRB6 Track Bike (sold)
Daytona 1200 (parted)
1st Gen FZ1 (sold)
1st Gen SV650 (sold)

Member Garage

Man I leave for 24hrs and this happens wtf!!!!

Glad my boys are ok seems like we are dropping like RC51's(inside joke)

Heel up quick guys.

BC
Old 06-24-2007, 10:05 AM   #97
paniro187

Quote:

+1

When you add emotion to any equation, you can't trust the results-Unknown
paniro187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #98
Rick H.I.C.
Got Surf? Snow? Track?

Feedback Rating: (3)

Bike(s):
03' 600RR, 05' CR125, 88'NSR 250

:eh: It was an event for licensed racers not a trackday for self minded thinkers. They're suppose to have the expierence of knowing how to exit a track properly and safely. The guy was lucky he didn't get t boned.
Glad you guys came out ok. (Jason / Eric)
Old 06-24-2007, 11:45 AM   #99
BrutusTx

Member Garage

My guess would be that it has been brought to the parties attention already, posting up a name on the board would almost certainly cause an uproar.
Just my .02...........
Old 06-24-2007, 11:49 AM   #100
Steve O Chap
Big Hero

Bike(s):
1995 Suzuki RF600 - Sold
1993 Honda Shadow - Sold
2001 CBR F4i - Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrutusTx
My guess would be that it has been brought to the parties attention already, posting up a name on the board would almost certainly cause an uproar.
Just my .02...........
I don't want the name posted here... I want to make sure the person knows the consequences of their actions.

Advertisement